British Speedway Forum
Irk Deflector

Wolves V Birmingham Play Off Semi 1st Leg - 23rd September

So in that case if your coming out of turn 2 and someones. bike is coming up the outside around you, you'd advocate fencing them ?, no one chooses their line genuinely with a tight turn 1/4 of a way down a straight.

The most disappointing thing was the idiotic Brummies fan - I would like to describe him in stronger language but I don't like to swear on here - who cheered both times that NKI fell off excusing his actions by saying that his falls were good for the Brummies.

That however is unacceptable, while it helped the Brummies cause, you never want to see a rider potentially injured/

I'd walk away.

That's assuming they had the option to, and shoving/punches were not already raining in from this mysterious Wolves team member.

Edit: that top post is in reply to Bwitcher, I quoted the wrong post.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 1

So in that case if your coming out of turn 2 and someones. bike is coming up the outside around you, you'd advocate fencing them ?, no one chooses their line genuinely with a tight turn 1/4 of a way down a straight.

Dave Dave, go and lie down, what the hell are you trying to say. Nobody sane would advocate fencing anyone, where did I, or anyone else do that?

Take a break lad.

Firstly congratulations to the Birmingham Brummies who were the stronger team on the night and most of the mishaps were on the Wolves side with Brummies only letting points slip when King fell early on, but then benefitted by Barker winning the rerun over an impressive Skornicki who deserves credit along with Ricky who both battled well through the night.

Ludvig tried but struggled while Nicolai was either brilliant or terrible while Miskowiak was as expected a big disapointment and never beat one Birmingham rider that could do four laps. To think this is the replacement for a rider that was averaging 9 points a match shows how much the injury to Ty Proctor has cost us this season.

On the night, Niels was having a nightmare but heat 13 was the rider we saw on Saturday and hopefully it wont be too long before he is back on the bike and winning races ...... next Monday hopefully !!. As for Freddie, he was on form but beaten just once by Bomber who was back to his usual fast Monmore form and along with Jason Doyle led the Brummies well.

Barker did well and King had that one very good race while Andrew Tully did a good job at reserve by scoring in each race and Smolinski grabbed a few points early on but honestly doesn't impress me at Wolves while Nico Covatti just cant seem to ride the place.

As for after the meeting, I'm not going to comment on who did what or to who but it never involved Freddie or Doyle and it was over comments made from both sides that got over heated but soon settled and soon everyone was back to packing away and looking back on a very good meeting won by the better team ........ but it's not over yet !!

The move by Harris in the last heat was reckless to say the least - there was never going to be a way through.

Rubbish. Puk went in mid-track, tried to get back to the inside and Bomber was coming through and they clashed. 100% racing incident.

As for the Lindgren/Doyle thing. Both as bad as each other.

That's your opinion, but you'd be in a very small minority.

No weaker for sure. Stronger? No. Both equally as capable of going through the card.

Just goes to show the original opinion was nonsense. Hope Neils is OK that was a nasty fall, and a recluse challenge from Bomber in the first place.

It was so good to see a huge crowd like that at Monnmore, I got there about 6.40pm and all the roads were packed, had to park right down the bottom of Hickman Avenue. Walked up to the turnstiles and the queue was only through to the overspill carpark :o . Its great for the sport to see crowds like that, so many Brummies fans and a great atmosphere.

And some will still say the play offs aren't any good. THANK GOD for them!

Had to question before the meeting if Birmingham had peaked after getting top spot but they came and did a very professional containing job.

Obviously we can still point to Iversen being poor as a replacement for Tai (and some said he was a better replacement! :rofl: :rofl: ) Bringing your GP bikes is not going to help you at Wolves and so it proved. The points Tai would have scored would have turned this into at least a narrow home win.

Klindt could have easily been in double figures if he retained some bottle. He really seems to have lost all of his ability bar his gating. So many lost points by failing to hold positions under the slightest of pressure.

And what can anyone say about Miskowiak. Apparently Wolves fans were applauding his signing but something is obvious - RR WAS better. Wonder where his defenders are now??

Track was great for a neutral but not prepared for a Wolves team, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Half time Brum have the job as good as finished. Wolves CAN get something at Brum .......................... if they ditch Miskowiak.

Great to see so many Brummies travelling and vocalising their support .

I will suffer again watching the replay.................. mostly to watch the Pirates look ordinary :t:

Putting to one side the Lindgren/Doyle incident for one moment the meeting itself was a hard fought encounter with Birmingham capitilising on a below par display from NKI. Those who said he would make Wolves stronger than Woffinden have been shown to be very very wrong. His performance was the difference between a Wolves win of around 8-10 pts and the 2pt defeat. No excuses, Wolves season finally ended when Tai crashed on Saturday night in reality.

