British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Ipswich League Cup Final 2nd Leg Sunday 29/09/13

Ipswich, I'm sure we will have a very good go at throwing this away too.

If we go down poorly at Worky then I will agree with you on this one.

However lets see what happens there first.

C'mon boys - what do you want to be winners or also rans - its in your hands!

Informed last night that Benji Compton replaces Adam this weekend.

Is that a good or bad thing? Don't think he is that great but maybe he was the only choice. I would imagine that now firmly puts the final nail in the coffin.

Well if Ipswich can't win this on aggregate with a twelve point lead and two tactical rides then they don't deserve to win it.

Well if Ipswich can't win this on aggregate with a twelve point lead and two tactical rides then they don't deserve to win it.

I totally agree with you Bash. If Ipswich cannot protect the 12 point lead there is something wrong as they are a good side. I cannot see us beating you by more than twelve points as each time we are likely to get 10/12 points up (wishful thinking), you will hit us with TR's. Well 2013 was a fairly good year for the Diamonds with the bright spot being the riding of Lewis Kerr who has been scoring points that some of his team mates couldn't match despite them having much more experience than Lewis.

It would be nice if we refound our gating ability without getting excluded for this meeting .

Would also be nice not to need tacticals and bring home some silverware which I believe we deserve after a generally good year .

Alot could depend on Bens form as he seems to have been good for Brum and not Ipswich since his return from injury . If our guest reserve can pick up a few points that could also have a bearing .

If the Witches ride like they did at home against Worky they've got no chance but if they pick it up a bit its gonna be tight and could well end up as a last heat decider .

My heart says, lets win it with a last heat decider. My head says, lets have an average meeting, lots of 3-3's and win the cup with a bit to spare. Don't think I could stand the stress of it going to the wire, we've waited a long time for some silverware, come on lads, don't let us down now.

it wouldn't :)

oh yes it would!

Well as both teams put up a bit of a pantomime performance last night I thought Id join in!

• Like 1

Best of luck to Newcastle for this sundays meeting,hopefully it will be the Diamonds collecting the trophy come sunday night.

oh yes it would!

Well as both teams put up a bit of a pantomime performance last night I thought Id join in!

many of you's coming up??

many of you's coming up??

The club coach trip was scrapped due to lack of numbers!

Maybe just a few hardy souls so be kind to them please.

Updates only for me.

With Rohan now out, it really looks like we will end up with no silverware again. It really is going to be a disastrous end to the season. 2 chances lost last season to. Let's hope there is some fire left in our riders, Ritchie showed plenty last night. Personally I would only keep Ritchie and cam, from this season and maybe Ben and Adam, whatever happens morten has to go.

Edited by Baldyman