British Speedway Forum

Interesting quote from Alex Harkess in the Edinburgh Evening News................

Harkess said: “Leicester have hinted they would like to move up, but they are the only Premier League club who have stated a preference to race in the Elite League.”

So no interest from Ippo in moving up then?

In this weeks Star Chris Louis is reported as saying he would like to see promotion and relegation. Obviously he doesn't realise that many Premier clubs don't want to go up. For promotion and relegation to have any credibility, you couldn't have teams going up or down just by putting in an application. If promotion and relegation came in then Ipswich would never move up, so perhaps that's what The Director Of Speedway wants. (what a stupid title that is!)

In this weeks Star Chris Louis is reported as saying he would like to see promotion and relegation. Obviously he doesn't realise that many Premier clubs don't want to go up. For promotion and relegation to have any credibility, you couldn't have teams going up or down just by putting in an application. If promotion and relegation came in then Ipswich would never move up, so perhaps that's what The Director Of Speedway wants. (what a stupid title that is!)

It will only work when we have the 2 leagues at parity and then there won't be an Elite league anyway!!

So with the new rules it must be 99.99% sure that Adam will be at Lakeside - but can he ride in all 3 leagues?

The EL certainly looks to have cut costs as expected, which has left me a little surprised that we didn't throw our hat in to the ring. Or maybe we did but weren't accepted?

If we didn't apply, then if Louis doesn't think we could cut it with a 32 point limit + two NL reserves, then I'm not sure we'll ever return.

One of the plus point of the PL was more regular meetings, but the EL has now extended their fixture list to 36 meetings.

Edited by CardinalSin

The EL certainly looks to have cut costs as expected, which has left me a little surprised that we didn't throw our hat in to the ring. Or maybe we did but weren't accepted?

If we didn't apply, then if Louis doesn't think we could cut it with a 32 point limit + two NL reserves, then I'm not sure we'll ever return.

Effectively they will only be oaying 5 riders!

Looks a right hash up to me and glad we are out of it!

Barker out Howe in and we are under the limit.

Effectively they will only be oaying 5 riders!

Looks a right hash up to me and glad we are out of it!

Barker out Howe in and we are under the limit.

Personally I'd have thought it would be right up the promotions street financially but still obviously didn't fancy it.

Most PL reserves will more than likely be stronger than EL reserves, which would make an EL Vs PL match a little more interesting and closer.

12 teams and 14 home league matches ????

Perhaps the LC will count in the main league table? Hardly fair if you a tough group!

• Like 1

12 teams and 14 home league matches ????

Perhaps the LC will count in the main league table? Hardly fair if you a tough group!

Yes not sure how that's going to work but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Chris Louis' thoughts on the AGM in tomorrows Ipswich Star.

So with the new rules it must be 99.99% sure that Adam will be at Lakeside - but can he ride in all 3 leagues?

YES...

YES...

Thanks Blu - have seen that elsewhere as well now!

The drip drip drip has started....

... not sure if thats the information or chinese water torture though!!

Well now we know the points limit I wouldn't mind the following team line up:-

1. Richie Worrall 8.64

2. Matt Tresarrieu 5.84

3. Cameron Heeps 6.74

4. Taylor Poole 5.99

5. Rohan Tungate 7.05

6. Adam Ellis 4.25

7. Ritchie Hawkins 3.96

Total 42.47

I know its not likely as I'm sure that Lanham & Risager will be in the team

• Like 1

Well now we know the points limit I wouldn't mind the following team line up:-

1. Richie Worrall 8.64

2. Matt Tresarrieu 5.84

3. Cameron Heeps 6.74

4. Taylor Poole 5.99

5. Rohan Tungate 7.05

6. Adam Ellis 4.25

7. Ritchie Hawkins 3.96

Total 42.47

I know its not likely as I'm sure that Lanham & Risager will be in the team

Unfotunately Tay is a no go - busted his leg a while ago and has quit.

I'd actually enjoy this line up

1 Richie Worrall 8.64

2 Max Fricke 5.80

3 Cam Heeps 6.74

4 Jason Bunyan 5.80/Linus Eklof 5.76

5 Anton Rosen 7.00/Rohan Tungate 7.05

6 Steve Worrall Unsure average allowed 4.50

7 Ritchie Hawkins 3.96

I've chosen Rosen because i was impressed by his ability to adapt to the track. This team is young i know but it would be some exciting racing but it probably won't come to fruition

Ellis would be mental think about riding in the NL. From what I understand, he was pooped before the end of the 2013 season, with huge amounts of travelling in particular taking its toll.

Not sure if Hawkins will ride if he can fulfill his ambition of becoming a firefighter.

Richie & Steve Worrall would be interesting additions to the remaining five (i.e. no Barker either) - both would benefit from the change of scenery.