British Speedway Forum

The stumbling block with Gino is he wants PL. think Ipswich and Edinburgh are in for him as well but prob be a belle Vue asset

Birks has been spoken to but he won't want just EL unless we pay him well I suppose

Well if they don't get Manzares or Birks they're going to be after Sitera then!

Somebody had better tell the Americans. :shock: :shock:

They are a bit sensitive about that sort of thing. :shock:;)

I live in the US and most of them haven't a clue that there is a world beyond the Eastern Seaboard. Remember that the domestic baseball awards the "World Series" trophy. :lol: Nice people though. :t: Regards. Alan.

Andersen and Havelock? Havelock has accused Andersen of depriving Rico's kids of a World Cip winners medal to remember their father by. And now he is going to manage him?

Did Havelock really say that because if I was Hans I wouldn't want to be near him if true?.

The stumbling block with Gino is he wants PL. think Ipswich and Edinburgh are in for him as well but prob be a belle Vue asset

Birks has been spoken to but he won't want just EL unless we pay him well I suppose[/quote

Ashley would be mad to ride just in the EL & that shows how certain young British riders have been let down again.

• Like 1

I live in the US and most of them haven't a clue that there is a world beyond the Eastern Seaboard. Remember that the domestic baseball awards the "World Series" trophy. :lol: Nice people though. :t: Regards. Alan.

They are very nice people Alan - but - they are passionately independent. They remember the Founding Fathers, The War of Independence (from Great Britain) and the War of 1812.

I don't think they would believe being accused of belonging to our Commonwealth was a compliment. :shock: :shock:

Best

Ian.

ISN'T it called the "World Series" because it was initially sponsored by the World newspaper?

Agree with you though about how insular Americans are generally. Even their "World" news rarely includes anything happening outside the States and then only if there are Americans involved.

All the more reason why we should applaud those who have crossed the pond to race in the UK and Europe and added so much to speedway over the past few decades.

• Like 3

Heard that Howarth is not going to ride for Poole(to far to travel every week) so could Belle vue go all English.It seems to be a major part of their team building plans so far.

King 7 46

You can scrub King, he is back at Brum.

Birks has been spoken to but he won't want just EL unless we pay him well I suppose

You can no longer sign a foreign rider and loan them out straight away. If he is not used he is a free agent still and Gino will be Premier League so can't even double up.

• Like 2

Wonder if Redcar might fancy another American, could see us having an interestin him. Chris Kerr was such a success and our track could suit.

Wonder if Redcar might fancy another American, could see us having an interestin him. Chris Kerr was such a success and our track could suit.

I'd love to think that he would return. I enjoyed watching him ride. :t::approve:

with America being in the commenwealth then im assuming he will come in on a 3

I think you'll find that the Declaration of Independence in 1776 forestalled the USA's future membership of the Commonwealth. The rule is actually for Commonwealth riders and an annual maximum of 4 from the USA.

Not till Wednesday or thursday

If Aces are thinking of bringing Matej Zagar back then they would only have 3.18 left for the last rider. Would they be hoping Ashley Birks 3.06 is going to be fit or is there a plan to use a PL rider (upto 5.30) to double up ?

With Patrik Hougaard as an asset and (possibly) Ricky Wells always good around Kirky Lane then that would be a more solid line up

If Aces are thinking of bringing Matej Zagar back then they would only have 3.18 left for the last rider. Would they be hoping Ashley Birks 3.06 is going to be fit or is there a plan to use a PL rider (upto 5.30) to double up ?

With Patrik Hougaard as an asset and (possibly) Ricky Wells always good around Kirky Lane then that would be a more solid line up

Zagar will be here so forget paddy and wells.

With the top boys facing each other a lot then Zagar and a 3 pointerbisbthe way I would have gone to. Need a big hitter.

As for birks. We need a rider to do full time EL. birks won't do that. He wants PL to.

Personally I want manzares but think we will get one of sowka or sitera.

Not to bothered who the 5th rider is because they will struggle whoever the rider is