British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

What's happened to David Hammond then? :unsure: I liked him.

• Like 1

What's happened to David Hammond then? :unsure: I liked him.

Announcer named as Gordon Camwell on the Bees site.

I see we have a new announcer's name on the club website - Gordon Camwell

Blayne is included as Operations Manager

Unfortunately, as yet, there are no changes to the names of the team manager and the presenter

Mobile disco eh? Not sure if that'll go down a Storm? :wink:

http://cms.ems-internet.co.uk/34357/home

So Havelock expects Hans to achieve a 9.60 average - just about sums him up really.

According to many there were no problems with morale and team spirit last year, with even a rider coming to Havvy's defence. Howeer there a few quotes from Havelock which suggest the opposite to what we were told.

Lets hope that Havelock has learned from last year in terms of team morale etc but lets also hope that he has learned when to switch riders in races etc as there were too many times last year when struggling riders were given too many rides at the expense of a reserve who might have picked up points...

So Havelock expects Hans to achieve a 9.60 average - just about sums him up really.

TBF he did that for Swindon until he started having problems (bans and suggestions of non-payment). With no Lindgren or Holder his average can go up a little more. Then add in that as manager it's his job to talk his riders up it's not an unfair statement.

Plus don't forget it's Havvy, he's not exactly a clever guy.

TBF he did that for Swindon until he started having problems (bans and suggestions of non-payment). With no Lindgren or Holder his average can go up a little more. Then add in that as manager it's his job to talk his riders up it's not an unfair statement.

Plus don't forget it's Havvy, he's not exactly a clever guy.

Hans did do well, but looking at the suggested new ride line ups for 2014, it seems that the number 1 rider will have more rides against other number 1s and heat leaders this year so even though a couple of top riders are not riding it is likely to be more difficult for number 1 riders to keep or up their averages.

Hans did do well, but looking at the suggested new ride line ups for 2014, it seems that the number 1 rider will have more rides against other number 1s and heat leaders this year so even though a couple of top riders are not riding it is likely to be more difficult for number 1 riders to keep or up their averages.

tbf, Hans would have rode against he oppositions number 1 3 times last season so no different now.

Will depend on how the refs let riders get away with rolling at the start as Hans is the worst I've seen closely followed by Craig Cook.

Think he will be there all there about's though.

Will depend on how the refs let riders get away with rolling at the start as Hans is the worst I've seen closely followed by Craig Cook.

Think he will be there all there about's though.

He's got away with it for years now so nothing will change there.

tbf, Hans would have rode against he oppositions number 1 3 times last season so no different now.

Including heat 15 most likely yes but apart from heat 13 a number 1 would meet the opposition heat leaders with a second string or reserve, now it seems that a number 1 will have more races with another heat leader on the same side than was ridden last year. So with more races with their own number 3 and 5 against the opposition 1,3 and 5 this may reduce the potential points scored.

We will have to wait to get confirmation of the heat line ups.

Including heat 15 most likely yes but apart from heat 13 a number 1 would meet the opposition heat leaders with a second string or reserve, now it seems that a number 1 will have more races with another heat leader on the same side than was ridden last year. So with more races with their own number 3 and 5 against the opposition 1,3 and 5 this may reduce the potential points scored.

We will have to wait to get confirmation of the heat line ups.

I agree it will be harder and I would expect most heatleaders to have a tougher time of things but a break down on Hans average by heat suggests he fared no worse in 13 and 15 than he did in other heats so it looks like who he is riding against makes very little difference. Same with Bjarne Pedersen. Must be a Danish thing.

According to many there were no problems with morale and team spirit last year, with even a rider coming to Havvy's defence. However there a few quotes from Havelock which suggest the opposite to what we were told.

Lets hope that Havelock has learned from last year in terms of team morale etc but lets also hope that he has learned when to switch riders in races etc as there were too many times last year when struggling riders were given too many rides at the expense of a reserve who might have picked up points...

Quoted from Gary's statement on the Bees website.......“Looking back over last season which I still enjoyed, I can say I’ve learned a lot about what’s needed. Hopefully this year I’ll be able to put right anything that I did wrong, and I’m really positive about the new season.”

So let's hope as well as the things Sir Jasper has mentioned that he has also learned to keep his gob shut about anything to do with Poole because he is supposed to be Coventry's team manager. If he wants to praise them do it via a private message to Matt Ford rather than on Twitter because strangely enough we are not amused.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Quoted from Gary's statement on the Bees website.......“Looking back over last season which I still enjoyed, I can say I’ve learned a lot about what’s needed. Hopefully this year I’ll be able to put right anything that I did wrong, and I’m really positive about the new season.”

So let's hope as well as the things Sir Jasper has mentioned that he has also learned to keep his gob shut about anything to do with Poole because he is supposed to be Coventry's team manager. If he wants to praise them do it via a private message to Matt Ford rather than on Twitter because strangely enough we are not amused.

Can't see him stopping praising Poole when they're letting him have his farewell meeting there.