British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

No doubt it'll come down to the £'s in the end but I'd imagine every EL side is after him to ride in their top five.

Edited by Bagpuss

No doubt it'll come down to the £'s in the end but I'd imagine every EL side is after him to ride in their top five.

In the top 5 , really?? Sign as an asset maybe but not to ride in the top 5.

Why not? He's going to have the beating of nearly all of the reserves and he'll allow 29 points for a top four.

You've got Howarth anyway!!! If the rumours (and the tapping-up fine!?) are true?!! :t:

COVENTRY have swooped to sign fast-rising teenager Kyle Howarth to complete their top five for next season.

The 19-year-old from Greater Manchester joins the Buildbase Bees after spells in the Elite League with Poole and Swindon in 2013.

He became a Workington asset in a recent switch from Poole and will be racing for the Comets in the Premier League whilst doubling-up with the Bees in the top flight.

Howarth is widely regarded as one of Great Britain’s best emerging talents, and it was a major surprise when he was released by the Pirates as part of their raft of mid-season changes last season.

However, he continued to show rapid improvement during his time with Swindon, averaging 5.14 from his 13 matches in Robins colours – and, most strikingly, his away-match average was over six.

He also made a highly impressive guest appearance for the Bees in their final Elite League fixture of 2013, scoring paid-11 against King’s Lynn.

Promoter Mick Horton said: “There’s no doubt that Kyle is one of the most sought-after youngsters in the sport, and we’re delighted to have signed him.

“Poole had originally announced he would be in their team but he hadn’t signed a contract with them, and it became very apparent when he spoke to me that he wanted to join Coventry.

“We had no hesitation in making a move for him, we’re delighted to have him and I’m very pleased with our top five overall – it looks very strong.”

Howarth joins Hans Andersen, Chris Harris, Ryan Fisher and Kenneth Hansen in the Coventry top five, with the reserves to come from the list of draft riders circulated last week. Each club will include two British youngsters in those positions, and selections will take place on Tuesday.

• Like 6

COVENTRY have swooped to sign fast-rising teenager Kyle Howarth to complete their top five for next season.

The 19-year-old from Greater Manchester joins the Buildbase Bees after spells in the Elite League with Poole and Swindon in 2013.

He became a Workington asset in a recent switch from Poole and will be racing for the Comets in the Premier League whilst doubling-up with the Bees in the top flight.

Howarth is widely regarded as one of Great Britains best emerging talents, and it was a major surprise when he was released by the Pirates as part of their raft of mid-season changes last season.

However, he continued to show rapid improvement during his time with Swindon, averaging 5.14 from his 13 matches in Robins colours and, most strikingly, his away-match average was over six.

He also made a highly impressive guest appearance for the Bees in their final Elite League fixture of 2013, scoring paid-11 against Kings Lynn.

Promoter Mick Horton said: Theres no doubt that Kyle is one of the most sought-after youngsters in the sport, and were delighted to have signed him.

Poole had originally announced he would be in their team but he hadnt signed a contract with them, and it became very apparent when he spoke to me that he wanted to join Coventry.

We had no hesitation in making a move for him, were delighted to have him and Im very pleased with our top five overall it looks very strong.

Howarth joins Hans Andersen, Chris Harris, Ryan Fisher and Kenneth Hansen in the Coventry top five, with the reserves to come from the list of draft riders circulated last week. Each club will include two British youngsters in those positions, and selections will take place on Tuesday.

Wow I didn't expect that, great signing for the Bees.

wow yes i think its fair to say we mean business this year, all those poole fans moaning about being tapped up!

they dont like it up em captain mannering!

• Like 1

Add in Garrity amd this is a very good side. How long until theres a rule change to prevent it

• Like 1

Very impressive surprise signing.

Credit to Horton for putting together a strong top 5, I really hope they all ride to their potential as all very good riders esp at Brandon. :)