British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Someone check at see who beat each other the most when Darcy and Tai raced each other and then this debate will be put to bed! :D

The debate is already in bed. Tai is World Champion and the most consistent rider this season. Turn off the lights now. :t:

• Like 1

Its like comparing people from my other sport snooker.

Who was the better Alex Higgins or Steve Davis?

Jimmy White or Stephen Hendry?

Most would say that White and Higgins were more talented but how many times are their names in the record books?

Darcy is the most natural rider ive ever seen but at the moment facts are facts and Tai is better

Its like comparing people from my other sport snooker.

Who was the better Alex Higgins or Steve Davis?

Jimmy White or Stephen Hendry?

Most would say that White and Higgins were more talented but how many times are their names in the record books?

Darcy is the most natural rider ive ever seen but at the moment facts are facts and Tai is better

Not sure its the best analogy because most would regard Davis as boring to watch not something that could be levelled at Tai!

Not sure its the best analogy because most would regard Davis as boring to watch not something that could be levelled at Tai!

i see what you mean and no Tai isnt boring.

My point is that consistency is usually rewarded rather than natural ability.

Darcy to me is the most gifted sppedway rider i have seen since Mark Loram.

Mark couldnt gate and won 1 world title, Darcy could be similar

Does anyone know when the agm is planned.

I read somewhere that it is in the first half of Nov. Edited by A ORLOV

i see what you mean and no Tai isnt boring.

My point is that consistency is usually rewarded rather than natural ability.

Darcy to me is the most gifted sppedway rider i have seen since Mark Loram.

Mark couldnt gate and won 1 world title, Darcy could be similar

Well Higgins was my favourite but he did win two world titles but White couldn't manage one although Hendry at the top of his game was pretty much unbeatable. Like Darcy, Higgins was the sort of player who could produce magic almost at will and when his back was against the wall, that was when he was most dangerous.

Darcy is a unbelievable talent and as Boyce said the most talented rider we have ever seen but his gating is a nightmare which like Mark Loram used to, you can get away with at league level but not at gp level, obviously he is aware of it and has said he intends to make every effort to improve it and i believe he has spoken to Greg Hancock about it recently. If he can improve his gating there is no reason why he can't reach his potential.

Tai is a gutsy rider - I have watched all his GP rides and I think he is clever with it too. The number of times I have seen him overtake where (maybe) other riders wouldn't, was amazing.

Having seen Darcy ride in the UK on tv and live though, I would rate him slightly ahead, of Tai for the elite league.

Wards reflexes would improve if he decided to take a leaf out of Tai's book, and gets himself down the gym more often, & the pub less often. Would love to see a fully committed Ward in the GP next season, & think he could win it, because he has so much natural ability.

• Like 1

Both Tai and Darcy are the most talented young riders in the world at the moment and could rule for years if both could stop injury free.

Wards reflexes would improve if he decided to take a leaf out of Tai's book, and gets himself down the gym more often, & the pub less often. Would love to see a fully committed Ward in the GP next season, & think he could win it, because he has so much natural ability.

Er, Darcy doesn't go to the pub very often nowdays, he's now the New Darcy. And next season you will see the real Darcy, mark my words..

Both Tai and Darcy are the most talented young riders in the world at the moment and could rule for years if both could stop injury free.

Very true statment..

• Like 1

Probably safe to include Emil as well...

• Like 1

Probably safe to include Emil as well...

There's your forcast then. Wonder what price a bookie would give you??

Starman, I hope you are right about Darcy not going down the pub as much. The same goes for any of the other alleged bad habits he has had in the past. I admire talent whoever it is, and would love Darcy to use his undoubted talent to the maximum.