British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds 2014

has Anton not done enough matches for an average, sure he'll be well over 7.00

I think Anton has ridden for us 12 times, but 5 of them were LC, TWT and PO's. so only 7 qualifying meetings. Handy for an average next year of 7.33.

NB That is Anton's average WITHOUT bonus points, as per usual.

Edited by Tsunami

Not sure, how do you work out averages, is it just all of his points added together divided by the amount of meetings he has completed?

Don't be silly. :wink:

This is Speedway - it is FAR MORE complicated than that. Perhaps you should contact Professor Stephen Hawking. :shock::blink:

• Like 1

Not sure, how do you work out averages, is it just all of his points added together divided by the amount of meetings he has completed?

not quite that simple,,, the points he score's, plus bonus points, (paid for or not), divided by the number of rides he has, then times by 4, but only in qualifying matches only, easy !!! ,,,or, just wait for the final green sheets to come out, as someone else has done the maths for you ;-)

Don't be silly. :wink:

This is Speedway - it is FAR MORE complicated than that. Perhaps you should contact Professor Stephen Hawking. :shock::blink:

:o WHY IS SPEEDWAY SUCH A CONFUSING SPORT?

Also how do you convert an elite league average to a premier league average?

• Like 1

:o WHY IS SPEEDWAY SUCH A CONFUSING SPORT?

Also how do you convert an elite league average to a premier league average?

add 60% to it

1. Richie Worrall 8.58

2. Ludvig Lindgren 7.34

3. Stuart Robson 7.20 (Captain)

4. Lewis Kerr 6.19

5. Anton Rosen 7.00

6. Steve Worrall 3.00

7. Robert Lambert 3.00

That team will do for me, Not sure of his average but Ludvig might be swapped for Henry?? Lambert is the big one, if we can get him might be a good partner with Worrall and no doubt will spur Lewis on as well, not that he needs it. Hopefully Lewis can convince Lambert that a move to Newcastle would be a good idea, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Is nt the team average 38.5 for next year. Very good team otherwise although I wonder how Robbo will be and whether Lindgren is consistent enough.

not quite that simple,,, the points he score's, plus bonus points, (paid for or not), divided by the number of rides he has, then times by 4, but only in qualifying matches only, easy !!! ,,,or, just wait for the final green sheets to come out, as someone else has done the maths for you ;-)

Bonus points do not count towards the CMA/GSA anymore. They used to up until a couple of years ago.

Edited by The Abbott

Is nt the team average 38.5 for next year. Very good team otherwise although I wonder how Robbo will be and whether Lindgren is consistent enough

I believe a dcision was made 3 weeks ago the the ave for 2014 will remain at 42.5, but dependant on EL decisions

Is nt the team average 38.5 for next year. Very good team otherwise although I wonder how Robbo will be and whether Lindgren is consistent enough.

Robbo said he wanted another season.

I think this team would really bring lindgren on. This is because he has a spot in the team were the pressure is not necessarily there as much and hopefully he will not have to be constantly covering R/R.

Plus i think the averages are being kept at 42.5. I personally think that it should be 45 with a team having at least 4 british riders.

Bonus points do not count towards the CMA/GSA anymore. They used to up until a couple of years ago.

yeah,,, best just wait for them to come out ;-)

yeah,,, best just wait for them to come out ;-)

when do they come out, is it the end of october?

when do they come out, is it the end of october?

NO. They are sorted out with clubs to get rid of anomalies between the club and BSPA records, and the final version is presented to the AGM for use to build teams for 2014.

NO. They are sorted out with clubs to get rid of anomalies between the club and BSPA records, and the final version is presented to the AGM for use to build teams for 2014.

What anomalies? A Rider either has a 6.3 Average or he hasn't that is Black and White.

I'm not going to have to use the word Fiddle again am I?

What anomalies? A Rider either has a 6.3 Average or he hasn't that is Black and White.

I'm not going to have to use the word Fiddle again am I?

You really are on a rant at the moment aren't you.

During the year there are discrepancies develop between club statisiticians records and the BSPA ones. Every year there has to be a reconciliation between them. Even statisticians on here like SCB also have discrepancies which can usually be resolved.

You are becoming obsessive Ian.

• Like 1