British Speedway Forum
Irk Deflector

Wolves V Birmingham Play Off Semi 1st Leg - 23rd September

What an insulting post to post, the current leader of the GP's is not there by fluke, as good as NKI is Tai is better. I'm sure NKI will do wolves proud tonight, but I'm sure all Wolves fans would prefer an injury free Woffy.

Other that flying through the tapses in his first ride Puk dominate Saturdays GP and went unbeaten. He IS the form man right now.TBH, both should be capable of maximums vs Birmingham who lack an obvious number 1 and are more reliant on their ability to avoid lasts and make the most of heats 2, 8, 12 and 14.

Nki for tai makes wolves stronger , gonna be a cracking semi final imo

Not in a million years, best Wolves can hope for is he gets near to what Woofy would have got, NKI while a good rider, doesn't have as much track knowledge and could be keeping an eye on not taking unnecessary risks with the final GP in mind.

What I mean is, even if NKI gets a big score, he'd only be matching what Tai would of been exected to do anyway, so no advantage as far as I can see, but could be a disadvantage if he doesn't fancy going at 100%.

We all know the key for the Brummies is heat advantages against Wolves lower order, obviously they'll try and beat the heatleaders where possible, but settle for 3-3's otherwise.

Edited by david2905

Iversen may not be an advantage but compared to a half fit Tai then he is at least as good an option and to say he is going to keep half an eye on the final gp just means you don't know the guy.

He is the most genuine all out racer and will give his all whoever he rides for, rode for Poole in the k o cup and he was just incredible, some of his passes defied belief and a end of season tournament that nobody really cares about i was just amazed at his commitment.

Domestically id take nki over woffinden every day.

Hes the form rider right now, his league form in all three leagues has been outstanding forthe last two years.

Doesnt weaken wolves at all

Take a look at his last few scores at home... Has been well beaten quite a few times and has dropped plenty of points

Edited by ThePinstripe

We all know the key for the Brummies is heat advantages against Wolves lower order, obviously they'll try and beat the heatleaders where possible, but settle for 3-3's otherwise.

Well, this strategy has worked for the Brummies all season! :D

NKI and Woffy are like for like and you know that NKI will give 100 % as well .

• Like 1

Non-contracted riders get "League Winners" medals?

Ricky wells did when Poole won the league and he was a guest.

Not in a million years, best Wolves can hope for is he gets near to what Woofy would have got,

I cant say i`m surprised at least one poster would unbelievably suggest that replacing the leagues best rider of the year makes us stronger. :rolleyes:

Neils was the ONLY option that would give us anything like a chance of finding an adequate replacement. He has been in great form and other than Ward there is no other suitable replacement.

The cheaper option of Nicholls/BPedersen/Sundstrom would never be adequate and whilst Bjerre has been in good form and can ride Monmore well his play off form is dismal and thats being kind so not even worth a thought.

Decimated yet again by injuries it will be a miracle if we can contain the Brummies tonight, but no doubt Neils will give his all.

Not in a million years, best Wolves can hope for is he gets near to what Woofy would have got, NKI while a good rider, doesn't have as much track knowledge and could be keeping an eye on not taking unnecessary risks with the final GP in mind.

What I mean is, even if NKI gets a big score, he'd only be matching what Tai would of been exected to do anyway, so no advantage as far as I can see, but could be a disadvantage if he doesn't fancy going at 100%.

No, TBH, that's not enough. If the team goes with that attitude (and I don't think Wizzer will allow it anyway), we'll get well beaten. The attitude is we're going to win every heat and bring an advantage back to Perry Barr next Monday.

No, TBH, that's not enough. If the team goes with that attitude (and I don't think Wizzer will allow it anyway), we'll get well beaten. The attitude is we're going to win every heat and bring an advantage back to Perry Barr next Monday.

Best result from Brum is a 4-6 point home win. So wolves fans turn up next week but Brum are in a good position. If the Brummies win the crowd will be down next week.

Best result from Brum is a 4-6 point home win. So wolves fans turn up next week but Brum are in a good position. If the Brummies win the crowd will be down next week.

Maybe, maybe not. Let's not forget we are in a sudden death scenario and anything can happen. Wolves go very well at Perry Barr, and could win there next Monday regardless of any result tonight.

Having been born in Birmingham ( B6 ) a long time ago! I send my sincere and best wishes to the Birmingham Brummies to win over the two legs.

hope there is some excellent racing and both teams riders come out injury free. :t:

• Like 1

Non-contracted riders get "League Winners" medals?
They are presented with them.

Excellent state of affairs then...so Andrew Tully who doesn't have an EL ride could end up "being presented with" an EL winner medal for all his efforts in the EL during the season. Will he have to hand it back afterwards to a Jim Bowen lookalike to the words of "have a look at what you could have won"?

Excellent state of affairs then...so Andrew Tully who doesn't have an EL ride could end up "being presented with" an EL winner medal for all his efforts in the EL during the season. Will he have to hand it back afterwards to a Jim Bowen lookalike to the words of "have a look at what you could have won"?

To be honest, who cares?

Most of us are thoroughlly looking forward to tonights meeting!

With regards to the NKI/Tai debate. NKI will match Tai's scoring power, there is little doubt about that. There will also be no lack of effort from him. The only area he may be slightly weaker than Tai is in team riding, which Tai can be superb at.

Overall though, there's pretty much nothing in it.

Tai has been well beaten by average riders in his last few meetings, nki is sensational at wolves I would say on current form he makes wolves stronger