British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Terry

Bad Crash For Emil

Yes mate but Beckham has his haters as well.. Tai is young and one day will grow old like all of us and will look a mess but his life up 2 him

But from speedway point of view it can only be good for English speedway if he wins and I wish him all the best

NOT a fan of tattoos either but didn't seem to lessen Beckham's popularity. Perhaps we are just too old-fashioned.

Tais not British, Lets be honest.

Nobody is excited about Tai winning the WC, More people were excited about Bombers Cardiff win as he is a true patriot.

ALMOST noon on Wednesday and still no official word from the Sayfutdinov camp about whether or not he is withdrawing from Saturday's event ...

Anyone who shggests that Tai might be an underserving champion should look at the table as of now if Emil can not complete the series.

Niamh

The point though isn't that anyone could label him undeserving - clearly he isn't.

Its just that there will always be that little question mark hanging over his victory. Mauger as a deserving World Champ in 1972 and 1977, but 72 there will always be those who think Briggo would ahve won it had it not been for Bermie Persson, the 77 final his victory was overshadowed by PC's courageous performance and certiany there are many who think PC oyuld have on if bnot injured.

Penhall and Nielsen werre the best in the orld in 82 and 86 resprtively, but there victories will always be slightly tainted with controversy after their clashes with Carter and Knudsen resprtively. Even Holder's victory last year was some what overshadowed by his controversial non exclusion inf the semi.

If Tai wins this year the record books will show it for ever, and clearly he will be a fully deserving champion -BUT those who remeber the series will always wonder "what if EMil hadn't crashed..."

Anyway, fingers crossed that Emil makes a miraculous recovery and is out there on the weekend in a fit state to race. Two super racers, either of whom would make a fantastic world champion.

DRMYL is riding on Saturday ...

That's great news....for the other 15 riders.
  • Like 2

Geography is obviously not HRF favorite lesson should pay more attention unless he can tell me which Aussie State Scunthorpe is in ?

For the what ifs, what if Tai hadn't crashed at Cardiff he'd got 7 from three rides & who's to say how many more he'd have got from a potentially another 4 rides also fully fit how many more at Gorzow

Geography is obviously not HRF favorite lesson should pay more attention unless he can tell me which Aussie State Scunthorpe is in ?

For the what ifs, what if Tai hadn't crashed at Cardiff he'd got 7 from three rides & who's to say how many more he'd have got from a potentially another 4 rides also fully fit how many more at Gorzow

I dont think that Emil was Tai's main threat! Darcy Ward was! I think Tai would have been 12-15 points up on Emil if it wasnt for the GP crash at this point in time. I would expected Darcy in 2nd about 8-10 points behind!

My point if you were to stop the GP series today Tai would be World Champion, yes it hasnt gone down to the wire as such but he was leading and deservedly so.

And to all the Tai aint British though is he...Bugger off and Do one please! Its tedius and petty. He has a duel heritige i understand but the way it it is in the sport and how the nationality is given to a rider he has allways and allways will ride for GB. Nothing can change that!

If he wins the World Championship it was always go down as a BRITISH WINNER!...Get over yourselves and support the lad!

Tais not British, Lets be honest.

Nobody is excited about Tai winning the WC, More people were excited about Bombers Cardiff win as he is a true patriot.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

IM Excited, you now telling me what emotions I should be having now?