Having said that.. when we have such inept team management it doesn't help. Wolves have 2 reserves.. one, Ludvig Lindgren who is much more at home of the inside gates. The other, Nicolai Klindt who at Monmore Green is ONLY of any use of the outside gates. It doesn't matter if Klindt gates of 1 or 2 at the moment, he loses so much speed on the inside he is either passed on the back straight, or riders come alongside him and he throttles off.

This was evidenced by his 2 0's from the inside gates (after gating) and 2 wins from the outside gates where he just lets the bike run round the outside and has momentum to pull away on the back straight.

Now, pretty much any Wolves fan will know this. So why oh why doesn't the team manager? Klindt and Lindgren should have replaced each other so that Klindt had 4 races starting off 3/4.. Ludvig 4 races starting off 1/2 Both riders going off preferred gates all night long. Its not rocket science. Its basic stuff that could have earned Wolves and extra 3-4 pts over the course of the evening.

Secondly.. once again Wolves have served up a track for a big meeting that doesn't suit the home team. I mentioned earlier in this thread, if there was no inside line off 2, Wolves would lose. I was correct. Iversen, Wells, Lindgren all went for moves on the 'Karlsson corridoor' that would normally have fired them to the front. There was nothing there. There were no excuses with the weather for why the track wasn't prepared correctly.

That is no criticism of Birmingham, their riders got stuck in and rode the track well.

The reality is though, it all boils down to Iversen, who despite the effort simply did not produce anything near a good enough performance to cover for Tai. I do hope he isn't seriously hurt and is able to ride in the last GP to gain a medal.

So it's on to the 2nd leg where the Brummies should see the job through with quite a bit to spare.

Dave Dave, go and lie down, what the hell are you trying to say. Nobody sane would advocate fencing anyone, where did I, or anyone else do that?

Take a break lad.

Sorry I quoted the wrong post, was meant for Bwitcher's rather biased view than yourself.

Rubbish. Puk went in mid-track, tried to get back to the inside and Bomber was coming through and they clashed. 100% racing incident.

As for the Lindgren/Doyle thing. Both as bad as each other.

Agree to an extent, Puk was always going to block that run which is what he did. Bomber should have been wise to the fact it was going to happen though. No malice intended though.

Sorry I quoted the wrong post, was meant for Bwitcher's rather biased view than yourself.

What have I said that is biased? One was a racing 'incident' which has been done many many times with no exclusions, the other was an after race assault. Those are the facts.

Agree to an extent, Puk was always going to block that run which is what he did. Bomber should have been wise to the fact it was going to happen though. No malice intended though.

If riders have to start being wise to the fact the rider in front may change his line we may as well declare Nicolai Klindt World Champion and end all races after 15 metres. Edited by SCB

Half time Brum have the job as good as finished. Wolves CAN get something at Brum .......................... if they ditch Miskowiak.

Its all very well suggesting that Miskowiak is ditched but you don't suggest who should replace him even if that were possible.

Wolfie

May I just raise a few points regarding the last few moments of heat 15

Freddie suddenly slowed heading towards the finish line as he came off turn four well clear of Doyle and yes he clearly changes line very quickly BUT ...... Ask yourself a few questions

1 - If he was blocking Doyle, how come they didnt collide until turn two at a much slower speed ?

2 - If Freddie was going to slow Doyle down to get Skornicki up to get a 45-45 draw, why would he wait until the final bend instead of the previous three laps

3 - Anyone thought that Freddie wasn't under power going over the line ?

Regardless of comments by many, the result still says Wolves 44 Birmingham 46 so well done Birmingham

Nki had a bad night it happens...... Quite a few said he would match Tais scoring so guess their all wrong as well

Id still choose nki over tai as my number one of I was opening an el track tomorrow not just because he's of my favorite riders but his commitment is second to none and For such a poor performance tonight something must of been seriously wrong

Its all very well suggesting that Miskowiak is ditched but you don't suggest who should replace him even if that were possible.

Wolfie

We'd be better with RR. A cold/trip to Las Vegas usually works.

Nki had a bad night it happens...... Quite a few said he would match Tais scoring so guess their all wrong as well

Id still choose nki over tai as my number one of I was opening an el track tomorrow not just because he's of my favorite riders but his commitment is second to none and For such a poor performance tonight something must of been seriously wrong

The reality was he should have matched it, however you tried to claim he strengthened us which was totally wrong as he was not prepared for the meeting at all and had to bring in his GP bikes which quite clearly weren't set up for getting out the starts at Monmore. He tried his hardest I'm sure, but his performance was very sub standard for a rider of his ability.

This isn't a debate over who someone would have as their No 1, although if you were opening an EL track tomorrow you'd be a bit dumb not to choose a British World Champion (if he wins it) to lead your side if you had the choice! Maybe you should become a promoter after all, you'd fit right in :)

Edited by BWitcher