British Speedway Forum

New Rolling aves . Think they are about right!

Richie Worrall 8.43 (8.42)

Rohan Tungate 6.99 (7.05)

Morten Risager 6.64 (6.90)

Cameron Heeps 6.39 (6.74)

Gino Manzares 5.47 (5.00) 4th away meeting needed

Adam Ellis 4.81 (4.14)

Ritchie Hawkins 4.67(3.96)

Need to keep Ellis above Hawkins so we can use a Pl guest

Somerset on the 2nd May due to be the 4th away for Gino so his new average will come into force 7 days later.

Adam guaranted to stay at reserve as even if Gino gets 0 from 4 his average will be 4.82.

This is where speedway and Ipswich do my head in. Newcastle have made changes because they think they can improve, but they drew with us on our own track with only 5 of their riders, but we will just struggle on and probably take some more beatings. So if Newcastle were a weak team, what does that make us?

• Like 1

This is where speedway and Ipswich do my head in. Newcastle have made changes because they think they can improve, but they drew with us on our own track with only 5 of their riders, but we will just struggle on and probably take some more beatings. So if Newcastle were a weak team, what does that make us?

I do agree we are, and have always been very slow to make changes in the hope of improving.

People will counter with the argument that it's very early to make changes and riders should be given longer to prove themselves.

But tell that to the clubs that have already made changes to try and be the best that they can be.

Somerset are another who have a reputation for being ruthless, but the fact is they are successful for being that way.

Some clubs show ambition and a determination to be successful, others not so much...

By the way, very handy that King will get his over inflated converted average down with Newcastle, to fit in nicely as Witches number 1 next season :D

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 1

Wot average would Thorssell come in on?

Around 8.55 i believe..

I don't suppose it really matters what average any rider comes in on, let's face it, changes won't be made unless we lose the next 6 odd matches, or until it would be too late. Seen it far to often.

And when we did make a change one year wasn't it Lanham in Doolan out ? And wow , how much did that strengthen the team !

Also last year Hawkins came in for Makinen but again nothing earth shattering. Difference last year though was the team was going well up until the play offs and nothing really needed changing.

What annoys most is when the team is clearly lacking and not looking good enough, and nothing or very little is done.

There are other teams in the same boat just look at the Rye threads. They also don't seem to make season changing changes and persevere with poor displays and performances from individuals for far too long.

As I said earlier, some promotions are ambitious and determined to be successful and are quite ruthless in the process, others seem happy to plod along regardless as long as sufficient numbers keep coming through the gate.

Edited by CardinalSin

I think you just hit the nail bang on the head. Whilst there are the enough fans coming through the turnstile, changes are very unlikely. Well done to those that are ambitious, but I guess being ambitious takes more out of the profits. For me though I want my team to win or at least do what they can to win. I must also add, that the one rider I wouldn't change at the moment is morten, which is not a view I normally hold.

And tonight Gino qualified in the world under 21's !

A big well done young man .

Edited by Super Blue