British Speedway Forum

Very, very unlikely that Zagar and several others of similar stature wil be engaged by British teams in 2014. From among the crop of "top" riders I will guess that only Australians (but not all of them) and the top Brits (and that will include Cookie) will ride for British teams. What Woffy does is going to be interesting. The probable pay rates and team average limits would be likely to prevent him, but it's also unthinkable for him to not be racing in the UK league.

Number one riders in next years "top league" are likely to be mostly those with 7-8 averages from this season - guys like King, Schlein, Doyle, Cook, Harris will be the no.1's

Very nearly spot on but there will be a few that will be tempted to stay and Zagar has let it be known that not only is he quite happy at Belle Vue but feels that riding in Britain again has helped him in the GP's. As for Tai, you can almost certainly mark Wolves 2014 down as Tai Woffinden, Ty Proctor, Ricky Wells and Jacob Thorssell as definates with Nicolai Klindt, Ludvig Lindgren, Adam Skornicki, Sam Masters and Ashley Morris on the short list for the other places. Sadly I think Freddie will be elsewhere as any team will be lucky to have one big name let alone two and Tai is now the #1 name for Wolves.

Leicester likely to move up (KK linked to be #1) and maybe one more team so Craig Cook would most likely be back at Belle Vue unless Edinburgh move up and with Richie Worrall an asset they would be crazy to let him go elsewhere on loan while Kevin Wolbert has done a decent job for Aces so far and would form a decent top four if the limit is lowered to something in the 30's.

1 = Matej Zagar

2 = Ales Dryml

3 = Kevin Wolbert

4 = Richie Worrall

5 = Craig Cook

6 = ............... 3.00

7 = Max Fricke

Somewhere around 37 points and cant see the limit being much more, so give or take a few this should be about the strength of teams next season

Very nearly spot on but there will be a few that will be tempted to stay and Zagar has let it be known that not only is he quite happy at Belle Vue but feels that riding in Britain again has helped him in the GP's. As for Tai, you can almost certainly mark Wolves 2014 down as Tai Woffinden, Ty Proctor, Ricky Wells and Jacob Thorssell as definates with Nicolai Klindt, Ludvig Lindgren, Adam Skornicki, Sam Masters and Ashley Morris on the short list for the other places. Sadly I think Freddie will be elsewhere as any team will be lucky to have one big name let alone two and Tai is now the #1 name for Wolves.

Leicester likely to move up (KK linked to be #1) and maybe one more team so Craig Cook would most likely be back at Belle Vue unless Edinburgh move up and with Richie Worrall an asset they would be crazy to let him go elsewhere on loan while Kevin Wolbert has done a decent job for Aces so far and would form a decent top four if the limit is lowered to something in the 30's.

1 = Matej Zagar

2 = Ales Dryml

3 = Kevin Wolbert

4 = Richie Worrall

5 = Craig Cook

6 = ............... 3.00

7 = Max Fricke

Somewhere around 37 points and cant see the limit being much more, so give or take a few this should be about the strength of teams next season

I'd happily take that team but please not Ales would much prefer Kyle Howorth , with the 3 pointer being a mandatory young brit.

Edited by hyderd

Even British promoters aren't that stupid. Are they?

• Like 1

Even British promoters aren't that stupid. Are they?

That must be a rhetorical question, given how they have run the sport over the past 15 years or so.

• Like 1

I think that watering the product down too much will be even more nails in speedway's coffin...driving the likes of Zagar out will hardly get fans flocking to the stadium and I am sure prices wouldn't drop accordingly

I appreciate tracks are struggling but some of the points limits and projected teams are ridiculous and will drive fans away rather than enticing them back.....and the league would do nothing for developing British talent as they would be riding with a false sense of security

• Like 2

Ah, but only 'pencilled in'. Pencil rubs out easily.

Doesn't have to be written down anyway does it, just common knowledge at some point when required!

Edited by Crump99

my monies on zetterstrom goin bk to poole on his well achieved 4.98 fake average , when will teams learn not to loan a poole rider ....

my monies on zetterstrom goin bk to poole on his well achieved 4.98 fake average , when will teams learn not to loan a poole rider ....

Edited by Long Eye

Leicester likely to move up (KK linked to be #1)

What have Leicester doen to deserve him trundling home 3rd ? :blink:

• Like 1

What have Leicester doen to deserve him trundling home 3rd ? :blink:

I pity them already. The World class EL flop heat leader :-)

please no!
  • Like 1

Cookie will be back reading speedway star.

At least we will have at least 1 decent rider we want

This is where the doubling up rule needs to be changed.

Think that there should be a maximum premier league average for double uppers thus ruling out the like of Cook and Worrall to name but two.

Pick 1 league and ride there. Do a Stonehewer or Sean Wilson and be a big fish in a small pond or go full time elite.

• Like 1