British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

Ryan is still scoring well for the Panthers so not sure why his form has dipped for the Bees. Any thoughts?

.....'cos he's up against better riders?? :P

• Like 2

Yes. Its because he is racing in a heat leader spot, where you would expect him to score 3-4 a meeting.

• Like 1

.....'cos he's up against better riders?? :P

Read the question clever clogs! ;) His form has dipped considerably in the EL so he was originally riding well against 'better' riders!!

• Like 1

What did he average in the meetings he rode as secomd string? Averaging 7 from there I would say is equal to averaging 4 as a hest leader. Has his form really chsnged thst much?

it has to be done , theres no room for sentiment , ryan would not be out of the EL for very long , leicester or brum would snap him up in a blink.....

• Like 1

Think it will be difficult for Mick to ditch Fish especially as he had a whip round for him and then theres the fans who dug deep into their pockets, don`t think they would be too pleased !! But its true if Mick wants to be a hero at the end of the season he has to follow in the footsteps of the Roscoe`s and Fords of this world and be a bit ruthless.....Its always difficult to ditch a rider, its his livelihood your taking away.

If Mick Horton can't bring himself to speak to RF he could always send him a text message :D

• Like 1

If Mick Horton can't bring himself to speak to RF he could always send him a text message :D

Well yes, thats the tried and proven way to do it, its worked before, it seems to work well at Poole.

Well yes, thats the tried and proven way to do it, its worked before, it seems to work well at Poole.

and with Colin Pratt, I think too..

• Like 1

All this talk of ousting ryan must be very unsettling for him and rather insensitive don't you think!

How about Linus sundstrom.

• Like 1

If Larsen fits, then we have too bring him in because simply put he is a better rider than Fisher, I know its seems harsh but the opportunity is to good to miss.

Edited by BrandonBomber
  • Like 5

I said it before and I say it again - it was the Janniro influence that ruined Ryan Fisher.

He came to Coventry initially as a JAWA works rider and to be honest had the world at his mercy.

To me at the time he appeared to be the "real deal" to coin a phrase, with him being much better than the crop of American

Riders that we hitting our shores at that time or since those we were so used too.

I have been critical of Ryan of late, but also very full of praise for the guy in the early part of the season.

Like most riders they go through a bad patch during the season and for Mr Fisher it is right now.

He is an absolute trier 100 % of the time, perhaps trying too hard at times ! He going through absolute hell at the

moment too with his family life ( hand on heart, how many other people would not be affected by the plight of not seeing their spouse and kids, who he has shown loves and misses SO much)

He has the ability and talent, but just lacking confidence at the moment for which I must admit as being an hypocrite as I have given him stick on this site.

Over my many years as being a Coventry supporter, apart from the obvious Ole Olsen, to me the riders who are memorable include Gary Gugliemi. Mitch Shirra and although not in that same bracket as yet, Ryan will be one as well.

I appreciate that Kenni Larsen is in the wings and could potentially do a good job, but just look at he riders he is beating in the Danish league - no idea who the hell they are - not names recognised by most of the uk viewing speedway public.

• Like 1

heres an idea........peterboro bring in mjj , so that he can then get a decent average to join the bees next yr?

heres an idea........peterboro bring in mjj , so that he can then get a decent average to join the bees next yr?

The Panthers are not a feeder club for the Bee's.

The Panthers are not a feeder club for the Bee's.

Andersen, Harris and Hansen were trained up at Peterborough before Coventry signed them up, Fisher has spent 2 season there now. You're training up 2 Bees assets in reserve. Looks to me like the Panthers are the Bees feeder club :D

Andersen, Harris and Hansen were trained up at Peterborough before Coventry signed them up, Fisher has spent 2 season there now. You're training up 2 Bees assets in reserve. Looks to me like the Panthers are the Bees feeder club :D

True ..didn't Bager also ride after training up at the Panthers ? Larsen ,who the Bees fans seem to want was sent to Pboro to sharpen himself up for his return home ! Linus possibly could have been a Bee if things had not have conspired against him after that very short spell at Brandon ! So SCB looks like the facts don't lie ...KKS/MMJ/LGF ................ you have to admit your wrong this time ..

PS MJJ a Bee one day NEVER RULE THAT OUT !!!

• Like 1