British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poll. Who Are The Two Teams You Think Will Make The El Final?

I couldn't care less what the bookmakers think or even Matt Ford's and Rosco's mind games. At the end of the day,Swindon made the conscience decision to chose Poole from the 3 other teams available because they see themselves as favorites to beat us. Therefore, Poole have nothing to lose and everything to gain particularly when you consider the injuries we have endured throughout the season.

As always, good luck to both teams and over two legs - may the best team win......And I expect that to be Swindon!

Swindon did have any choice as they came second in the league ...try again
  • Like 1

classic internetman getting it wrong as usual.

I couldn't care less what the bookmakers think or even Matt Ford's and Rosco's mind games. At the end of the day,Swindon made the conscience decision to chose Poole from the 3 other teams available because they see themselves as favorites to beat us. Therefore, Poole have nothing to lose and everything to gain particularly when you consider the injuries we have endured throughout the season.

As always, good luck to both teams and over two legs - may the best team win......And I expect that to be Swindon!

That's a fair point, PQ7, it was actually advertised at Wolverhampton last week before the end of the matches at Birmingham and Swindon that the Brummies would be at Monmore Green tonight. Not only good business sense from all four clubs concerned, but Swindon obviously won't have picked the Pirates if they thought they were going to lose. As you say, best of luck to all teams involved tonight, may the best teams win, whoever they are.
  • Like 1

That's a fair point, PQ7, it was actually advertised at Wolverhampton last week before the end of the matches at Birmingham and Swindon that the Brummies would be at Monmore Green tonight. Not only good business sense from all four clubs concerned, but Swindon obviously won't have picked the Pirates if they thought they were going to lose. As you say, best of luck to all teams involved tonight, may the best teams win, whoever they are.

Well said LH.

• Like 1

Thank you for pointing that out!.....Still nothing else changes.

• Like 1

Well said LH.

Thanks, mate. I'm actually making the trip to Monmore tonight, first time in many years. I'm going to get there quite early, as it should be a whopper of a crowd tonight. Should be a good atmosphere, too. Usually is when the Brummies and Wolves meet. :t:
  • Like 1

Thanks, mate. I'm actually making the trip to Monmore tonight, first time in many years. I'm going to get there quite early, as it should be a whopper of a crowd tonight. Should be a good atmosphere, too. Usually is when the Brummies and Wolves meet. :t:

I agree, i expect a whopping crowd and i too will be there early. Have a great night and enjoy what should be an excellent night of racing plus of course the best team winning :t:

• Like 1

What a thoroughly disagreeable man this stevebrum is.

Can you seriously wonder what it must be like to wake up each day and see life through his eyes :oops::rolleyes:

Surely it's better to admit you are wrong occasionally rather than everyday on everything you unfortunately write on here.

Trouble is he will come back and make some inane comment which is neither relevant or correct. He must sit there waiting for me or yourself to post so he can use the "troll" word. Completely lost the plot.

• Like 2

Just read through the Swindon Advertiser website this moring to see what they say about the build up for tonight.

Kildemand makes us favourites, Batchelor says Poole should just be happy in making the playoffs and Andersen say they will smash us from heat one.Not all singing from the same hymn sheet by the look of it!

Bring it on!

Ha Ha, i hope Rosco's fit, he'l need to be chasing up and down the pit lane!! Puff pant Wheezze. :rofl:

I agree, i expect a whopping crowd and i too will be there early. Have a great night and enjoy what should be an excellent night of racing plus of course the best team winning :t:

You going to Blunsdon then Steve?? :rofl:

Trouble is he will come back and make some inane comment which is neither relevant or correct. He must sit there waiting for me or yourself to post so he can use the "troll" word. Completely lost the plot.

Yeah but it's still rather strangely amusing watching him tie himself in knots with his own words and then he ends up telling porkies to try and get out of the mess he created! :rofl:

And by the way, he goes from one thread to the next disagreeing with plenty of others posters as he poorly attempts to enforce his warped sense of logic on whatever subject matter. :rolleyes:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

In nearly 10 years of reading Steve's posts he has always tried to convince other members that what he wants to happen won't. Infact he still thinks when he is having sex he will come second :-)

• Like 1

Steve Shovlar said in a post that it was "a bit of light-hearted fun". You added a "like " to that post. Now you are saying the forum has spoken and comparing it to a general election.

159 people, about 1% of forum membership have taken part in a bit of knock-about stuff, some have apparently voted for more than one club so how can it be taken seriously ?

People who go to the bookies put their money where their mouth is, but I doubt whether many people on here took the poll too seriously (apart from Starman of course) :P

Of course it's not to be taken seriously. However it does reflect what most genuine speedway fans will think and that is Swindon should beat Poole. Its quite simple.

Yeah but it's still rather strangely amusing watching him tie himself in knots with his own words and then he ends up telling porkies to try and get out of the mess he created! :rofl:

Seeing you told everyone that you would never come back to the forum only to do so under another name I don't think you should say nowt about people telling porkies
  • Like 1

Now we agree :)

Of course it's not to be taken seriously. However it does reflect what most genuine speedway fans will think and that is Swindon should beat Poole. Its quite simple.

Of course Swindon should beat us over two legs on Paper. they have been far and away the most consistant team.