British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

Troll away or should it be trawl away.

Don't think anyone claimed he is an EL number 1 - yet.

But come next year when the tv money has gone he may well start the season as one.

Well not long to go now :drink: , really hope we make it through to the final but we must be wary of wolves. I dont think Craig Cook is such a bad guest, people say he's not a number one but you could say the same about Smolinski for us. Hes scored well in his matches at Perry Barr this year.

Pleased that Mr Barker is fit to ride, he has been outstanding in recent matches at Perry Barr so R/R for him would have a big blow. Really had everything crossed last night that none of our riders would get injured and at first I was concerned when Covatti came off in the SEC and then BB, so glad we have a full side.

Come on the Brummies!

Not sure whether Zagar or Pedersen would have been available or would have wanted the gig.

Zagar on paper would be the obvious answer however i cant recall him taking guest bookings this season at all?

Think there are indeed a few posters who like to bang the drum about how wonderful the EL (still) is and how poor any other league must therefore be.

I'm sorry but the EL ceased to be very elite when the top world stars stopped riding in it regularly.

I will agree however that the naming structure of all the leagues is ridiculous.

The Elite is now a long way from being elite.

The Premier is certainly not the highest tier league.

The National only has English teams in it as far as I am aware.

But getting away from the semantics, the EL is now pretty much only a PL+ standard, with a handful of guys who are at a higher level e.g., Woffie, Ward and a few others.

However, my post was actually to do with respect or the lack of it, shown by a few posters to the guy who is way ahead of the rest of the PL and has added 2 points to his EL average this season.

I suggest you watch some of the many video clips of Cookie's races this season to see whether he is just a gating tart.

I think you'll find he is more than capable coming from the back.

I`m an EL snob and proud. In my mind we are the superior league because of its star riders , even despite the dwindling numbers of them.

But really, what does it matter about the names?? Why are some so hung up on trying to ensure the league is the more appropriately named - it really doesn't.

The top flight is appropriately named in comparison to the other leagues, rightly or wrongly.

I have always said good racing is good racing and that cannot be defined by any league.

Despite some saying the EL is closer to the PL in standard than ever (which has some merit) there isn't one PL team in any year that could take on an EL team this season or any season which proves the point that it remains much stronger in comparison.

The sooner the BSPA get back to basics with ensuring our leagues push and promote our OWN the better. Its OK for the other European countries to do it so therefore i cannot be deemed `unfair` for us to follow suit.

The sad thing however is that the promotions will stick to their blind `its against EU law` stance and wonder why we have fallen so low that even Latvia can now claim to be a higher ranked nation on the World stage.

Some of them should hang their heads in shame.

Think cook is an awful choice and will be well beaten tonite.

Think cook is an awful choice and will be well beaten tonite.

There is no suitable replacement. Any other `suitable` replacement (Iversen) isnt fit enough.

There isnt anyone that is likely to do a better job so it doesn't really matter.

There is no suitable replacement. Any other `suitable` replacement (Iversen) isnt fit enough.

Probably he had enough last week :lol:

Late news is Wolves are going for this, with the News Robert Miskowiak has suddenly produced a Drs note Stomach Cramps and Nausea, and will be covered by RR, that has to be an improvement, rides can be covered by 1 above and any below, which are Ricky Wells and any below.

Edited by greyhoundp

Late news is Wolves are going for this, with the News Robert Miskowiak has suddenly produced a Drs note, and will be covered by RR, that has to be an improvement, rides can be covered by 1 above and any below, which are Ricky Wells and any below.

Really??

Cook is a PL/ kirky lane bully and will be exposed tonight, He isn't a Number 1.

What have you got against Cooky? even you have to agree he has had a great season his stats tell you that. Edited by sidney

Really??

Is that a sarcastic comment to they are going for it, or the fact that Miskowiak isnt available, either way, it strengthens Wolves.

Robert Miskowiak seems to have come down with a convenient bout of Tactical Flu. R/R in his place. Saint Peter and Saint Christopher doing what's in the best interests of British Speedway again I wonder.

Is that a sarcastic comment to they are going for it, or the fact that Miskowiak isnt available, either way, it strengthens Wolves.

Of course it strengthens Wolves!

He is useless.

Didn't look injured yesterday but at least we are doing what the likes of Poole do on a regular basis to try and get an advantage.

Robert Miskowiak seems to have come down with a convenient bout of Tactical Flu. R/R in his place. Saint Peter and Saint Christopher doing what's in the best interests of British Speedway again I wonder.

If its OK for Poole its OK for the rest.