British Speedway Forum

The trouble is the vast majority of those who help as pit crew have jobs themselves and simply cant commit to a tour of that type.

Having experienced that personally first hand I understand. However, very few riders would embark on a 3 meeting in 3 day tour without assistance of some kind.

This tour has been in the diary all season, plenty enough time to arrange help whether it is from the full time usual mechanic or at least somebody willing to travel to oil chains and help with the driving.

But the sport -certainly at PL level- is really only semi professional in many ways.

Therefore the back up will reflect that. The club /riders (thats any not just Ipswich) cant afford more than that and largely have to rely on goodwiil.

Until that position changes then these situations will continue.

Agree with that, certainly the last bit, a few times he hasn't taken a rider out when he might have done, but his decisions never affected a result. Too much is made about the managers role in speedway, they say Pete Adams is a great manager when Wolves win the league, but they dont call him crap when they finish bottom. Switch the odd reserve, pick 2 riders for heat 15, and chuck in a double when needed. As for the motivational thing, i dont see it, no points = no money, that should be all the motivation a rider needs, especially when half of our team dont have any other income, to the best of my knowledge.

Well clearly not in Rohan Tungate's case and he rather foolishly admitted it!!

So what riders went to Germany and who didn't have a mechanic or driver?

The only clue is the same rider also took an individual booking in Germany earlier this season on a Friday, the day after a home meeting, and followed it the day after on the Saturday with a dismal 1 point return at Rye House.

Well rohan also had a single point return at Rye house this season, but I think that was on a Sunday

Well rohan also had a single point return at Rye house this season, but I think that was on a Sunday

Checking the details it was actually two UK meetings on the Friday, Germany on the Saturday and the single point at a Rye House on the Sunday.

OK so the July averages are out and sees the team total down to 1.72 points below the limit!

Cam will be at reserve as his average is down to 4.78 whilst Richie H is at 4.88.

Richie W's slide leaves us with a No1 under 7.50 once again (7.40) whilst Morten is now just 0.32 away from taking over at the top.

If there are to be changes its now or never. 1.72 points is a huge portion of the limit to leave unused.

This is not a dig at any individual as I'm actually relatively happy with the 7 we have but if there is a serious intent to win the PL title then now is the time to show it.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Maybe Chris Louis was just 12 months early with his prediction? ;)

1 Richie Worrall (8.42) 7.4

2 Gino Manzares (5.00) 5.61

3 Morten Risager (6.90) 7.08

4 Ritchie Hawkins (3.96) 4.88

5 Rohan Tungate (7.05) 6.55

6 Cameron Heeps (6.74) 4.78

7 Adam Ellis (4.14) 4.48

Total 40.78

Starting ave in brackets. So if there were to be a change to accomodate the 1.78 what or who do the Witches replace? And is that something the Witches do?

Personally I think Adam Ellis but he looks jaded and possibly his crashes and constant travelling are catching up with him? Would allow for 6.20 to still be under the points limit.

Looking at the others, 3 riders have dropped their starting ave so could have cases against them to be replaced

Cam Heeps allow for 6.50

Rohan Tungate 8.27

Richie Worrall 9.12

Thing is are there any riders available that would fit the bill?

Aarnio or Tabaka are both under 6

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

If anyone said that heeps would drop nearly 2 points of his starting average, I would have said no way, but blimey he nearly has. And just what happens to our number 1's? It's not like it's been a one off, it's been all of them.

As for changes, as said, now would be the best time, but and it's the normal but, it just ain't gonna happen. Which brings me on to a question, do those in charge really and I mean really want to win the league? What's the incentive to win it?

If a change is made it will be from when another team releases a rider to made themselves stronger, Berwick, Rye House, Scunthorpe and Plymouth all have over a point to strengthen. Glasgow and Redcar over 2. That would need a 5.5 to 6 pointer to be made available, but with the likes of Rosen 6.69 and Mellgren 7.47 on the shelf it could happen.....

1 Richie Worrall (8.42) 7.4

2 Gino Manzares (5.00) 5.61

3 Morten Risager (6.90) 7.08

4 Ritchie Hawkins (3.96) 4.88

5 Rohan Tungate (7.05) 6.55

6 Cameron Heeps (6.74) 4.78

7 Adam Ellis (4.14) 4.48

Total 40.78

Starting ave in brackets. So if there were to be a change to accomodate the 1.78 what or who do the Witches replace? And is that something the Witches do?

Personally I think Adam Ellis but he looks jaded and possibly his crashes and constant travelling are catching up with him? Would allow for 6.20 to still be under the points limit.

Looking at the others, 3 riders have dropped their starting ave so could have cases against them to be replaced

Cam Heeps allow for 6.50

Rohan Tungate 8.27

Richie Worrall 9.12

Thing is are there any riders available that would fit the bill?

Aarnio or Tabaka are both under 6

I appreciate that Rohan has dropped his average, but be interesting to focus in on the last month compared with the month before? It appears that he's going in the right direction again, more efforts like last night would surely see him get nearer 8. Richie Worrall has certainly got what it takes, its going to happen soon, and when it does, could be very good. Personally I would stick with these 7 and use the remaining fixtures to get in the top 6 six and regain form then be in better form to see what happens in the play-offs. Over and out!