British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Canadian champion Kyle Legault's British career seemed to stutter after his links with Lakeside Hammers and an injury.

Edited by Guest

Canadian champion Kyle Legault's British career seemed to stutter after his links with Lakeside Hammers and an injury.

Is Lego still riding speedway or has he packed in now and focused on another motorsport ?

Legault was ok but never awesome. he and Complin decided not to ride for Sheffield after advice from a certain Mr Sean Wilson so Feck em.

Legault was ok but never awesome. he and Complin decided not to ride for Sheffield after advice from a certain Mr Sean Wilson so Feck em.

..and young Havvy.

Is Lego still riding speedway or has he packed in now and focused on another motorsport ?

Kyle Legault is still active in the handful of meetings run each season at Welland, Canada. He won this season's Canadian Championship.

The last itme heard anything about Kyle Legault, he was settled back in Canada with a young family and a job.

I very much doubt that he will wanted to come back over to race unless the deal was a very good one.

I'm more concerned about whether we will have a team in 2014, rather than the riders in the team. Has anyone any news on whether we will have a new promoter?

Do we have to have a new promoter by the conference? If the existing promoter doesn't enter the team in the league, where does that leave us?

Is there any news on the logistics of having/storing an air fence at Owlerton?

I am out of touch in regard to Sheffield these days. What happened to Emiliano Sanchez? :unsure:

I'm more concerned about whether we will have a team in 2014, rather than the riders in the team. Has anyone any news on whether we will have a new promoter? No, but there is apparently interest in running the club

Do we have to have a new promoter by the conference? If the existing promoter doesn't enter the team in the league, where does that leave us? As far as I know they have to declare an intent to run in 2014, I don't think that they need to state who is or will b running the club.

Is there any news on the logistics of having/storing an air fence at Owlerton? None as far as I know, my guess is that the best option for Sheffield would be to have a foam fence rather that an air fence. The foam fence would only need to be removed for the stock cars. But the foam fence is a lot more expensive compared to the air fence.

I am out of touch in regard to Sheffield these days. What happened to Emiliano Sanchez? :unsure:

Apparently he was available to ride last season but no one came in for him.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 1

Apparently he was available to ride last season but no one came in for him.

What sort of sport has speedway become when a rider of Sanchez's quality cannot get a place, yet others far below his standard get places because of the rules on equalisation of points averages for teams. :cry:

Edited by Guest

would have been nice to have 2 Argentine riders in Sheffield Tigers, more for Facu.- Sanchez possible transfer our his experience to him.-

I hope Sheffield continue in the league :neutral:

What sort of sport has speedway become when a rider of Sanchez's quality cannot get a place, yet others far below his standard get places because of the rules on equalisation of points averages for teams. :cry:

I believe he was available, but several enquiries found Emiliano wanting a little bit more than clubs wanted to pay. By no means the first rider to drift out of the sport for this reason.

Re air fence. Weather it's a foam or air fence it will have to be taken down after every meeting. Otherwise it will restrict the view for the greyhound racing. The dog racing is very important to the stadium owners, it's broadcast in all the betting shop's nationwide every week. On a Tuesday and Thursday's.

I like Adam but he is far too injury prone, and we need to keep injuries to a minimum next year (i know thats hard in this sport!). Also I expect that Steady will be back with us next season however i think Facu Albin will be the first name announced, he didnt always plough in with the points but his work rate and never say die attitude was fantastic.

Cant say id be shocked either if Hugh came back after a season away. Just hope the rest of the team gets an overhaul. Olly Allen would be a neat addition and keeping Wells for his away track knowledge would be awesome too.

Some may also disagree but I quite like Tyson Nelson too...

I like my dad but he wont be riding for us again. :lol::lol:

Edited by romans lovechild

Re air fence. Weather it's a foam or air fence it will have to be taken down after every meeting. Otherwise it will restrict the view for the greyhound racing. The dog racing is very important to the stadium owners, it's broadcast in all the betting shop's nationwide every week. On a Tuesday and Thursday's.

Aye, there's the rub, as the Great Dane (not Nicki P) said in his soliloquy).

Dogs on a Thursday means a concerted effort to set up the fence before 7.45.

But it has to happen, and it will. Anyone betting against it?