British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

You know how these things work, no doubt when it comes to it Tai will sit out Monday as he will have aggravated the injury riding in the SEC and Puk will have been on standby just in case.

Personally I'm surprised he's considering riding at the weekend, I'd have thought he'd have a fortnight off and come back for the GP.

That's just the problem isn't it? We all know the corrupt way that these things work. CVS and Peter Adams are complicit in this escapade. They're proving themselves to be no more honourable than Fat Maud and Neil Muddleditch. The only difference is that CVS and Adams don't (yet) have hoards of Swindon fans (or Coventry fans, if they hadn't gone into hibernation for the winter) baying for their blood.

You know how these things work, no doubt when it comes to it Tai will sit out Monday as he will have aggravated the injury riding in the SEC

There must be little or no chance of him riding on Sunday with a World Championship begging just 6 days later. Be madness to risk it.

• Like 1

That's just the problem isn't it? We all know the corrupt way that these things work. CVS and Peter Adams are complicit in this escapade. They're proving themselves to be no more honourable than Fat Maud and Neil Muddleditch. The only difference is that CVS and Adams don't (yet) have hoards of Swindon fans (or Coventry fans, if they hadn't gone into hibernation for the winter) baying for their blood.

Tai hasnt even rode on Sunday yet and your "baying for blood".

Tai hasnt even rode on Sunday yet and your "baying for blood".

I'm leaving Tai out of this. He'll do what he's told by his manager - Peter Adams! It's the wheeler-dealing in the murky waters that is what's bothering me. Whether Tai rides on Sunday or not is somewhat irrelevant. It's the dodgy arrangements being made that matter here.

The other way of looking at the situation is that Tai's manager has pulled Tai out of the Brummies meeting, but hasn't pulled him out of the SEC! Said manager who also works for CVS is in cahoots with CVS to secure a guest for Tai for Monday, knowing already that Tai won't be fit for then, but miraculously that he will be fit the day before. Said CVS who is on the BSPA Management Committee, because he knows best what's "in the best interests of British Speedway", has engineered the availability of NKI as a guest for Tai who may or may not aggravate an injury in the SEC on Sunday, but probably has a "doctors note" anyway, Would someone NOT on the BSPA MC have been able to find such favours? I'm sure that Gary Patchett, Rosco & Co at Swindon must be wondering how on earth heaven and hell can be moved for Tai in respect of his SEC commitments when all they could do when Hans Andersen was in an SEC qualifier, was employ Lewis Blackbird.

Way I see it, it ain't just Matt Ford "playing to the rule book" is it?

Edited by uk martin

And I suppose it's honourable to say that you're going to buy somone and then renege on the deal? Hyprocrite.

And I suppose it's honourable to say that you're going to buy somone and then renege on the deal? Hyprocrite.

Oh dear..."RED ALERT!!!...deflector shields up"!

320x240.jpg

I'm leaving Tai out of this. He'll do what he's told by his manager - Peter Adams! It's the wheeler-dealing in the murky waters that is what's bothering me. Whether Tai rides on Sunday or not is somewhat irrelevant. It's the dodgy arrangements being made that matter here.

The other way of looking at the situation is that Tai's manager has pulled Tai out of the Brummies meeting, but hasn't pulled him out of the SEC! Said manager who also works for CVS is in cahoots with CVS to secure a guest for Tai for Monday, knowing already that Tai won't be fit for then, but miraculously that he will be fit the day before. Said CVS who is on the BSPA Management Committee, because he knows best what's "in the best interests of British Speedway", has engineered the availability of NKI as a guest for Tai who may or may not aggravate an injury in the SEC on Sunday, but probably has a "doctors note" anyway, Would someone NOT on the BSPA MC have been able to find such favours? I'm sure that Gary Patchett, Rosco & Co at Swindon must be wondering how on earth heaven and hell can be moved for Tai in respect of his SEC commitments when all they could do when Hans Andersen was in an SEC qualifier, was employ Lewis Blackbird.

And who questioned Josh Auty,s doctors note,when he had sprained?suspected ? wrist injury last week.

Its common knowledge that Josh dosent like riding at Monmore,so very convniently get a track specalist to take his place.

You should take a look at your own promotion,before you start throwing blame at others

• Like 1

And who questioned Josh Auty,s doctors note,when he had sprained?suspected ? wrist injury last week.

Its common knowledge that Josh dosent like riding at Monmore,so very convniently get a track specalist to take his place.

You should take a look at your own promotion,before you start throwing blame at others

Absolute rubbish i cannot believe that,Auty is a in/out racer i cannot believe he would ever step down for the sake of it.Also he did score 8 pts in the British final so he is certainly capable of scoring points.Tully who i like alot rode ever so well but i fancied Auty would of scored against those reserves that night he wouldn't of though if he was carrying an injury.

Ben Barker in the League match in May announced at the last minute just before the parade not riding due to injury but rode 2 matches in 2 days 3 nights later no mention anywhere of said injury.

GOOD NEWS -

beer.png

£1 per pint off your beer prices in the bar after the meeting. Celebrate your win or drown your sorrows...but enjoy the offer!

Why only after the meeting ?, I doubt we are going to end up in a drunken riot if it was on all night.

Saving a quid on an extra drink I woulden't normally have isn't enough temptation to stay after applauding the rider post heat 15.

As for alleged foul play with Woofy, isn't the first and won't be the last under the current BSPA farce, why make a big deal about a drop in the ocean whihc frankly will have little effect in this context.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 1

Actually laughing at the apparent conspiracy re Tai!! Meeting hasnt happened yet and theres conspiracies. Speedway fans really a rare breed (not in a good way)

Did we climb out of bed the wrong side today David?

Talk about promotion being a dying art, the art of gratitude seems to be dead buried and eaten by the worms already, isn't it? There was no compulsion for the gaffers to come up with this gesture. There's nothing in it for them really, and even less in it for the GRA, and yet all that they get is more moaning.

As I understand it, the offer was negotiated with no bargaining chips at all. The GRA who control the bar prices were persuaded to offer something up...and they were kind enough to push the boat out to some extent. They didn't have to. There would have been no sanction against them if they hadn't played ball. All in all I think that the promotion's ability to get something for nothing here is to be commended.

If the offer's no good for you, there's no obligation for your to accept it. You don't need to come all "attitude" over it.

You'd wonder why anyone would want to be a promoter, with a lack of gratitude like this stacked on top of the financial losses that they incur to keep the club running.

Edited by uk martin

Good result for Brum at Wolves but with only 2 points in it this Semi Final is still in the balance,Whilst I fancy Brum to come through it I reckon that Wolves will give them a run for their money unless all the Brummies riders hit form on the night, usually a couple are inconsistent at a time.

Come on the Brummies & Good Luck to Tai in his World Title bid. :t:

• Like 2

With all due respect to this hanging Tai for not riding Monday, as he actually said that? Remember when he hurt it in the Summer, he rode the SGP then rode for his Polish and British clubs the following two days, at the time he said it would be disrespectful for him to ride for himself and not for his clubs. A very mature thing to do and say.

So, lets wait to see if Tai rides Monday before slagging him for riding at the weekend.