British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hules

Ipswich V Edinburgh 12/09

All that has been said is that it came down to the last heat and the wrong choice was made by edinburgh on the gate positions. They are just saying they were surprised that a clearly unbeatable rider didn't take the more difficult gate, and his lesser teammate was given the best chance for the team.

Because it's Edinburgh, and their fans are so touchy about any comments by Ipswich fans ... well, they clearly don't like it. Even the mild-mannered Baldyman gets a beating for daring to say anything that implies criticism - yet if we answer back that's wrong?!

Cook was brilliant on Thursday night - no-one has disputed that, not even me.

When it comes down to the last heat of a team match, I don't expect one of the pair to be left to fend for himself. Simple. Doesn't matter who the riders are. I've criticised Ipswich teams in the past for the same. Win as a team, lose as a team.

PS: Congrats to Young51 for inheriting Aljerk's "king of the overused smiley" polkadot jersey :rofl: .

Ah you're such a funny man Mr HE!Touchy?Nah lol,but i will say my bit when i think i have a valid point.You seem like someone who makes some very valid points about our sport (yeah you lol) but also sadly appears to have a really petty side to them and makes comments i disagree with & that have no real foundation.. You should get that pettiness seen to by the way lol,it's most unbecoming! ;) Enjoy your weekend sir and maybe consider some chip removal surgery from those broad shoulders of yours while you're at it perhaps? :D

As for the alleged berating of our skinhead bro,i think he was just picked up on wrongly..it happens.The Combless One is a much appreciated member of the forum i think,and pretty much evenhanded.Some on here could do far worse than follow his example imo..

Edited by Young51

It's all opinions - life's rich tapestry (or whatever the gumph is)!!

You try it in one match and it backfires.

You change it in the next one - it doesn't work.

Only JC and CC know what was the thinking and the discussion.

Ah whatever happened to young jackal?

• Like 1

Surely it's the Team Manager who decides the lineup and gates for heat 15?

I agree that the team manger decides the line-up but it is usually the riders who pick the gates. The Edinburgh team manager was nowhere to be seen when Cook & Tabaka came out to look at the gates. First Cook looked at gate four and dug around in it, and Tabaka did the same in two. Obviously Cook didn't like the look of four and then told Tabaka he was taking two. Tabaka's face seemed to drop when told this and didn't look too impressed!

Concerning all gates being the same gate four gets ridden over more than gate one so will be more slicker as the meeting goes on, so the gates will never always be even, as the two winners off four were in heats four and five early in the meeting.

Edited by Bash

I was over by turn 3 so couldn't see what was going on at the gate before the race so I'll have to bow down to you on this one.

Given the weak lighting I doubt I could ever have seen their faces that well anyway!!

I agree that the outside of the gates gets more traffic during the meeting than the inside, but bear in mind that gate 2 produced a win in heat 6 (still early in the meeting) and then only by Cookie in 13 and 15. S even without the traffic it still wasn't producing winners.

See Josh Bates is back racing next week take it he will be back in the Monarchs team as well

• Like 1

See Josh Bates is back racing next week take it he will be back in the Monarchs team as well

I very much doubt that -- Liam Carr's performances over the past few weeks have been as good, or better, than Master Bates.

Apart from Cook, who by all accounts was a class above anyone else on display and won from both gates 2 & 4, there was only one winner from gate 4 (Risager ht 4) and one winner from gate 2 (Barker ht 6).

So we have to endure more inane rubbish from some that Cook was given the favoured choice between gates 2 & 4.

Some Ippo fans have previous in deriding Cook's efforts.

There was a concerted campaign on here of falsely accusing Cook of causing the Bellego, Tungate crash in the PL 4s, which Chris Louis joined in on.

When video evidence & trackside photos conclusively proved otherwise, very few of the accusers had the decency to acknowledge they were wrong and that Monarchs were deserved PL 4 Champs.

The attitude of some Ipswich fans on here smacks of jealousy towards Craig, and rather than recognise a magnificent 18 point maximum and equalling track record, they concoct a bogus reason to belittle his splendid effort.

• Like 2

You've arrived at the party too late Cyclone, we've discussed and moved on now! ;)

Never too late to point out the error of their ways to the Suffolk Sinners and send them on the path to righteousness :D

• Like 1

Never too late to point out the error of their ways to the Suffolk Sinners and send them on the path to righteousness :D

Lol. I trust non Suffolk folk are ok just the way we are then? :P

Edited by London Witch

The attitude of some Ipswich fans on here smacks of jealousy towards Craig, and rather than recognise a magnificent 18 point maximum and equalling track record, they concoct a bogus reason to belittle his splendid effort.

This is where you are confused. I dont think there has been even 1 Witches fan that has stated that Cook was anything other than MAGNIFICENT.

Infact it was that level of dominance that made the choice not to give Tabaka gate 2 and therefore a better chance of a heat advantage so puzzling.

• Like 5

I am not jealous of a rider who scores a flawless individual maximum in a defeat.

The analysis of Heat 15 has been quite reasoned, and there's no direct criticism of Cook, just questions as to why a rider who was clearly better than everyone else on the night was given what was perceived to be the easier option, when his team needed a heat advantage.

There has been little or no non-Ipswich appreciation of a good all round team effort by the Witches - who were soundly and very disappointingly thrashed by the Monarchs on Tuesday night - but did enough as a team on Thursday to gain all three PL points.

Anyway - congrats to Cook (again, because even I, the awful HE, have said it before) for scoring a brilliant individual maximum and equalling the track record on a dark ploughed field.

In the end, it made absolutely no difference to Sackers Witches that Cook was so dominant - they cheered Ellis and Barker when the Witches riders got within a few yards of Cook on the first lap - but apart from that didn't need to watch a rider who was a quarter of a lap ahead. The important thing is the Witches team got the win.

Indeed, as already pointed out, everything Cook has done at Foxhall this season (including a much appreciated guest appearance) has been to the benefit of the Sackers Witches and their fans.

Touching a the raw nerves of clearly dedicated and fiercely loyal Monarchs fans can be quite entertaining.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 3

Ah that's alright then as I am part London (mum) and part in between Glasgow and Edinburgh (dad)!