British Speedway Forum
boston five

Somerset Team Changes

I feel sorry for Stephan who has done quite well, Lambert as had many goes in the PL. Come on BSPA lets have some rules set in concrete for british youngsters for 2014 One british rookie in every team for the full year? On a certain average, If every team had one it would be a fair playing field!

Rob Godfrey when dropping Bates, apologies June I know Scunny is your team, said that Bates had to go because he hadn't brought Douglas half way round the world to drop him. Bates has got steadily better as has Douglas. I wonder if the season was 1 too short for him but he may have been at the same level as Douglas had they stuck with him and I think this is quite widespread. Sheffield have just signed a German and gave Koppe much more of a go than Knight I suppose they brought him over to and Glasgow have already said that they are committed to developing Australians hence Joey Ringwood who I thought was poor, at best, when I saw him. The British lads have to fire from the get go or they are out because it is easier to drop them sadly

Edited by TMW

The changes may or may not help Somerset win the League, and perhaps the KO Cup, but what would also help is if Jason Doyle didn't help Somerset's opposition by scoring 14 points for Ipswich and giving them 2 away points at Sheffield in a 45-45 draw.

• Like 1

The changes may or may not help Somerset win the League, and perhaps the KO Cup, but what would also help is if Jason Doyle didn't help Somerset's opposition by scoring 14 points for Ipswich and giving them 2 away points at Sheffield in a 45-45 draw.

I think if the Prem title was decided on who finishes top,there would not have been a cat in hells chance of Doyley turning out for the Witches.It doesn`t really matter where you finish in the top six as long as you do imo,as any of the top six will be tough.

same score as the pl meet this tear, so no real gain atm.

Rob Godfrey when dropping Bates, apologies June I know Scunny is your team, said that Bates had to go because he hadn't brought Douglas half way round the world to drop him. Bates has got steadily better as has Douglas. I wonder if the season was 1 too short for him but he may have been at the same level as Douglas had they stuck with him and I think this is quite widespread. Sheffield have just signed a German and gave Koppe much more of a go than Knight I suppose they brought him over to and Glasgow have already said that they are committed to developing Australians hence Joey Ringwood who I thought was poor, at best, when I saw him. The British lads have to fire from the get go or they are out because it is easier to drop them sadly

I quite agree with the points you raise. Sadly our young brits do get dropped by teams and I hate to see it happen. Your right Scunny is my team and it was a shame we had to drop Josh Bates. The lad has talent and I hope he gets to make a name for himself, We were struggling as a team having 2 rookies in our reserve berths, I'm sure Rob Godfrey would hate having to dispence with him, as he is all for bringing on the british lads but fans were calling for our team to be strengthened...

A very strange decision to replace Nielsen who has had a good season for the Rebels (and he only signed because Brady Kurtz couldn't come over in the first place).

I could understand better if the move was made to make the numbers fit but Rose could have replaced Lambert and Stefan kept his place. Charles Wright is on form at the moment but he is very much a confidence rider and in the long run Nielsen will be a better rider.

Would have made more sense to go with Nielsen and Rose but if it pays off for the Rebels they won't be bothered I guess!

Win at all costs , if it cant be Workington and with a miracle it might be ;) but Edinburgh or Newcastle get my support .

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 1

I think if the Prem title was decided on who finishes top,there would not have been a cat in hells chance of Doyley turning out for the Witches.It doesn`t really matter where you finish in the top six as long as you do imo,as any of the top six will be tough.

I think it does matter because you have a better choice of opposition the nearer the top you finish and can avoid tracks you don't fair so well at and choose a weaker team for your first leg. Ipswich are currently 2 points behind Somerset with 2 matches in hand. Somerset management should tell Doyle not to take any bookings from them.

I think it does matter because you have a better choice of opposition the nearer the top you finish and can avoid tracks you don't fair so well at and choose a weaker team for your first leg. Ipswich are currently 2 points behind Somerset with 2 matches in hand. Somerset management should tell Doyle not to take any bookings from them.

Average too high after today anyway.

Josh guesting for them tonight, and I fancy us at all of the tracks in the top six, but none of them fancy coming to our place.We have scored good points at most places this term.

hoping that you have put the kiss of death on that statement..

These are the best posts since the..... Who will be the first team to beat Somerset ones last year... :)

irrelevant at moment i know but right now redcar and worky would be my picks think that would pretty much guarantee us a place in the final

If you want to win the league you are going to have to beat the best teams, so bring them on whenever!

• Like 1

Surely a rider is gonna take a guest booking, cause at the end of the day the more rides, the more money coming in! As for cheque book speedway well I hope it was worth it and you win the league....

• Like 1

There is a benefit to the Rebels in that Josh and Nick both got another look at the Foxhall track by taking their guest bookings.

We have meetings this month at Edinburgh and Newcastle so the same applies for those.