British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

i think that all SCB is pointing out is that no one is forcing the guys to do this, so they have to take all that goes with it.

iit a bit like teachers complaining about having to mark home work......

oh hang on thats not a good example!

• Like 1

Team must include Chris Harris as he is bound to up his average from 6.8, whilst unlikely would love to see Greg Hancock to. He is a great bloke who is great for the sport. Have actually found myself cheering Poole as a second team because of him. Also lets hope Ben Barker is up for returning, 100% trier and can't ask for more than that.

Team must include Chris Harris as he is bound to up his average from 6.8, whilst unlikely would love to see Greg Hancock to. He is a great bloke who is great for the sport. Have actually found myself cheering Poole as a second team because of him. Also lets hope Ben Barker is up for returning, 100% trier and can't ask for more than that.

The only way anyone will get Greg in the UK is if the fixture list is cut to around 15/16 meetings only! (as stated in the Daily Echo interview yesterday!)

Harris is nailed on for the Panthers if they ride Elite League next season..

• Like 4

The only way anyone will get Greg in the UK is if the fixture list is cut to around 15/16 meetings only! (as stated in the Daily Echo interview yesterday!)

Or if no others European leagues run. :P

Edited by stevebrum

would love to see Harris, Nicholls, Zengota and Kozza with the bees next year

riders I hope will not be with the bees are : Barker, Morris, Robbo, Kasprzak, Kennett

guess its goodbye Greg then as promotors are looking at lowering the point limit and increasing the amount of meetings.

season is too short as it is without halving it!

• Like 1

Riders id like for 2014

Harris

Sundstrom

Kylmakorpi

Larsen

Zengota

Fisher

Ljung

Hansen

Bellego

Szczepaniak

K. Smith

Garrity

Kerr

A half decent number one would be nice too

Edited by woz01

That doesn't matter with some Coventry fans because everything is all Mick Horton's fault, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Badger's 2014 team that's going to do better than the last two.

Er, he did pick the team and appoint Gary Havelock as team manager. Incidentally will Havvy be there on Sunday given Fisher is in the team. Ps Can we have Ryan in the 2014 team, if it's a glorified PL+ set up next year.

Riders id like for 2014

Harris

Sundstrom

Kylmakorpi

Larsen

Zengota

Fisher

Ljung

Hansen

Bellego

Szczepaniak

K. Smith

Garrity

Kerr

A half decent number one would be nice too

I thought it was 7 riders in a team think u may struggle to get a few Kozza will be at Lynn Kerr have to ask Lynn Garrity might ride for Belle Vue Ljung i dont think will come over unless its good money.

Yes we all know he picked the team but he is not Mystic Meg and wouldn't have known that most were going to perform lower than their averages. I was quite happy with the signings at the beginning of the season, apart from Joe Screen and Gary Havelock. Joe didn't last long and hopefully there will be a different team manager in 2014.

• Like 3

I don't honestly think it would have taken Mystic Meg or any other psychic to twig that the team was going nowhere from the off. Nicholls belonged to another (golden) era for Bees and it never felt quite right to have him back, Kasprzak was unproved as a No1 and flaked from the start. Zengota was a risk as a third heat leader coming back from a big injury, but performed creditably at home; his weakness was on many of the away tracks. The much needed engine room stability that a Kenni Larsen type might have provided was sorely missing in middle order and instead we were given two Bees at the end of their careers who rode for us in the last decade, Summers was mercurial and couldn't be relied on. Roynon was a huge risk with his fitness doubt and so it proved. The two Panik brothers? At least one of them made an effort, though failing to match the potential shown from the year before.

And the team manager, well what can you say other than that I've never known such an unpopular one in all the years I've been supporting.

What was really missing was proper racers to provide some spark and excitement..for that we had to wait for the likes of Kylmakorpi to visit. And the away matches were just embarrassing, and a total waste of petrol money, time after time.

In short, thank gold it's over!

• Like 4

I don't honestly think it would have taken Mystic Meg or any other psychic to twig that the team was going nowhere from the off. Nicholls belonged to another (golden) era for Bees and it never felt quite right to have him back, Kasprzak was unproved as a No1 and flaked from the start. Zengota was a risk as a third heat leader coming back from a big injury, but performed creditably at home; his weakness was on many of the away tracks. The much needed engine room stability that a Kenni Larsen type might have provided was sorely missing in middle order and instead we were given two Bees at the end of their careers who rode for us in the last decade, Summers was mercurial and couldn't be relied on. Roynon was a huge risk with his fitness doubt and so it proved. The two Panik brothers? At least one of them made an effort, though failing to match the potential shown from the year before.

And the team manager, well what can you say other than that I've never known such an unpopular one in all the years I've been supporting.

What was really missing was proper racers to provide some spark and excitement..for that we had to wait for the likes of Kylmakorpi to visit. And the away matches were just embarrassing, and a total waste of petrol money, time after time.

In short, thank gold it's over!

Who would you have in the team next year. Would you keep Zengi and bring Larsen back maybe?

Honestly, I wouldn't know where to start, cos it needs a total rebuild, including the manager.. :blink: I have absolutely zero faith in him and it appears I'm not alone!!

• Like 4

Who would you have in the team next year. Would you keep Zengi and bring Larsen back maybe?

Honestly, I wouldn't know where to start, cos it needs a total rebuild, including the manager.. :blink: I have absolutely zero faith in him and it appears I'm not alone!!

I'd rather not speculate or make choices until we know the make up of the league and the points limit. I would hope the team manager will be history very soon, preferably before the weekend!

Er, he did pick the team and appoint Gary Havelock as team manager. Incidentally will Havvy be there on Sunday given Fisher is in the team. Ps Can we have Ryan in the 2014 team, if it's a glorified PL+ set up next year.

Please enlighten me about the havelock / fisher scenario - missed all that.

Like you, think would be great for Ryan back in 2014, and if that means no gary havelock, then so what

there are more "fish" in the sea.

As for Sunday, if all the suggested riders turn up, then looks a great line up - having no real interest

Initially, I am a defo for going along. Just watch Krzysztof go !!!! Should be a close scoring meeting.

Congrats to mr Horton and mr Watson - hope it pays dividends to you both