British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Yeah, I have no problem with that if Barker cannot ride. I'm not talking a big difference, I'm talking something like 10%.

The point is we all want a level playing field in the play offs. Any team that wins the league ahead of Poole or King's Lynn will always know they only won because the other team was unfairly disadvantaged. But hey, if that's entertainment to you then go ahead and enjoy...

Coventry have beaten Poole with Darcy ward home and away so wouldn't have made alot of difference if he was in.

He rode in races , that's all we need to know!

He should be forced to race here too!!

Bit selective with the riders you apply that to though arent you?

Which begs the question then, WHY FB?

You are either fit enough or you aren't.

SO many riders are carrying long term injuries but i just dont see how some can choose which meetings to ride in and think its perfectly fine to miss others.

See above.

Run along , the intellects are talking and you aren't invited.

If you see one let me know :rofl:

• Like 4

Because until this morning (probably 8pm last actually) he wasn't even going to ride in Poland today either.

He was named in the team yesterday...

Run along , the intellects are talking and you aren't invited.

Where.. :rofl:

Bit selective with the riders you apply that to though arent you?

See above.

If you see one let me know :rofl:

How am i being selective?? I have slated Woffy and Piotr for missing Wolves matches.

Or are you going to use the `i hate all things Poole` line to suit in this instance eh?! :t:

You will see from my posts i am consistent with ALL riders that pick and choose meetings, irregardless of their circumstances.

There are plenty of decent minded posters on here, including Poole ones.

(that of course excludes the poor mans Shovlar Starry naturally) :t:

• Like 1

so if r/r gets around 7 or 8 tomorrow and bees only win by a couple he won't have been missed then ?

Your not getting the point.

The post implied that Coventry may now win cos he's out but what I was saying is Coventry faced a full Poole team away (no max for ward there) and still won. That was when Ward was in best form as well. He only scored 5 at Leicester so who knows what he would have scored if he hadn't been banned for drinking.

Shamak scored 3 last time the sides met yet Lawson scored 12 with 4 race wins. Are you going to moan if he does same later.

Although he's not our number 1, Bees are sti minus a heat leader only difference being we have to use a PL guest for ours whilst Poole can use Guests like North.

Edited by mdmc82

Your not getting the point.

The post implied that Coventry may now win cos he's out but what I was saying is Coventry faced a full Poole team away (no max for ward there) and still won. That was when Ward was in best form as well. He only scored 5 at Leicester so who knows what he would have scored if he hadn't been banned for drinking.

Shamak scored 3 last time the sides met yet Lawson scored 12 with 4 race wins. Are you going to moan if he does same later.

Although he's not our number 1, Bees are sti minus a heat leader only difference being we have to use a PL guest for ours whilst Poole can use Guests like North.

Doesn't that highlight a fundamental flaw in the system? All play off teams should be at full strength or defeats the entire purpose of having a play off at all.

Interesting to see that some Polish riders do feel Britain is a great place to ride:

FOUR years ago, a 19-year-old Pole by the name of Maciej Janowski arrived in Britain to take his first skids in Elite League racing.

Regarded as a highly-promising youngster in his homeland having helped Poland to successive World Under-21 Team Cups amongst a string of honours, Janowski was nonetheless little-known to supporters in Britain.

The teenager had been signed by Swindon as a mid-season replacement for the banned Thomas H Jonasson and took his place in a team drifting around the lower reaches of the top-flight standings.

Three points against Ipswich and four against Wolverhampton was an inauspicious start but the Wroclaw-born rider’s watershed moment came in his third meeting at Lakeside one September night.

Janowski’s familiarity with the wide, sweeping tracks of Poland was such that when he turned up at the Arena-Essex Raceway, he thought the stock car circuit around the edge of the speedway track was what he was to race on.

But after a gentle nudge in the right direction from team manager Ronnie Russell, Janowski was set right. He went on to score 11 paid 14 from six rides, a sterling return that prompted Russell to label him ‘Magic’.

It was a nickname that stuck. After spending the majority of 2011 at Swindon and 2012 at King’s Lynn, Janowski’s stock had risen sufficiently for Pirates promoter Matt Ford to sign him as a permanent asset in exchange for Jason Doyle.

And this was where the British career of the up-and-coming charger – his first name is pronounced ‘mah-chek’ for the record – really took off.

