British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

What about Panthers £250, you can compare that, & it includes parking.

Which is a much better comparison. One I can't really argue with. But again, we don't know the cost to run each club. I guess season tickets can vary in importance from club to club, and with how much changes Sheffield has had and had to pay out for, it's perhaps not the most important thing to tackle. But if Sheffield could get it down to a price like Peterborough's, then you'd see a lot more people paying out for the whole season.

Hopefully something for the future though.

• Like 2

The money is paid in advance, which is good for any business, & if results go against you, you will still have most season ticket holders attending meetings. Seems common sense to make season tickets good value at all tracks in my opinion.

• Like 2

The money is paid in advance, which is good for any business, & if results go against you, you will still have most season ticket holders attending meetings. Seems common sense to make season tickets good value at all tracks in my opinion.

Matters who it attracts. If its just the die hard regulars who go weekly, then it's lost money and you're not really going to get the fickle fans buying season tickets, even if its a decent saving. But there's obviously the pro's to having well priced season tickets and hopefully its something that's introduced!

Don't try and compare Berwick & Sheffield, the cost to run each are a world away.

Well admission is only £1 less yet the S/T is £101 less so IMHO represents value compared to pay on the gate

Sheffield S/T price is disgraceful VFM compared to £15 admission

• Like 1

From today's Sheffield Star:-

Sheffield ace Adam Roynon says he is fitter than ever before as the 2014 campaign draws ever closer.

After two years of injury hell, Roynon has revealed he has worked harder than ever to reach peak physical condition before the new season gets underway next month.

The popular Cumbrian is now hoping he can help the Tigers launch a challenge for the Premier League title.

Roynon said: “I’m really looking forward to the new season now. I’ve given myself some good preparation over the winter months, and I’m feeling really positive. I’ve got myself as fit as I ever have been which has been a hard job. I’ve pushed myself far past where I’ve ever been before which I’m delighted about, and I’m just hoping it will show out on track when the season starts.

“I think the side the new management have put together looks great, so it looks like being a really exciting year for Sheffield.

“Even though it was put together quite late in the day we’ve managed to get some riders with scope for improvement and some reliable scorers as well.”

With a season ticket, should get a minimum of 19 matches, the opening friendly, 14 league, 3 league cup and 1 KOC match. Obviously no guarantee of further progression in any competition. However, with new management it is not easy to predict what else (if anything we may get). With Neil Machin you knew he was always keen to run a young guns. I think a little more information would be appreciated. Also this year are there any perks, such a Tiger Tokens?

I think the problem with season tickets is down to the fact that the new promotion have very little time to prepare for the season, and maybe other issues have taken over as importance.

As was pointed out at the recent STAARS.

The air fence is a massive issue and raising funds for what will be the biggest air fence in British speedway with the track needing 26 panels..

The track is having a major overhaul with new shale on order, they hoping to get the track back to its best to produce some good racing.

They are also interested in giving young and promising riders a chance and and they seem to be keen to have 2nd half racing for riders, so I would believe that the Young Guns meeting will still be there.

But for me the main thing is that they are looking at bring back a winning team at home and make it Fortress Owlerton back like it was when the team tasted success, basically going back to basics.

Yes maybe they could have done a better deal on season tickets, but they have kept prices the same as 2013 and not put them up, lets be patient and give them a break.

On a personal note I came away from the STAARS meeting confident and excited for the new season, something I have not felt for the last two seasons.

• Like 2

Has it been confirmed anywhere how much pay on the gate will be ?

300 quid :o:nono:

Do you really think anyone would pay £300.00 per meeting?

Buying a season ticket is always a gamble.The more success we have the more meetings you get.Simple.If you want one ,get one.For me the main thing is we are running and have an exciting team.With a bit of look we could be top 6.If we get the track to suit our riders we will be on a winner.The new promotion wont get everything right but they need to be given a chance.Lets all give them a chance and see where we go this season.From most postings on here there seems to be a buzz around the new season starting so lets stop the nit picking and support then new promotors.Roll on march.

• Like 2

Looks like good team, good track, looking forward to the announcement about what the first match will be, (and we still get the free racecard).

Edited by RS50

Do you really think anyone would pay £300.00 per meeting?

Do you think that I would think it was 300 quid a meeting ? ... some people hey :icon_smile_clown:

Thanks for the link orlov

I think the problem with season tickets is down to the fact that the new promotion have very little time to prepare for the season, and maybe other issues have taken over as importance.

As was pointed out at the recent STAARS.

The air fence is a massive issue and raising funds for what will be the biggest air fence in British speedway with the track needing 26 panels..

The track is having a major overhaul with new shale on order, they hoping to get the track back to its best to produce some good racing.

They are also interested in giving young and promising riders a chance and and they seem to be keen to have 2nd half racing for riders, so I would believe that the Young Guns meeting will still be there.

But for me the main thing is that they are looking at bring back a winning team at home and make it Fortress Owlerton back like it was when the team tasted success, basically going back to basics.

Yes maybe they could have done a better deal on season tickets, but they have kept prices the same as 2013 and not put them up, lets be patient and give them a break.

On a personal note I came away from the STAARS meeting confident and excited for the new season, something I have not felt for the last two seasons.

Berwick's fence has 32 panels on EACH bend
  • Like 1