British Speedway Forum
coomie

Somerset V Rye House Ko Cup Final 27/9

Why is Tyson leaving the UK before the 2nd leg of the KOC final! .... :o

I noticed that too. I'm sure it must be a mistake on his part. Got his dates wrong hopefully

He did push Hougaard all the way in his last 2 rides though and if he can perform like he did at Wolverhampton on Monday night then we'll be alright.

3 0 0 3 0 ? I hope he does a lot better than he did Monday night :)

I noticed that too. I'm sure it must be a mistake on his part. Got his dates wrong hopefully

Surely he was talking about himself and the bikes going to Pardubice for the U21 World Cup Final this Saturday wasn't he? The last press release said he was trying to get a late flight so that he could race at the OTA.

Surely he was talking about himself and the bikes going to Pardubice for the U21 World Cup Final this Saturday wasn't he? The last press release said he was trying to get a late flight so that he could race at the OTA.

Must be a change of plan. Website says r/r

Edited by Shadders

Not impressed by Nicolai Klindt on his last visit to Oak Tree, last in his first two races and did not get going until track got slick.

If he gets out the gate, he will be okay. If he doesn't, he's stuffed.

If he gets out the gate, he will be okay. If he doesn't, he's stuffed.

Seen him a couple of times live this year and he was just as you say.

• Like 1

Missed the last two matches due to holidays and disappointed on my return to see that Nelson, Davies and Morris will be missing the KOC final due to more important commitments in the Under 21 World Cup Final, once again speedway shoots itself in the foot. Perhaps someone can kindly tell us if any riders will be missing for the Premier Play Off matches.

I assume riders had already signed up for the Under 21 World Cup when they signed for Somerset and Rye House at the start of the season, if not they should have been given a contract which states they cannot miss matches for the team they have signed for.

This season we have had Somerset missing out on winning the 4TT due to Doyle’s absence as he was riding in the World Cup.

In the important match against Ipswich to decide who finished top of the League, we had both teams number ones missing, Doyle and Barker and also Morris due to Elite commitments based on a rule which should have been opposed by the Premier League promoters at the AGM, I cannot believe they could not foresee the problems it would raise.

Surely the “Sam Masters rule” applies here regarding riders missing crucial matches.

What happens if the Czech Final is postponed on the day due to rain? Will it be re run the following Saturday so that riders are missing in the Play Off match against Redcar?

When I attend speedway I expect to see the riders of the teams advertised, (barring injuries) I’m not interested in the rules or what problems this involves, that’s the problem of the people putting on the entertainment, I’m just a customer and I pay my money and I expect the product I am paying for. It’s bad enough having riders missing through injury and the hated R/R, but to have riders missing due to rules agreed by promoters is a joke.

When teams are announced at the start of the season the riders names should be listed but at the end of the names should be printed the caveat, “When available”.

Somerset say they did not want to use this Friday for the match as they knew riders would be absent but were forced to do so, but did they have to race on the Friday? They have used other days for matches this season and I can only assume that their number of mid week matches they are allowed has been used up, or that Rye for some unknown reason could only visit on a Friday. However Somerset had three blank weeks when no matches took place w/e Fridays 26th April, 24th May and 12 July and surely this is the reason, along with a badly planned fixture list by the BSPA that teams are trying to fit matches in at the last minute. I’m not blaming Somerset they are the victims of the amateur way the sport is run.

If riders are to be allowed to ride in all these extra meetings and double up, then the fixture list needs to be drastically changed. Get rid of the Premier Trophy and KOC, two events which drag on all season, and then have many more blank weeks, so teams can then be more flexible and arrange fixtures to avoid clashes. I realise that if you have a good summer, you may finish your fixtures in September, but surely fans would prefer to see finals in September than on a freezing cold, late October night.

Having said all that you will not be surprised that my friend and me will be absent this Friday evening, and I shall be watching TV and the lovely Susanna Reid perform the jive on Strictly, a much more attractive proposition than watching Nicolai Klindt.

