British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

But perhaps Matt is the innocent party here and Coventry should be blasted for reverting to their old cheating ways. Poole are the innocent party here but I guess it's all OK because It's against us. If it had been the other way around a thread would have run to 40 pages.

Big double standards by some posters on here.

Classic comedy post of the day.

• Like 2

But perhaps Matt is the innocent party here and Coventry should be blasted for reverting to their old cheating ways. Poole are the innocent party here but I guess it's all OK because It's against us. If it had been the other way around a thread would have run to 40 pages.

Will make no difference in the scheme of things because Poole will still have a great lineup come March.

Over 27,000 posts - any sense of truth, perspective and reality within them?

• Like 4

Will make no difference in the scheme of things because Poole will still have a great lineup come March.

Well that would be a first, and probably well deserved imo..

As expected, we have Kyle Newman as reserve and he is joined by Lee Smart.

Lee has done the rounds over the years and if he can get his bikes up to speed then it could turn out well for him and Poole?

On searching for some info on Lee I found this below......Lets hope he shows this form for the Pirates!

I wish them both well.

1530817.jpg?type=articleLandscapeWinner Lee Smart is flanked by David Howe and Ben Barker

THE New Year Classic produced a surprise winner for the second successive year yesterday, when Plymouth Devils’ Lee Smart lifted the trophy following an exciting final victory.

However, there was disappointment for Newport Wasps skipper Leigh Lanham, who exited the annual meeting when he could only finish third in the first semi-final.

Although Smart turned up at Queensway Meadows Stadium as the 2010 National League Riders’ champion, he was, as was defending champion Steve Boxhall a year previously, very much regarded as a dark horse for the title.

But Swindon-born Smart was a model of consistency all afternoon, positing four second-place finishes in the 12-heat qualifying competition.

And it was as a runner-up after overtaking Lanham in that first semi-final that he progressed to the four-strong final.

Smart’s task to climb to the top spot of the winners’ podium looked massive as he lined up against twice-former winners David Howe, Kevin Doolan, a previous victor at the venue of both the Prince of Wales Trophy and the Wales Open, plus Ben Barker, who came third in the 2010 event.

And when Doolan made a superb start from the gate and took Howe with him, it appeared Smart was destined for the bronze-medal position.

However, roaring down the far straight on that first lap, Smart picked up a magnificent power boost to sensationally engineer himself through the smallest of gaps to pass both Doolan and Howe. From there Smart sped away with Doolan later coming to grief, although he was able to walk away from his fall unaided.

Smart went on to take the day’s final chequered flag, much to the delight of Plymouth fans among a crowd approaching 2,500

Article continues.... http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedwaynews/8766333.Squeeze_a_breeze_for_top_man_Smart/

Edited by Poole Quay 7

What a come down for Poole fans...used to watching Holder and Hancock....now Lee Smart!!!

What a bloody state

• Like 2

What a come down for Poole fans...used to watching Holder and Hancock....now Lee Smart!!!

What a bloody state

hey, give the man a chance, while he may not be a greg hancock or a chris holder, with the right kit and team behind him he CAN be a match winner against every one of the draft riders. When he came to lynn with Birmingham one season in the pl he scored something like 13 from 5 and rode like a man possessed.The draft riders aren't there to be world beaters, they are reserves.I bet I am not the only person glad to see an end to foreign imports brought in on a ridiculous assessed average with a team built above them so they can get 7 rides and clean up. This draft rider system is at least a try to get back to what reserves SHOULD be, Relative novices,and British too.

• Like 7

What a bloody state

That's Harsh on Lee.

It's so easy to make comments about a rider before a wheel is even turned and not even give them a chance.

These guys need our support and I wish ALL the new riders that are entering this league the very best of luck.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

Well Lee Smart may not be a world beater but i am sure he will give it a good go for the pirates and we have probably one of the best reserves in kyle newman.

• Like 1

based on last years performances i wouldnt have offered smart even a nl contract for this coming season.

based on last years performances i wouldnt have offered smart even a nl contract for this coming season.

Fair enough, but what an opportunity for him and I'm sure the experienced Poole management will be supportive and make sure his equipment is in good working order.

Contrary to what some think on here - Matt ford is no mug and the signing of Lee Smart is a calculated risk that could pay off handsomely for both parties because Lee does have the talent to do well.

However, It's something of a crossroads for Lee and I'm sure he knows that. I sincerely hope he realises what an opportunity he has now got at Poole and goes out and grasps it with both hands.

Welcome Lee to the current Elite League Champions...Poole Pirates.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

Oh, im very sure Neil will get the best out of him.. And he will certainly be made to feel very welcome at Poole.

As expected, we have Kyle Newman as reserve and he is joined by Lee Smart.

Lee has done the rounds over the years and if he can get his bikes up to speed then it could turn out well for him and Poole?

On searching for some info on Lee I found this below......Lets hope he shows this form for the Pirates!

I wish them both well.

1530817.jpg?type=articleLandscapeWinner Lee Smart is flanked by David Howe and Ben Barker

THE New Year Classic produced a surprise winner for the second successive year yesterday, when Plymouth Devils’ Lee Smart lifted the trophy following an exciting final victory.

However, there was disappointment for Newport Wasps skipper Leigh Lanham, who exited the annual meeting when he could only finish third in the first semi-final.

Although Smart turned up at Queensway Meadows Stadium as the 2010 National League Riders’ champion, he was, as was defending champion Steve Boxhall a year previously, very much regarded as a dark horse for the title.

But Swindon-born Smart was a model of consistency all afternoon, positing four second-place finishes in the 12-heat qualifying competition.

And it was as a runner-up after overtaking Lanham in that first semi-final that he progressed to the four-strong final.

Smart’s task to climb to the top spot of the winners’ podium looked massive as he lined up against twice-former winners David Howe, Kevin Doolan, a previous victor at the venue of both the Prince of Wales Trophy and the Wales Open, plus Ben Barker, who came third in the 2010 event.

And when Doolan made a superb start from the gate and took Howe with him, it appeared Smart was destined for the bronze-medal position.

However, roaring down the far straight on that first lap, Smart picked up a magnificent power boost to sensationally engineer himself through the smallest of gaps to pass both Doolan and Howe. From there Smart sped away with Doolan later coming to grief, although he was able to walk away from his fall unaided.

Smart went on to take the day’s final chequered flag, much to the delight of Plymouth fans among a crowd approaching 2,500

Article continues.... http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedwaynews/8766333.Squeeze_a_breeze_for_top_man_Smart/

Good post that man. :t:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Oh, im very sure Neil will get the best out of him.. And he will certainly be made to feel very welcome at Poole.

No doubt he will down at the Churchill Arms

• Like 1

No doubt he will down at the Churchill Arms

Why?

Come come now gentlemen.

Such negativity from many about Poole's two Brits.

After all, let's not forget that they are in the safe hands of a promotion that have capably demonstrated how they forever nurture and develop home-grown talent; and a manager who truly knows how to get the very best results from British riders.

Latvians may disagree of course. ;)

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

I am very happy and excited about Lee Smarts arrival and would like to wish him all the best.