British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

R/r For A Rider Riding Elsewhere?

Errrr because they might actually want to know the rules of what minority sport with stupid rules they have actually came along to watch for the first time as they might want to return

Exactly. :t:

Yet again the same as guests no one have come a better idea on a system that will work ...you find this on most subjects about people moaning but not having answers ..

If your best rider is missing for whatever reason then the team concerned should expect to be weakened and accept that until he returns or is replaced they will just have to soldier on by using the rider replacement facility. I would however suggest that when a team's top average rider is missing then 2 of his rides may be taken by any other rider if desired with one each being taken by any other 2 riders. If a team's second highest average rider is missing then 2 of his rides should be taken by the number 3 and one each by any 2 others and if number 3 is missing then 2 rides may be taken by number 4 and one each by any 2 others other than the number 1 and so on.

If your best rider is missing for whatever reason then the team concerned should expect to be weakened and accept that until he returns or is replaced they will just have to soldier on by using the rider replacement facility. I would however suggest that when a team's top average rider is missing then 2 of his rides may be taken by any other rider if desired with one each being taken by any other 2 riders. If a team's second highest average rider is missing then 2 of his rides should be taken by the number 3 and one each by any 2 others and if number 3 is missing then 2 rides may be taken by number 4 and one each by any 2 others other than the number 1 and so on.

Yet again a idea that takes in no account for the crowds needed to for Speedway to survive ...If say Poole were missing a no 1 rider like Ward or Holder a riders who brings in the crowds and you replace him with rr it will cost the home team a shed load of money ..also teams at times could gain a massive advantage if the number 3 rider was in better form than number the 2 and so on leaving the gate open for teams to cheat .. as I said we have had years of having rr and the reason is no one has come with something that can replace it that works . Edited by orion

RR used to be for an injured heat leader, guests for your number 1

then RR was for any of the top 5 and then guests for the highest scoring reserve as well as number 1

now we have RR for riders that are not injured,

How long before we have guests or RR for any of the 1 to 7 for no other reason than they dont like the away track their team is riding at, i

It would make the away team more competetive and according to the arguement for guests above, increase the crowd

The untimate solution is to just name any seven available riders you can find for each match, and therefore do away with guests and RR as each team will not have to sign any riders, just choose from the available pool

RR used to be for an injured heat leader, guests for your number 1

then RR was for any of the top 5 and then guests for the highest scoring reserve as well as number 1

now we have RR for riders that are not injured,

How long before we have guests or RR for any of the 1 to 7 for no other reason than they dont like the away track their team is riding at, i

It would make the away team more competetive and according to the arguement for guests above, increase the crowd

The untimate solution is to just name any seven available riders you can find for each match, and therefore do away with guests and RR as each team will not have to sign any riders, just choose from the available pool

I thought we already had that. :shock: :shock: :blink: :blink: :D

Edited by The White Knight

Yet again a idea that takes in no account for the crowds needed to for Speedway to survive ...If say Poole were missing a no 1 rider like Ward or Holder a riders who brings in the crowds and you replace him with rr it will cost the home team a shed load of money ..also teams at times could gain a massive advantage if the number 3 rider was in better form than number the 2 and so on leaving the gate open for teams to cheat .. as I said we have had years of having rr and the reason is no one has come with something that can replace it that works .

But might not speedway one day attract more customers if it was run sensibly. At present it only caters for existing customers some of whom are obviously becoming more and more dissatisfied with what they are being served up. It has already been said that all of the non speedway media disregard it as even a minority sport which continues to get sillier with each passing day. In a recent King's Lynn article Mads Korneliusen is quoted as being totally fed up with the rules and no longer looks forward to racing in England but will continue to do so in the hope that things will improve.

But might not speedway one day attract more customers if it was run sensibly. At present it only caters for existing customers some of whom are obviously becoming more and more dissatisfied with what they are being served up. It has already been said that all of the non speedway media disregard it as even a minority sport which continues to get sillier with each passing day. In a recent King's Lynn article Mads Korneliusen is quoted as being totally fed up with the rules and no longer looks forward to racing in England but will continue to do so in the hope that things will improve.

Did they not have guests and rr years ago when the crowds were big then ? Sure fans and riders etc are Fed up with Matt Ford and co and there rules but as I said over long time no one has come up with anything that is better than rr or guests .

Did they not have guests and rr years ago when the crowds were big then ? Sure fans and riders etc are Fed up with Matt Ford and co and there rules but as I said over long time no one has come up with anything that is better than rr or guests .

It's the guests that I would like to see be done away with and it's the RR facility that should be modified for the better to replace them. It is all about making things more credible. I take the point in that if a top man is missing some may decide not to attend but if the evening should prove to be entertaining interest may increase in the long term which will only be better for the sport in general.

• Like 1