British Speedway Forum

No doubt about it this is a great post maybe some promoters might take note.?

I am somewhat doubtful that any promoter will take note, but like I have said before (like many fan's I expect) I am more than happy to offer my help free of charge. The sport is in need of an urgent refreshment.

Edited by Synikalle

Premier Sports also heavily promote speedway during breaks with prolonged highlights (not just during a speedway broadcast either) and also include it in their 'coming up on Premier Sports' trailers, not often Sky do that in their trailers.

Ok not for September they aren't having just seen their current trailer lol.

An EXCELLENT Post Synikalle. :t::approve: :approve:

Actually to answer your Mobile 'Phone question. I DO have an Internet enabled 'Phone with which I struggle manfully.

In my day 'Phones were just for 'ringing people up'. :blink: :blink:

So TWK you can look at the Updates to see how your modern team is doing well 2 of your own team + 4 guest + rider replacement. Also if they have had to use the Joker ups sorry Tactical Ride. :wink::cheers:

• Like 1

So TWK you can look at the Updates to see how your modern team is doing well 2 of your own team + 4 guest + rider replacement. Also if they have had to use the Joker ups sorry Tactical Ride. :wink::cheers:

Look up updates on it, you are joking. TWK has only just worked out how to use the phone. Same here Ian. I do like the sound of the new ideas for the younger and those older fans who are technically minded, I will continue to use the phone for ringing people up and the computer for the internet . Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Look up updates on it, you are joking. TWK has only just worked out how to use the phone. Same here Ian. I do like the sound of the new ideas for the younger and those older fans who are technically minded, I will continue to use the phone for ringing people up and the computer for the internet .

Only 4 years younger than TWK myself & I use mine most days. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Shame that all these good modern ideas are on a Sky Speedway thread!!? Certainly worth an eye-catching headline thread of its own!

Maybe if Sky are no longer involved it will be easier for clubs to utilise their own footage on social media sites, as I understand the current agreement with Sky does not 'encourage' promoters or fans from using their own 'unofficial' footage either on their own sites or on social media. That's why there are a few 'unofficial' fan sites/forums/podcasts etc around.

I'm not saying its right but if its a contractual agreement with the Piper, then its the Piper that gets to play the tune!!

Shame that all these good modern ideas are on a Sky Speedway thread!!? Certainly worth an eye-catching headline thread of its own!

Maybe if Sky are no longer involved it will be easier for clubs to utilise their own footage on social media sites, as I understand the current agreement with Sky does not 'encourage' promoters or fans from using their own 'unofficial' footage either on their own sites or on social media. That's why there are a few 'unofficial' fan sites/forums/podcasts etc around.

I'm not saying its right but if its a contractual agreement with the Piper, then its the Piper that gets to play the tune!!

What is a good way of getting attention from promoters? Is there any channels for feedback?

What is a good way of getting attention from promoters? Is there any channels for feedback?

Yes - go up and have a word. That is the only Feedback channel of which I am aware. :blink:

• Like 1

It is not Sky's job to promote speedway.

Just touching on that particular point, it is their job to promote the programmes that they show, and they do indeed heavily promote most of their sports with trailers and pre and post event coverage on Sky Sports News. Speedway has always seemed to be an invisible dirty kept secret to their promotional team lol. Yet if has frequently occupied a slot in their main sports live sports channel during the prime time viewing hours which makes it a very strange state of affairs.

It's like the impenetrable fortress that the newspaper sports editors had even when speedway was drawing great crowds and outdrawing their local football teams in some places, speedway had practically zero coverage and it was very hard to find results. Don't know if the results issue has changed as i haven't bought a printed newspaper for many years.

Just touching on that particular point, it is their job to promote the programmes that they show, and they do indeed heavily promote most of their sports with trailers and pre and post event coverage on Sky Sports News. Speedway has always seemed to be an invisible dirty kept secret to their promotional team lol. Yet if has frequently occupied a slot in their main sports live sports channel during the prime time viewing hours which makes it a very strange state of affairs.

It's like the impenetrable fortress that the newspaper sports editors had even when speedway was drawing great crowds and outdrawing their local football teams in some places, speedway had practically zero coverage and it was very hard to find results. Don't know if the results issue has changed as i haven't bought a printed newspaper for many years.

It hasn't. :sad:

I have written to my Daily Paper (the 'i') a couple of times requesting thay they put Speedway in the Results Section. No joy at the moment I'm afraid. :sad:

Speedway results and fixtures tend to be in the 'red tops' on a regular basis, plus the occasional news item (or in the case of the Sun - a small column every Saturday!)

Yes - go up and have a word. That is the only Feedback channel of which I am aware. :blink:

Then they will tell you not to bother coming again. Which has been known to happen. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mad Potter 2
  • Like 2

Then they will tell you not to bother coming again. Which has been known to happen. :rolleyes:

Believe me I have tried. They are far from approachable, especially when you make any suggestion that they don't already know best. Not to cause offense but it is the truth.

• Like 2

I know - I've already tried it.

• Like 1

Does anyone know the rule regarding this and Cook, since both meetings have been re-arranged which does he ride in

Can't see a reply to this one anywhere...

As both matches were re-arranged fixtures, then normal rules apply to who CC rides for as if they were both initial runnings of the meetings. As Cookie is an Edinburgh rider first and foremost and only doubling up with Belle Vue, he'll thankfully be at Derwent Park (weather permitting) to lead the Merry Monarchs to another away win:)

Edited by Nutz