British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarRacer

Sheffield For Sale

I would imagine that we should hear something within the next couple of weeks as Neil Machin usually sets of on his usual Winter holiday in Oz sooner after the Conference, so I would think that he would like to have all the business sort before he goes.

I would imagine that we should hear something within the next couple of weeks as Neil Machin usually sets of on his usual Winter holiday in Oz sooner after the Conference, so I would think that he would like to have all the business sort before he goes.

These days, e-mails make mincemeat of miles -- Neil can discuss terms of sale from Australia as easily as Arbourthorne, actual sale would go through solicitors.

Must have given undertaking to Race, or would have been asked to leave the AGM.

Fair point, and adds the interesting factor that nine of the twelve declared PL circuits have not only committed to race, they have committed to have an air-fence actually installed by March 15th........

With the possibility of further seating if the Eagles do move into Owlerton it will be interesting to see where the seating will go.

Sheffield Eagles recently has a meet and greet at Owlerton. I have just been on their forum and copied the following;

"Main things to come out of the evening, we have a 400-seater stand which we will hopefully be able to put up on the 'back straight' side of the ground, all games will be on a Sunday afternoon with a probable 2pm kick off (unless we're on premier)."

As this has come from a forum it is not official, however,

Assuming Tigers do run, seems Sunday's will now be out of the question.

Presumably also this stand could be used for "big matches" such as PLRC

• Like 1

About time the back straight was back in use - always my spot when I were a lad.

Wish they'd re-open the 3rd bend bar as well.

Sheffield Eagles recently has a meet and greet at Owlerton. I have just been on their forum and copied the following;

"Main things to come out of the evening, we have a 400-seater stand which we will hopefully be able to put up on the 'back straight' side of the ground, all games will be on a Sunday afternoon with a probable 2pm kick off (unless we're on premier)."

As this has come from a forum it is not official, however,

Assuming Tigers do run, seems Sunday's will now be out of the question.

Presumably also this stand could be used for "big matches" such as PLRC

The use of that 400-seater stand for speedway sounds a good idea, but presumably a rental for it would have to be agreed with Sheffield Tigers, which would one assume be additional to the rental the speedway promotion would be paying to the Owlerton Stadium landlords?

The use of that 400-seater stand for speedway sounds a good idea, but presumably a rental for it would have to be agreed with Sheffield Tigers, which would one assume be additional to the rental the speedway promotion would be paying to the Owlerton Stadium landlords?

You never know it might become the "Sheffield Window Centre" Stand. A tie between the tigers and eagles would be a good idea.

Latest statement on the Tigers website from Neil Machin suggests a buyer has not yet been found:

"Tigers have been named in the 2014 Premier League line-up and have already drawn Berwick in the Knockout Cup.

But Machin says it all depends on a new owner taking over the club this winter."

He should have resolved this long before now to be honest but lets hope we get the news we all want to hear very soon.

He should have resolved this long before now to be honest but lets hope we get the news we all want to hear very soon.

It's not all about selling to the first person who comes along though is it?

Neil will want it to go to the right people, which will take time.

• Like 1

It's not all about selling to the first person who comes along though is it?

Neil will want it to go to the right people, which will take time.

I understand that no doubt at all, but might be just making numbers up in premier league next season if it drags on too long !

I'd have thought Machin would have wanted it sorting much quicker, or was it a case of see if he could get his way at AGM it didn't go to plan so now definately wants to sell up.

I understand that no doubt at all, but might be just making numbers up in premier league next season if it drags on too long !

I'd have thought Machin would have wanted it sorting much quicker, or was it a case of see if he could get his way at AGM it didn't go to plan so now definately wants to sell up.

In an ideal world I'm sure Neil would have wanted it sorting much quicker, but, unfortunately, it isn't always like that.

And no, I don't think he waited to 'see if he could get his own way.' For a start, I don't believe Neil is like that and, secondly, I think it was always going to be his last season running the Tigers, so, no matter what, he was going to sell.

Only my opinion of course. Only Neil (and a few close associates I'd guess), know for certain.

Have Sheffield got an air fence ordered? Surely by the time of any sale ordering and manufacturing will take too long?

In an ideal world I'm sure Neil would have wanted it sorting much quicker, but, unfortunately, it isn't always like that.

And no, I don't think he waited to 'see if he could get his own way.' For a start, I don't believe Neil is like that and, secondly, I think it was always going to be his last season running the Tigers, so, no matter what, he was going to sell.

Only my opinion of course. Only Neil (and a few close associates I'd guess), know for certain.

If he'd have known he was going to sell all season he would have put it up for sale much sooner than he did to allow maximum time to sell, now we could end up with no speedway at all.

Machin admits today the fans are edgy and would like to know what is happening but he just gave same lines he gave weeks ago ! Did not enlighten us with any sort of hints.