British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds 2014

Difficult to guess at a final team, as the EL situation could scupper a lot of plans and availability.

Richie, yes if he wants another year in the PL, possibly as a D/U

Hanson, wants to come

Kerr, yes please

Lambert, yes keep twitting Lewis

Claes, No

Robbo, yes if he wants to ride again

Christian, Ludde, Tully all yes

Rosen, Yes but surely in Poland on a Sundays.

Chris. Yes and I would never have even thought that before. He has scored some crucial points, is a cracking gater to disturb better opposition riders, but gets too excited and sometimes drops it at the wrong time

Bach, yes, come home please.

I make that a 10 man team!!!! :P It's all 'Fantasy League' stuff, anyway!

I wonder if those practice laps by Jason last night were with a view to trying to get a place for next season?

doubt it i think it was just a few fun laps, even if it was i dont think he looked fast enough IMO

although i do like jason king

Edited by DIAMONDS

doubt it i think it was just a few fun laps, even if it was i dont think he looked fast enough IMO

although i do like jason king

That was his first blast for months! What do you expect?

That was his first blast for months! What do you expect?

That did come across quite badly, i didn't mean it like that. i just meant i dont think he will be in the 2014 team. good to see him back out again though :t:

how good would robert lambert be, would he be as good as kerr has been this season? if so come on lewis keep up the tweeting

That did come across quite badly, i didn't mean it like that. i just meant i dont think he will be in the 2014 team. good to see him back out again though :t:

how good would robert lambert be, would he be as good as kerr has been this season? if so come on lewis keep up the tweeting

hed be better, but think it's pie in the sky he'd come to us given we are a Sunday track, and some of the teams who will be after him.

WHY? :o

Not sure he even wants to be a speedway rider. Why didn't he sign during the year.

I make that a 10 man team!!!! :P It's all 'Fantasy League' stuff, anyway!

It's 11 actually, but no subs.

Not sure he even wants to be a speedway rider. Why didn't he sign during the year.

He didnt sign during the year because when george asked him he had just got a job over in Denmark

He didnt sign during the year because when george asked him he had just got a job over in Denmark

Exactly. Reread my post. :P

• Like 2

Exactly. Reread my post. :P

i mean a job aswell as riding, atleast i think he is still riding

also what avereage would nico covatti come in on, saw him riding at birmingham and he looks great :D

Going to be an interesting winter as the EL cannot continue in its current format which is bound to have implications for the PL. That and the insistence on air fences and I suspect the PL will look very different next year.

For the record I would like Richie, Robbo, Henry, Rosen & Lewis to be the basis of the side next year but I hear Rosen might be Poland bound and possibly Richie too so who knows. I would be happy to have Chris back on a 3.5 average and JK would be interesting too if he's fully fit and 100% committed.

Personally Tully & Lindgren would be a no as they both have too many no shows on the road.

Edited by NJC71

i mean a job aswell as riding, atleast i think he is still riding

also what avereage would nico covatti come in on, saw him riding at birmingham and he looks great :D

Covatti can be a very exciting rider even if he is prone to falls. His EL average would make him a PL heatleader, and I think that he will stay at Brum and his average would not justify his signing.

1. Richie Worrall 8.58-If he doesn't go to Poland i'd love him to stay at newcastle

2. Lewis Kerr 6.19-Been brilliant this season and would fit perfectly with richie

3. Stuart Robson 7.20-Captin, experience and brilliant in the pits plus he is a great rider, i'd love him back

4. Jacob Thorsell 7.00-We had made plans to sign him in place of the injured robbo but he got injured but he would be great in the PL, IMO

5. Anton Rosen 7.00-A must keeper after his performances so far this season. great rider

6. Chris Schramm 3.55-Another big rider in the pits could help robbo with the captains role and he would be a good partner with experience for robert lambert

7. Robert Lambert 3.00-If LK can persuade him over twitter to come to newcastle next year he could be a revolation

other riders I would like to see next season

Rene Bach-He was great in 2010 and if he could have another like it he'd be worth getting

Claes Nedermark-He was brilliant in 2011 & 2012 and he is probably a steal on a 6.20 average IMO

Christian Henry-Consistant and 2012 rider of the year i think he would fit well in the middle order of the team

Andrew Tully-Has had an on and off season this year, but i think he would do well as long as he was partnered with a consistent rider like Henry

Kenneth Hansen-He is desperate to come to ride in the UK and i think george would have a space for him in his plans for next year

Jason King (if fully fit and up for it)-Saw him do practise laps the other night, i would like him back but would he be good enough?

Steve Worrall-As long as he comes back like he rode in 2012 he would be a great rider for us

Lasse Bjerre-Brotherly connections and he would be pretty good aswell :t:

Ulrich Ostergaard-A steal on a 6.52 average and he has always said he would like to ride for us.

Edited by DIAMONDS

I'd have Lewis Kerr back, for starters (rather than Bunyan) and agree with Andy Tully also returning. Both dependant on their parent clubs not wanting to use them, obviously. Doubt we'd get Robert Lambert.

newcastle diamonds 2014 1 richie worrall 2 anton rosen 3andrew tully 4 ludvig lindgren 5 lewis kerr 6 chris schramm 7 steve worrall

final rider would be 7.04

so the team could be

1. Richie Worrall 8.52

2. Lewis Kerr 6.19

3. Anton Rosen 7.00

4. Ulrich Ostergaard or Jacob Thorsell

5. Stuart Robson 7.20

6. Steve Worrall 3.00

7. Chris Schramm 3.55

hmm sounds like a canny good team that like :) i would have that team for 2014