British Speedway Forum
skthecat

If One Rule Could Be Changed In League Speedway By A Public Vote, Which One Would You Change And Why & How? Closing Date: 31/10/2013

I just don't understand how anyone can defend the double points rule, especially after a 10 points deficit. It gives the chance of pulling from 10 points down to 3 in 1 heat. I did not like the tactical substitution either but at least, a team could only pull back 4 points, they were still 6 points down if they gained a 5-1 heat advantage. The only people that really benefit from this rule is television as it may keep neutral viewers interested in a one sided meeting. Let's be honest, most people would love to see their own side winning 60-30 every meeting & with little away support in most meetings, there are very few people at that meeting who want to see the scores falsely adjusted. I think that it is even more of a joke in the World Cup, where surely the best team on the night should win the title!

• Like 1

I just don't understand how anyone can defend the double points rule, especially after a 10 points deficit. It gives the chance of pulling from 10 points down to 3 in 1 heat. I did not like the tactical substitution either but at least, a team could only pull back 4 points, they were still 6 points down if they gained a 5-1 heat advantage. The only people that really benefit from this rule is television as it may keep neutral viewers interested in a one sided meeting. Let's be honest, most people would love to see their own side winning 60-30 every meeting & with little away support in most meetings, there are very few people at that meeting who want to see the scores falsely adjusted. I think that it is even more of a joke in the World Cup, where surely the best team on the night should win the title!

I don't think anyone is defending the double points rule but it's no more mickey mouse than the old rule where you could your top two riders in heat 8 if you wanted and you could only had to be six points down as well ,also overall you could score a lot more points and used it more times as well . Either you are with extra points being scored or your not but the new rule is no more mickey mouse than the old one .

Yet again how that does explain why today rule is a joke and why the old rule was not ...what on earth has the standard of racing have to do with it ? yet again you can't explain yourself .

What i am saying they're was not to much wrong with the product then so why change.?As the saying goes if it ent broke so why change.Also you have not seen it from all eras so in my book you are not as qualified as people who have.Dont get me wrong things years ago were not perfect far from it but the outsiders i know looking in think this rule is laughable.

What i am saying they're was not to much wrong with the product then so why change.?As the saying goes if it ent broke so why change.Also you have not seen it from all eras so in my book you are not as qualified as people who have.Dont get me wrong things years ago were not perfect far from it but the outsiders i know looking in think this rule is laughable.

Yet again what are you going on about ? you said that the old rule was better than the new rule but when asked you can't give an answer ...ive seen both rules so I plenty qualified unlike you who can't back up anything you say .

Yet again what are you going on about ? you said that the old rule was better than the new rule but when asked you can't give an answer ...ive seen both rules so I plenty qualified unlike you who can't back up anything you say .

Are you though i would take whatever you say with a pinch of salt and are you qualified Na stick to watching Eastenders me old mucker.

Are you though i would take whatever you say with a pinch of salt and are you qualified Na stick to watching Eastenders me old mucker.

As normal no answer as you can't ..please don't involved in these subjects again it's way above you .

Edited by orion

As normal no answer as you can't ..please don't involved in these subjects again it's way above you .

Yes right ! if i ever have to bow down to your words of wisdom i will give up you are totally clueless.

Yes right ! if i ever have to bow down to your words of wisdom i will give up you are totally clueless.

Well you have already have as you could not give an answer ..you quit and went back to name calling as you always do ..as I said stick to watching the sport rather that try make comment on things that are way above you .

Well you have already have as you could not give an answer ..you quit and went back to name calling as you always do ..as I said stick to watching the sport rather that try make comment on things that are way above you .

Name calling? a bit of banter get real dont get so prickly me old mucker.All the SwIndon fans i know are all great people, Hagonshocker a great mate and they're are some really knowledgable people i have learned quite alot from them.You don't come into that category to be brutal you piss me right off sorry to be honest and above me right. If i can't hold my own with likes of you with your limited knowledge i will give up hope you enjoy the meeting tomorrow night.!

Name calling? a bit of banter get real dont get so prickly me old mucker.All the SwIndon fans i know are all great people, Hagonshocker a great mate and they're are some really knowledgable people i have learned quite alot from them.You don't come into that category to be brutal you piss me right off sorry to be honest and above me right. If i can't hold my own with likes of you with your limited knowledge i will give up hope you enjoy the meeting tomorrow night.!

As this subject shows you can't that's why you quit rather than debate the subject ...if you have learned about speedway you sure hide it well on here :rofl:

As this subject shows you can't that's why you quit rather than debate the subject ...if you have learned about speedway you sure hide it well on here :rofl:

Quit debate? do you know what that word means? , about speedway i would be more than comfortable to debate all day long with you.?Because out of all the Robins fans i know you are by far the least knowledgable person i know brutal but the truth.

I can back up sidney's point by simply saying that, under the old Rule (which I didn't like either) by saying that at least you could NOT pull back SEVEN Points on the opposition in ONE Race. Wrong, Immoral, Unfair, Unsporting and any other adjective you care to truthfully apply.

Oh - and before you ask - I too have seen BOTH versions of the Rule in operation. I hated BOTH of them, the current Double Points Rule the most.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Quit debate? do you know what that word means? , about speedway i would be more than comfortable to debate all day long with you.?Because out of all the Robins fans i know you are by far the least knowledgable person i know brutal but the truth.

So why don't can't you give a answer about the question between the old rule and the new rule ...rather than going back to name calling .

I can back up sidney's point by simply saying that, under the old Rule (which I didn't like either) by saying that at lease you could NOT pull back SEVEN Points on the opposition in ONE Race. Wrong, Immoral, Unfair, Unsporting and any other adjective you care to truthfully apply.

Oh - and before you ask - I too have seen BOTH versions of the Rule in operation. I hated BOTH of them, the current Double Points Rule the most.

Sidney needs to back his point himself and he can't at least you try to give a reason ...I would say bringing in your number 1 and number 2 in heat 8 is wrong ,immoral unsporting etc and don't forget under the old rule you score more extra points than you can . now .Also you only had to be 6 behind rather than ten ..the bottom line is no matter how look at it both rules were mickey mouse ,
  • Like 1

So why don't can't you give a answer about the question between the old rule and the new rule ...rather than going back to name calling .

Sidney needs to back his point himself and he can't at least you try to give a reason ...I would say bringing in your number 1 and number 2 in heat 8 is wrong ,immoral unsporting etc and don't forget under the old rule you score more extra points than you can . now .Also you only had to be 6 behind rather than ten ..the bottom line is no matter how look at it both rules were mickey mouse ,

Now THAT is SPOT ON orion. :t:

You back the new rule yet you say they are both Micky mouse? Baffling i have also said to you that the old rule had its flaws the play offs i am not keen on but are a success so they are here to stay.The double points should go immediately in my view a farce.