British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Tsunami is absolutely right, let's concentrate on what's coming. Steady's been training with Ash Birks and Josh Bates at Ryan Rhodes boxing gym, so he's really pumped up for the new season and apparently very happy with the way team buildings been going.
I'll take this opportunity to wish Ash (another Sheffield lad) good luck for the new season after his horrific injury, although bizarre how it occurred.

So back to team building. Are people still expecting Andre to be announced?

If so Is his average 4.36?

If so who is available at more than 4.36 but no more than 4.85? as we only have 9.21 to play with and obviously ideal for him to start at reserve.

Any ideas?

No ideas but the way this is shaping I think the likelihood of them naming Andre, and him being at reserve are very high. Loving this team. Clearly well thought through.

So back to team building. Are people still expecting Andre to be announced?

If so Is his average 4.36?

If so who is available at more than 4.36 but no more than 4.85? as we only have 9.21 to play with and obviously ideal for him to start at reserve.

Any ideas?

Alex Edberg, Simon Nielsen and Hynek Stichauer are the only ones I can see from last year's Green Sheets.

Looking at who is available it might be that if Andre is coming back he might have to go into the top five with A.N.Other at reserve. IMO can't see that being a major issue, but what a rider to have at reserve he could prove to be. Plus he'd be a big help to young Josh and would allow him to be brought on, allowing him to develop at a steady pace.

Personally I would like to see Albin return to the team, with some better machinery, as I think having a second year might release some of that potential I believe he possesses.

Back to Andre though as I've posted before I think he could easily improve, at least two points on that average.

Still lets wait and see what's delivered this week by the new promotion!

Andre will be confirmed soon I reckon and then I think he will be joined by one of Koppe or Albin.

Compton + Albin would potentially waste 1.23 points available to us

Compton + Koppe would potentially waste 1.85 points available to us.

Only Newcastle have come close to these figures, having 1.37 unused.

All depends on whether Albin or Koppe could improve to make up the shortfall, personally, I'd prefer another fresh face in the team.

Compton + Albin would potentially waste 1.23 points available to us

Compton + Koppe would potentially waste 1.85 points available to us.

Only Newcastle have come close to these figures, having 1.37 unused.

All depends on whether Albin or Koppe could improve to make up the shortfall, personally, I'd prefer another fresh face in the team.

I'd go Edberg to get Compton in at reserve then watch us fly :)

Andre at reserve would be a great help to young Joe. If he can gate with Andre he will get him home.

Any one remember the race when Andre team rode Benji home, one of the slowest of all time but what a team ride.

More of this please.

• Like 2

Andre at reserve would be a great help to young Joe. If he can gate with Andre he will get him home.

Any one remember the race when Andre team rode Benji home, one of the slowest of all time but what a team ride.

More of this please.

Yes, it was against Rye House in 2006 and one of the best pieces of team riding I've ever seen at Owlerton. He literally dragged Benji round for the 4 laps in a race time 3-4 seconds slower than his normal times. Chris Neath was behind them and wasn't to impressed after the race. Andre would be an asset anywhere in our team, but even more so if at reserve.

• Like 1

Simon Nielsen says on his twitter that he has his kevlars and bike covers for the new season. Who is he riding for?

He's not shown in any of the line-ups confirmed in Britain, but he could be referring to his Danish team, presume he's riding over there this year?

His tweet was posted a month ago!

One off the press releases said that there would be as many as 3 new faces - which we've got - so thnk it's fair to say that it will be Compton and Albin or Koppe