British Speedway Forum

LUNCH time Friday I've been told.. Obviously I don't know for sure, but in my opinion SKY are back. They've certainly negotiated, that much is true.

We must now wait for good news today (Friday) on the BSPA site - or possibly through one of the SKY websites. Let's hope we will be able to have an enjoyable lunch. It's Friday - fish 'n chips for many I guess?

my local fish 'n chips shop only cooks fish on fridays and saturdays these days. No demand other days. Lots of sausages cos they're much cheaper.

Edited by Mike.Butler

Tesco to sponsor the tac with the double clubcard points tag line!

British Gas -heat leaders.

Tampon secure range - second strings.

Made my day reading that one!! :lol::lol: ...tbh though in all seriousness all I would like is for this fantastic sport that I have followed for years (and its makes me grimace at some of the rules etc) is to pull itself out of the doldrums, cop itself on as regards the promoting of the sport ( by actually doing some!!) and capitalise on Tai's achievement. Saddened that he didnt get into the final 10 for SPoTY but speedway did get a mention on 'The One Show' that night as there was a clip on Sheffields Local tv station back in the 70s (but theres that world again!!! the 70s) we need to 'live' in the modern times. Read lately that Valentino Rossi would love a go at speedway and I think if we can encourage working together with other 2 wheelers it could be good for us all. John McG, Si Andrews to name just a few LOVE speedway. 2 wheeled sport in general failed to get into SPoTY for years but a bit of collaboration could pay dividends.

Would love sky to be back as its the only chance I get to see a few meetings (except I do get to Cardiff and Somerset a few times yearly :) )

Edited by emerald tyke

Still waiting.................zzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Well you know how these corporate lunches are.....!
  • Like 1

Any news yet?

No. :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

LUNCH time Friday I've been told.. Obviously I don't know for sure, but in my opinion SKY are back. They've certainly negotiated, that much is true.

There's probably another site where the information I need may be posted! In the interim I looked on the BSPA site a few minutes ago and I could not see anything there in regard to a new deal with SKY. Let's keep our fingers crossed that a new deal has been finalised.

Edited by Guest

BE patient...

Speedway fans with Internet...No chance of that :rofl:

• Like 4

It was drummed into me at an early age that "everything comes to he who waits." Alas patience, especially on this forum at times, no longer appears to exist! :rolleyes::wink:

• Like 2

Well, its zero hour + around 24, have I missed it? Is it announced somewhere else? Or has the info been PM'D to the chosen few????

Ref TV rights 2014......?

Well, its zero hour + around 24, have I missed it? Is it announced somewhere else? Or has the info been PM'D to the chosen few????

Are you worried?

I'm not. If it happens it happens - if it doesn't it doesn't.

We must just be patient.

Plus it's the weekend. Wait until Monday FFS.

Plus it's the weekend. Wait until Monday FFS.

(FFS) No need to swear!! Its the first time I've posted since someone posted that the "news" would be announced Friday lunchtime!!

And as it happens, the sooner I know, the better it is for me.. I am involved in some small way, and a TV deal WILL actually effect my job.... So the sooner I know, the better so I can plan ahead accordingly...

• Like 1