• Like 2

Great picture of all the Rebels on back page of this weeks Star, with Gary May clutching his pen ready to sign new riders! :D

Edited by oldtimer

Oldtimer... I believe I read that tomorrow is the only blank Friday available to Somerset. It's all very well saying there were blank dates earlier in the season, but you've gotta persuade other teams to come down when they may have riders unavailable. I still reckon you'll be too strong for us on the day, home and away

Tomorrow isn't ideal for me either, having to cancel an existing commitment to travel down.

Lets hope it's worth it.

Edited by Shadders

Great picture of all the Rebels on back page of this weeks Star, with Gary May clutching his pen ready to sign new riders! :D

Working out changes for the next few matches more like!!!

Weather looks set fair for tomorrow so hopefully it will be a great day for the Rebels Golf Day raising funds for the Air Fence Fund and then a great evening of racing in the KO Cup Final 1st leg.

Hope everyone enjoys both events.

Missed the last two matches due to holidays and disappointed on my return to see that Nelson, Davies and Morris will be missing the KOC final due to more important commitments in the Under 21 World Cup Final, once again speedway shoots itself in the foot. Perhaps someone can kindly tell us if any riders will be missing for the Premier Play Off matches.

I assume riders had already signed up for the Under 21 World Cup when they signed for Somerset and Rye House at the start of the season, if not they should have been given a contract which states they cannot miss matches for the team they have signed for.

This season we have had Somerset missing out on winning the 4TT due to Doyle’s absence as he was riding in the World Cup.

In the important match against Ipswich to decide who finished top of the League, we had both teams number ones missing, Doyle and Barker and also Morris due to Elite commitments based on a rule which should have been opposed by the Premier League promoters at the AGM, I cannot believe they could not foresee the problems it would raise.

Surely the “Sam Masters rule” applies here regarding riders missing crucial matches.

What happens if the Czech Final is postponed on the day due to rain? Will it be re run the following Saturday so that riders are missing in the Play Off match against Redcar?

When I attend speedway I expect to see the riders of the teams advertised, (barring injuries) I’m not interested in the rules or what problems this involves, that’s the problem of the people putting on the entertainment, I’m just a customer and I pay my money and I expect the product I am paying for. It’s bad enough having riders missing through injury and the hated R/R, but to have riders missing due to rules agreed by promoters is a joke.

When teams are announced at the start of the season the riders names should be listed but at the end of the names should be printed the caveat, “When available”.

Somerset say they did not want to use this Friday for the match as they knew riders would be absent but were forced to do so, but did they have to race on the Friday? They have used other days for matches this season and I can only assume that their number of mid week matches they are allowed has been used up, or that Rye for some unknown reason could only visit on a Friday. However Somerset had three blank weeks when no matches took place w/e Fridays 26th April, 24th May and 12 July and surely this is the reason, along with a badly planned fixture list by the BSPA that teams are trying to fit matches in at the last minute. I’m not blaming Somerset they are the victims of the amateur way the sport is run.

If riders are to be allowed to ride in all these extra meetings and double up, then the fixture list needs to be drastically changed. Get rid of the Premier Trophy and KOC, two events which drag on all season, and then have many more blank weeks, so teams can then be more flexible and arrange fixtures to avoid clashes. I realise that if you have a good summer, you may finish your fixtures in September, but surely fans would prefer to see finals in September than on a freezing cold, late October night.

Having said all that you will not be surprised that my friend and me will be absent this Friday evening, and I shall be watching TV and the lovely Susanna Reid perform the jive on Strictly, a much more attractive proposition than watching Nicolai Klindt.

Oh why can't everything be as simple as it seems in Oldtimer's world! Don't think this is through choice but necessity of dates running out.

Edited by drew2
  • Like 1

Is it worth me bringing my big coat? Will it be that cold after sunset?

Edited by Shadders

Probably. Nice and warm in the bar though

I'll probably be in there drowning my sorrows when we're 25-5 down after heat 5 :drink:

Old timer is right though... Two of your top four missing for a play off meet? Its farcial.

People wonder why fans are being driven away at an alarming rate and one of the main reasons is the fact that riders are missing all the time.

I personally would like to see one month designated to all FIM events except the GPS... All these under 21 meetings during the season play havoc with fixture lists and rider line ups in both leagues.

Its not fair to expect someone to pay full price admission to not see their full strength time and no matter whats said its a main reason for dwindling crowds.

• Like 1