British Speedway Forum

Thanks screamer that puts my doubts to bed Zagar and Manzares it is then

I thought the same so I checked last years rule book and it does state that all commonwealth and American riders come into the EL on a 3 average and PL on a 5

Beat me to it. Lol

Thanks screamer that puts my doubts to bed Zagar and Manzares it is then

It's what every aces fan wants ;)

Zagar

Cook

Nicholls

Worrall

Manzares

Will most likely be our 1-4. That's 5 English riders which is good going

Much as I'd love Zagar, isn't he ( a ) unlikely to be interested in the 2014 EL due to the increased fixtures and ( b ) likely to be too expensive?

Yeh in ute commenwealth riders come in on a 3 in the EL and 5 in the PL

with America being in the commenwealth then im assuming he will come in on a 3

Somebody had better tell the Americans. :shock: :shock:

They are a bit sensitive about that sort of thing. :shock:;)

• Like 6

Somebody had better tell the Americans. :shock: :shock:

They are a bit sensitive about that sort of thing. :shock:;)

Oh right. Are they not. Anyway as I understand it he will be coming on a 3 point average if he was to ride EL and that's from a promoter

Much as I'd love Zagar, isn't he ( a ) unlikely to be interested in the 2014 EL due to the increased fixtures and ( b ) likely to be too expensive?

Our teams a lot cheaper than last and we afforded Zagar even paying him on time and other riders. He will be with the aces. Keep your eyes peeled this week ;)

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

Zagar Cook Nicholls Worrall Gino comes to 32.01 without reduction but think Gino would be over powered in the EL

Edited by INCOGNITO

Zagar Cook Nicholls Worrall Gino comes to 32.01 without reduction but think Gino would be over powered in the EL

Yes without the reduction Zagar can't fit. But as you will all find out next week worralls average has been reduced by 2.5%

From what I have seen of him he is better than any of our National league riders and with our proposed top 4 as long as he beats them he will be doing a good job and give him a few weeks to get dialled into our track and he will beat a few second srings as well.

From what I have seen of him he is better than any of our National league riders and with our proposed top 4 as long as he beats them he will be doing a good job and give him a few weeks to get dialled into our track and he will beat a few second srings as well.

He's dialled into our track already. He's very quick around it

I'm hearing Manzares is PL bound..

I heard that too - in fact I was told he has tweeted it himself.

As a side issue I belilieve no foreign rider should come in on a 3.

What is the point of taking action to help British youngsters and then then assessing foreigners who have ridden in SWC in on a 3?

Ash Birks 3.05. If two of his rides are against the NL riders and in 1 heats he's got a BV NL rider he should be good for the 3 points. So as long as the rest do well he'll be fine. British as well.

I heard that too - in fact I was told he has tweeted it himself.

As a side issue I belilieve no foreign rider should come in on a 3.

What is the point of taking action to help British youngsters and then then assessing foreigners who have ridden in SWC in on a 3?

I've always thought it's crazy basing an assessed average on a riders nationality. Every rider, no matter where they come from, should be assessed on their achievements, talent and potential.

I've always thought it's crazy basing an assessed average on a riders nationality. Every rider, no matter where they come from, should be assessed on their achievements, talent and potential.

I think they are.

Manzares would be an EL 3.00 because he's never been in the G.P., never won his National title, and never ridden in British, Polish or Swedish leagues..