British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds 2014

sent you a pm with number to ring.

al do that,,, safer option than borrowing sum kevlars and a helmet n sneaking in, a mean, who would know, thought it was 'fancy dress',,,

sure there'll be a few there that think it is fancy dress, lol

tried that last week, n left a number, but nee response,,,

(think it was my number), but al give it another go, cheers :-)

yeah, deffinately my number, cos av just rang it,,, its a mobile and mabye TS has'nt got any credit, dunno,,,

Sorry Neil, but I sent you a PM with all the contact details as to who to contact, and the events of the evening. Sorry if you didn't get it, but I did send it to you the same day. I will send you the info again in as PM now.

Dave

Sorry Neil, but I sent you a PM with all the contact details as to who to contact, and the events of the evening. Sorry if you didn't get it, but I did send it to you the same day. I will send you the info again in as PM now.

Dave

yeah,,, am all sorted now, took a while to get hold ov Auntie Joan, maybe she'd been to the bingo or summit, just got your PM, n hope your still friends with TWK, lol

• Like 1

yeah,,, am all sorted now, took a while to get hold ov Auntie Joan, maybe she'd been to the bingo or summit, just got your PM, n hope your still friends with TWK, lol

Cheeky s*d. ;):):)

A pretty good season, our lads did very well and it would be great if most of them were wanting to come back in 2014. We will have a problem as our riders Steve Worrall and Christian Henry/ Stuart Robson were replaced mid/late season.

Richie Worrall

Became our number 1. I think he could be encouraged to move up to the Elite League but really, good as he is he still has a few things to learn and I hope he opts for another season with us

Andrew Tully

A good rider but can he improve on his 7 point average, I don't think so. I would let him go

Ludvig Lindgren

Not the most consistent of riders but when he is in the mood he is fantastic to watch bring him back for 2014 so he can entertain me again next season.

Anton Rosen

He settled right in, hit the ground running. If we can fit him in for a full season the "Rocket" has to be brought back

Stuart Robson

Robbo if fit in 2014 should be brought back, he would benefit the team if he was riding in any position but not at number 1 or 5.

Lewis Kerr

The Kerminator has had an unbelievable year at number 7. If he wants to leave us so be it, but really we need to break the bank to keep him here. I want to watch him like Richie moving from reserve to our number 1 rider. All Lewis has to do is learn more overtaking skills like blasting around the outside

Chris Schramm

I was a bit surprised when we signed him but almost immediately I became a fan. Schrammbo is great to watch and if his average fills a gap that asset Steve Worrall cannot fill then come back Chris and do a few tricks, donuts etc.

Christian Henry

An excellent rider. Our Aussie never put a foot wrong prior to his injury. If he wants to continue in 2014 then our promoters have a problem if all the lads want to come back.

Steve Worrall

I think Steve has the potential to follow brother Richie and be an excellent rider. Maybe he can do this at Brough. But our track may not be the best home base for Steve. I hope he does well wherever he rides in 2014

Hey any chance of us prising the cookie monster away fro Edinburgh? He is the only PL rider I would like to see ride for us

A pretty good season, our lads did very well and it would be great if most of them were wanting to come back in 2014. We will have a problem as our riders Steve Worrall and Christian Henry/ Stuart Robson were replaced mid/late season.

Richie Worrall

Became our number 1. I think he could be encouraged to move up to the Elite League but really, good as he is he still has a few things to learn and I hope he opts for another season with us

Andrew Tully

A good rider but can he improve on his 7 point average, I don't think so. I would let him go

Ludvig Lindgren

Not the most consistent of riders but when he is in the mood he is fantastic to watch bring him back for 2014 so he can entertain me again next season.

Anton Rosen

He settled right in, hit the ground running. If we can fit him in for a full season the "Rocket" has to be brought back

Stuart Robson

Robbo if fit in 2014 should be brought back, he would benefit the team if he was riding in any position but not at number 1 or 5.

Lewis Kerr

The Kerminator has had an unbelievable year at number 7. If he wants to leave us so be it, but really we need to break the bank to keep him here. I want to watch him like Richie moving from reserve to our number 1 rider. All Lewis has to do is learn more overtaking skills like blasting around the outside

Chris Schramm

I was a bit surprised when we signed him but almost immediately I became a fan. Schrammbo is great to watch and if his average fills a gap that asset Steve Worrall cannot fill then come back Chris and do a few tricks, donuts etc.

Christian Henry

An excellent rider. Our Aussie never put a foot wrong prior to his injury. If he wants to continue in 2014 then our promoters have a problem if all the lads want to come back.

Steve Worrall

I think Steve has the potential to follow brother Richie and be an excellent rider. Maybe he can do this at Brough. But our track may not be the best home base for Steve. I hope he does well wherever he rides in 2014

Hey any chance of us prising the cookie monster away fro Edinburgh? He is the only PL rider I would like to see ride for us

now that's a decent team, unlikely and expensive but decent never the less.

Fine then how about

1. Richie Worrall 8.64

2. Lewis Kerr 6.09

3. Stuart Robson 7.20

4. Ulrich Ostergaard 6.52

5. Rene Bach 7.85

6. Steve Worrall 3.00

7. Robert Lambert 3.00

More realistic?

• Like 1

Any news on repairs to the terracing?

I heard last Sunday that the repairs could be starting in January, 2014. About time too, the loss of the steps in the stands doesn't effect the dogs of course, as folks who go are behind the glass.

• Like 2

I heard last Sunday that the repairs could be starting in January, 2014. About time too, the loss of the steps in the stands doesn't effect the dogs of course, as folks who go are behind the glass.

Spot on Dave. I still think it is a disgrace that the work was left for so long. Nothing to do with the Speedway I know - but really, a WHOLE Season with NO work done whatsoever - terrible. :angry:

I don't suppose we (the Speedway) got a Rent Rebate for inconvenience? :blink:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Spot on Dave. I still think it is a disgrace that the work was left for so long. Nothing to do with the Speedway I know - but really, a WHOLE Season with NO work done whatsoever - terrible. :angry:

The biggest regret is the the councils H &S officers did not have the gumption to put a prohibition notice on just the middle section, and then issue 6 month notices on the others one at a time. There is very little wrong , and nothing unsafe, about the outside flanks steps. They are merely cracked, and in the fullness in time, would have opened up and then been dangerous. Once again an over reaction by the not so savvy H & S officers.

• Like 2

it really is terrible,,, cos it s a long way back to your feet from sitting on the floor,,, maybe the new steps will be comfier,,,

The biggest regret is the the councils H &S officers did not have the gumption to put a prohibition notice on just the middle section, and then issue 6 month notices on the others one at a time. There is very little wrong , and nothing unsafe, about the outside flanks steps. They are merely cracked, and in the fullness in time, would have opened up and then been dangerous. Once again an over reaction by the not so savvy H & S officers.

agreed their probly 'not so savvy',,, but are only doing their job,,, 'trying to cut down on all these had an accident claimants',,, am sure Mr. W.Hill does'nt wanna be paying out for trips n falls, :-(

Got a bit of a problem there then 'dantodan' as the riders you want back are all PL riders too! ;)

Was anything of interest anounced at the dinner dance, couldn't make it this year?

Lewi Diamond of the year. Richie off abroad to ride my in house spy tells me !!

The annoying thing is the hypocrisy when you see the state of footpaths and potholes in roads that the Council are responsible for, and the they close down terracing that is in a better state than their roads and pavements.

Reading other threads it seems that air fences may interfere with sight lines so it is crucial that the terracing is started for the new season with the air fences in place.

• Like 1