In his debut season in Poole kevlars he totalled 253 points from 144 rides and scored 14 paid 18 across two grand final legs as Pirates crushed Birmingham.

Having raised his average from 6.16 to 6.95, Janowski was brought back for the current campaign. In recent weeks, he has discovered the form of his life.

The displays of the 2011 world under-21 champion led to him being handed the role of stand-in captain for the second time this season in the absence of the suspended Darcy Ward. And Janowski admits he is revelling in life on the track.

“I think British speedway and has helped me a lot with my racing and how I feel on the bike, especially now I have ridden a lot of meetings at Poole,” he said.

“It has been good for me in terms of learning lines and learning how to race. I really like racing in England and I’m just surprised that more Polish riders don’t want to come over because it is a really good school.

“I want to be the best every time and I’m angry when I don’t score good points. But even if you are racing behind someone you are still learning. This is speedway and you can’t always be the best.

“My first year in Swindon was not like down here. I usually only scored five points or seven points, but it was a step towards me being a better rider.

“A lot of people in Poland are afraid about England. They say that it’s a very weak league but if someone comes here and races, then we can talk, because it is really hard. It’s completely different to speedway in Sweden or Poland.”

Janowski, who turned 23 a month ago, may have been criticised for inconsis-tency at times during the past four years, but no one can dispute the quality of his recent form.

Averaging 11 points a meeting since the start of August, Janowski is well and truly on the gas, even if he cannot pinpoint exactly why.

“I have used the same setup all year and it’s working,” said Janowski.

“My mechanic has done a really good job on the bike and Peter Johns has made a fantastic job of my engine as well.

“If you have a good engine you can try something when you are behind and it makes it easier to pass. I don’t look against the riders that I’m racing. I just focus on myself and how fast I can drop the clutch.

“Almost everything is about the start. If you make a good start then it’s much easier.”

Shy and softly-spoken upon his initial arrival in England, Janowski’s increased confidence has allowed his playful personality to roam free.

Part of that confidence stemmed from gaining a grasp of the language and learning to express himself to team-mates and rivals.

Janowski, who stays with Poole chief Ford on his trips over, continued: “England is a good place to come to prepare for your whole life. There aren’t too many Polish people around so you have to learn the language and take care of yourself.

“I learned the language with my friends. It’s funny because I never had English lessons in school, only German.

“I can say some things in English but even having studied German for nine years, I don’t remember anything!”

Taken from bournemouthecho.co.uk

Edited by Charizard
  • Like 1

Doesn't that highlight a fundamental flaw in the system? All play off teams should be at full strength or defeats the entire purpose of having a play off at all.

Injuries are part and parcel of the sport and teams need to deal with it. Its unfortunate in Kings Lynn case that the rider injured is the leagues best rider so nobody can replace him really.

Poole and Kings Lynn have a number 1 rider that is missing. They can both use any other teams number one to replace them so i dont get the issue.

I still believe Pooles problems are of their own making so no point grizzling

Injuries are part and parcel of the sport and teams need to deal with it. Its unfortunate in Kings Lynn case that the rider injured is the leagues best rider so nobody can replace him really.

Poole and Kings Lynn have a number 1 rider that is missing. They can both use any other teams number one to replace them so i dont get the issue.

Injuries are part and parcel of league racing, as you have an entire season to make adjustments and adjust your strategy. One or two bad matches can easily be recovered from in league racing. The play offs do not have room for strategy or adjustments, and cannot be considered fair unless all teams are at full strengh.

You cannot rally behind a guest like you can your own team member, and you cannot look forward to the play offs when you have not a clue who will be representing your team. It's common sense, but of course speedway didn't end up in this state by heeding common sense.

Edited by Charizard
  • Like 1

Poole and Kings Lynn have a number 1 rider that is missing.They can both use any other teams number one to replace them so i dont get the issue.

King's Lynn cant use Darcy(suspended)Andersen,Kildemand,Doyle(visa)Woffy?(hand)so that leaves Zagar(unlikely)Watt and Pedersen.So not really a great choice of number 1's to choose from.

Same goes for Poole just Pedersen and Watt to choose from really.

It's pretty abysmal really when the 2 top riders in the league may end up being replaced from other teams number 2's or 3's

• Like 2

Tai won't ride as a guest for anyone as he is in the studio with Nigel for the play Offs.