British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Is it possible if Darcy gets a short ban he could be back for the play offs?

It would be an absolute disgrace IF he was given a short ban but yes i would imagine he would be able to if that were the case.

usually the 29th!!! :D

All EL 'facilities' are at the discretion of the BSPA MC. :t:

and I'm sure in the play-offs Sky will want full 7-rider teams - even with guests.

I have no doubt Poole will be allowed the facility past the 28 days and for all the Play Off matches.

If they make that exemption then a rule change should be implemented in the close season that extends to ALL teams that cant sign a rider in time for the cut off date.

It would only be fair.

Well Done on highlighting this, I also was totally appalled by this quote - the phase "gets away with it" is in itself a total admission of guilt which should receive appropriate punishment

As a total EL neutral I have no axe to grind with Poole, MF or Darcy Ward, but you would hope the correct actions are taken and it looks like FIM will be doing this.

Best Wishes to Poole fans, you are the ones who have to endure the consequences of Ward's irresponsibility, and finally well done to Middleditch on his honest and fair assessment.

Ah but according to Skidder, we are not in possession of all the facts!!! :rolleyes: Not sure what other facts could possibly exonerate Wards actions over that SGP weekend.

• Like 4

There are that many tears falling in blue tint land that the track may well be flooded & un-ridable in the near future thus scuppering their play-off aspirations. We have been told so many times that Matt Ford in the consummate professional. If so, he should have for-seen this coming & made changes, replacing Ward who has put the club in this position with his actions!

• Like 3

Ah but according to Skidder, we are not in possession of all the facts!!! :rolleyes: Not sure what other facts could possibly exonerate Wards actions over that SGP weekend.

Look as I've said right from the beginning, I don't condone what he has done, and he has to be punished appropriately, BUT we don't yet know all the facts do we?? We don't know anything about whether there was a blood or urine test; whether the breath test equipment was calibrated etc etc.

All I'm saying is that the FIM rules allow for a punishment in these circumstances, of a fine plus a minimum of a reprimand ( maybe a slapped wrist and suspended sentence?) and a maximum of a 2 year ban.

Its quite clear what the 'anti-Ward' people want as much as its equally clear what the 'pro-Ward' fans would prefer.

Lets just wait and see.

Edited by Skidder1

Is it possible if Darcy gets a short ban he could be back for the play offs?

Highly unlikely. I doubt his hearing will even be before the end of the season
  • Like 1

There are that many tears falling in blue tint land that the track may well be flooded & un-ridable in the near future thus scuppering their play-off aspirations. We have been told so many times that Matt Ford in the consummate professional. If so, he should have for-seen this coming & made changes, replacing Ward who has put the club in this position with his actions!

There is no point replacing Ward with a substandard rider, in my opinion only Emil or KK or possibly Miedzinski would be acceptable otherwise we may as well use guests, if Swindon don't make the play offs we could use Troy.

Look as I've said right from the beginning, I don't condone what he has done, and he has to be punished appropriately, BUT we don't yet know all the facts do we?? We don't know anything about whether there was a blood or urine test; whether the breath test equipment was calibrated etc etc.

All I'm saying is that the FIM rules allow for a punishment in these circumstances, of a fine plus a minimum of a reprimand ( maybe a slapped wrist and suspended sentence?) and a maximum of a 2 year ban.

Its quite clear what the 'anti-Ward' people want as much as its equally clear what the 'pro-Ward' fans would prefer.

Lets just wait and see.

shouldnt have any bearing at all.

I dont dislike Ward i dislike Matt Ford.

But any rider caught like Darcy was deserves a ban as a minimum

What i find funny is Ford and Middlo moaning how it affects Poole.

Ford is in speedway for him and doesnt give a jot about the sport that much has always been clear.

If he had any credibility he would have sacked Ward and replsced him 2 weeks ago.

Seems the prodigal one thought he was above the sport and Ward wouldnt get what he deserved.

The Poole fans kidded themselves last year that Ward was the messiah getting Hancock. He would only ride for Poole they all said lol. he joined Poole because he got dumped in Poland. Now there is nobody for Ford to get!

Karma is such a bitch!

At least we won't get Ben Barker to help us out!!

Yes Matt was not fast enough and was beaten by Coventry :D

• Like 2

Yes Matt was not fast enough and was beaten by Coventry :D

Orlov, haven't you got a baby to feed?

MJJ is available!

guys you really should wake up about Mr Ward,

which year was it he didn't appear in the playoff final because he was drunk and got his head kicked in the night before?

which play off final was it him and his best mate performed like reserves because they were still hung over from the czech golden helmet the night before?

on drugs riding a bike in Australia

kicked out from the GP's drunk again.

obviously the rest of us find it Hilarious that you still defend him, but has done nothing but harm to your team.

i wouldn't put up with it and shame on you for defending such a poor example of a human being

• Like 1

"If they choose to ban him on Friday or Saturday, they totally screw my team and my business. That needs to be taken into consideration. You're not just affecting the rider".

"Anyone can guess what's going to happen to him, but no-one actually knows. Fingers crossed he gets away with it because obviously we need him desperately for the play-offs".

IMO, IF Mr Ford actually said this, it's almost worse than the riders' actions. Coming from someone who appears to have such influence in speedway, it almost beggars belief.

Orlov, haven't you got a baby to feed?

Hark, i can hear Baby merecat Oleg screaming for its food .. :rofl:

You should be angry with him, not disappointed. Poole Speedway will be around long after he's gone.

Much to the chagrin of many on here!! Good innit?! :D

• Like 1