British Speedway Forum

Oh dear British Speedway promotors drop themselves in it again and annoy their broadcast partner just days after agreeing a new deal. I can tell you this slip up has not gone down well at Sky sports as they were not ready to announce the deal today as wanted to produce proper press releases and create some spin. The plan was to feature the deal on Sky sports news and a couple of rider interviews likely to have been Woofy and Nicholls. Nevermind it's done now

Oh dear British Speedway promotors drop themselves in it again and annoy their broadcast partner just days after agreeing a new deal. I can tell you this slip up has not gone down well at Sky sports as they were not ready to announce the deal today as wanted to produce proper press releases and create some spin. The plan was to feature the deal on Sky sports news and a couple of rider interviews likely to have been Woofy and Nicholls. Nevermind it's done now

Not promoters.

Promoter.

Matt Ford.

• Like 2

The 'Ronseal Speedway Elite League' sounds good.

They could do a tv ad with Tony Steele painting damp proofing on the Belle Vue track and Red Tel painting the kerb orange, whilst Big Ron reassures us that " It does exactly what it says on the tin".

Edited by pugwash
  • Like 1

Hardly going to spoil their evening though.. Oh blast those darn peasants at BSPA blabbing their silly mouths, we could've dressed this up nicely and duped those silly fools into thinking they owe RM their gratitude and we'll all get juicy bonuses.

Not promoters.

Promoter.

Matt Ford.

Massive .......... on a big ego trip. You can fill in the blanks. Prize for the best 1 is tba.

Edited by West Row misfit

Richard Branson was going to be the sponsor.

It was going to be the Virgin Elite League.....but with Matt Ford around it was only a matter of time until there was a cock up.

• Like 2

Are you suggesting anything to do with Mr Ford and we're looking at the new `ALWAYS SANITARY TOWEL` Elite league???

Pot kettle black! You've spoiled more announcements than any other poster, the sooner Rory bangs your cork in with a Mallet the better.

Edited by Byker Biker

I think some of the brands mentioned on here for sponsors are very funny but think it may all be PIE in the Sky if rumours I have been hearing are correct.

Edited by flagrag

Difference between Bordeaux and Claret..... none

Difference between Bordeaux and Clairet.... lots

Eurosport definitely make a better Claret.

I think some of the brands mentioned on here for sponsors are very funny but think it may all be PIE in the Sky

I know something you don't know.

Can only be one sponsor of the Elite League .... FORD :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Durex and those L Ron Hubbard books (Dianetics or something).

Does anyone know what colour Helmet Covers they wore when Durex were Sponsors? :shock::P

..................... and - did they have a Black and White one - for DOUBLE POINTS - of course. :shock::P

:oops:

Does anyone know what colour Helmet Covers they wore when Durex were Sponsors? :shock::P

..................... and - did they have a Black and White one - for DOUBLE POINTS - of course. :shock::P

:oops:

Breaking the tapes carried a harsh penalty.