British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

He's not shown in any of the line-ups confirmed in Britain, but he could be referring to his Danish team, presume he's riding over there this year?

His tweet was posted a month ago!

If it was to be Simon Nielsen, you'd have a terrific rider that gives no less than 110%. Very courageous, just needs some luck & to stay injury free.

One off the press releases said that there would be as many as 3 new faces - which we've got - so thnk it's fair to say that it will be Compton and Albin or Koppe

Koppe is going back to Aus, also heard Albin is not coming back, so could be another new face,

Koppe is going back to Aus, also heard Albin is not coming back, so could be another new face,

Facu wants came back to Sheffield..............

Facu wants came back to Sheffield..............

think numbers game and better options for a stronger team might work against him which would be a shame as he gave everything last year, but lets see what happens.

Where've you heard Albin's not coming back then?

Seems curious that Koppe has spent the winter in the UK riding in the series at Scunny to then head home in the eve of the season

C'mon Kieran, you should've changed your name to 'SillyKent'.

You might think its silly. But well see what happens.

Where've you heard Albin's not coming back then?

I still think it will be one of Albin OR Koppe to return, Albin showed a bit more grit and was very liked by the fans, but we will see what happens, hopefully we will get the team finalised this week. Part of me also finds it hard to believe that Koppe has gone back to Australia after competing over here in the winter.

Either way this new look lineup has got the excitement going again with the fans, cant wait for March.

I still think it will be one of Albin OR Koppe to return, Albin showed a bit more grit and was very liked by the fans, but we will see what happens, hopefully we will get the team finalised this week. Part of me also finds it hard to believe that Koppe has gone back to Australia after competing over here in the winter.

Either way this new look lineup has got the excitement going again with the fans, cant wait for March.

I think Koppe's situation is his girlfriend has been working over here, and her work permit is all but over now.

Good luck to him and hope to see him back in the UK soon.

From the Sheffield Star website today:-

Leigh Lanham has vowed to offer the benefit of his experience to Sheffield’s younger riders this year.

The former Ipswich man was unveiled as a new signing for the Owlerton side last week and he admits he’s been taken aback by the welcome he’s received.

He will be looking to hold his average in a revamped Tigers side which so far sees only Simon Stead and Adam Roynon retained from last season.

Said Lanham: “I at least want to maintain my average although of course the aim is to try and put a little bit on to it ideally.

“I’m not making any big promises but obviously I want to maintain what I do and make the most of my experience because I’ve been around for a few years now.

“I’m a team man as well which does help in getting results in those tight meetings by bringing a bit extra to the team, and hopefully I can have a positive influence to help Sheffield have a great year.”

And Lanham is well aware of the troubled times Sheffield have been through over the last two seasons.

He said: “I know they’ve struggled as a team and we have to ensure we win our home meetings as a starting point.

“I’m confident we can do that with the team the management are putting together and I really can’t wait to get going now.

“The fans will be keen to see us do well after a couple of poor seasons, but they were not helped last season by Simon Stead’s injury so early in the campaign.

“I like the way the team is coming together and I really feel we have a good chance to be knocking on the door for a play-off place. I’m looking forward to the new challenge and we should have a lot of fun along the way too!”

• Like 1

final signings announced tomorrow