British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

I wondered that too!

PS..Where's your picture gone.. :nono:

Prefer one of Kildemand for now but it will come back. :wink:

• Like 1

I suggest you take a read back at the GP thread this time last season and see how often Tai was slated as the weak link of a strong line up.

So yes, this is exactly the same situation regards there possibility of success.

That has nothing to do who is rated higher but please don't kid yourself that the thinking behind some making assumptions is any different.

Nobody gave Tai any credit other than being the British pick, the rest is history.

Harris may well have been `unlucky` on the day. The same argument can be said of Emil being `unlucky` to get injured when he was the only other serious challenger to Tai in the GP`s.

Hardly any have given Martin any credit for 1)qualifying all the way to the race off 2)having a superb season and improving his form and status in the World rankings 3)even to have missed out on 3rd place to Harris and being 1st reserve would have been a huge achievement in itself! and 4) qualifying of right on the day.

I, along with it seems many others, feel that Smolinski will struggle in the GP`s next season. Time will tell on that as nothing is certain.

However he has huge respect from me for qualify as of right in the first place.

There is no doubt he is a good rider and had a good season only tarnished by his performances in the play offs but if you look objectively at the riders in the gp's, they are all better than him, if you look at the qualifier they were many riders who you would want in the gp's above Smolinski or Harris.

Tai may have been lucky with Emil injured but Tai himself was injured for a number of weeks so it balances out. There were not many people, myself included who thought what Tai achieved was possible but the seemingly impossible happens sometimes but Smolinski being in the top eight would be a miracle and me winning a million quid on the lottery is more likely.

There is no doubt he is a good rider and had a good season only tarnished by his performances in the play offs but if you look objectively at the riders in the gp's, they are all better than him, if you look at the qualifier they were many riders who you would want in the gp's above Smolinski or Harris.

Tai may have been lucky with Emil injured but Tai himself was injured for a number of weeks so it balances out. There were not many people, myself included who thought what Tai achieved was possible but the seemingly impossible happens sometimes but Smolinski being in the top eight would be a miracle and me winning a million quid on the lottery is more likely.

Pretty much on the same hymn sheet now. I have already looked at the current list (subject to SEC fall out!) and it looks like Smolinski is very much the rider that looks the weak link. The impossible CAN and HAS happened already. Seems a good chance for you on the lottery then ;-)

C'mon Mick how about a huge Christmas bonus for all us Coventry fans, otherwise known as the announcement that Havelock has been given the flick and is now free to go and play nicely with the rest of his cronies at Poole.

• Like 6

Still hoping, especially now his number 1 fan Adam Roynon is no longer in the team. I definitely think Mick should go for the full house - completely new 1-7 (already done and appreciated thank you) and a different team manager. Phil. Morris would be nice please. :wink: I'm beginning to wonder if Havelock was signed on a 5 year contract or something because it just doesn't make sense to keep a manager who isn't popular with the fans, whose team finished bottom of the league and by all accounts isn't very good at motivation. :neutral:

• Like 3

Still hoping, especially now his number 1 fan Adam Roynon is no longer in the team. I definitely think Mick should go for the full house - completely new 1-7 (already done and appreciated thank you) and a different team manager. Phil. Morris would be nice please. :wink: I'm beginning to wonder if Havelock was signed on a 5 year contract or something because it just doesn't make sense to keep a manager who isn't popular with the fans, whose team finished bottom of the league and by all accounts isn't very good at motivation. :neutral:

To be fair to Havvy you could have had God at the helm last year and still finished bottom.

• Like 1

To be fair to Havvy you could have had God at the helm last year and still finished bottom.

Yeah but we got judas

C'mon Mick how about a huge Christmas bonus for all us Coventry fans, otherwise known as the announcement that Havelock has been given the flick and is now free to go and play nicely with the rest of his cronies at Poole.

. . . . and send Mr York off with him - please!

. . . . and send Mr York off with him - please!

I think we are stuck with both i am afraid.

Think we`re waiting for Havvy`s contract to expire before announcing the new Team Manager...

I might not be alive in 5 years time. :D Surely a contract runs from March to October?

• Like 1

I've just accepted that Havvy will be the manager and if that does change it will be a bonus. He has had a year in the job so no excuses from him now and he has to get it into his head he is Coventry Bees manager. That should be his priority not what goes on at Poole.

He's gone extremely quiet on twitter - no mention of welcoming our new signings to the club and how he is looking forward to next season?!

Havvy's on BikerFM tonight, talking about Bomber - amongst other things!!

Not sure if he's in the studio or on the phone from his Poole holiday home??!! :rofl::D

Edited by Skidder1

That will be his Poole holiday home then. :wink: