British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Glad. Scored well away but most of us paid to watch him at Owlerton, where all too often there was too little effort.

He almost changed my opinion at the end of last season but never quite managed it. Who will replace that smiley face in the pits as well??

I cannot seem to find this data about Sheffield and the KO Cup 2014, but they are named in the draw which is:

First round draw:

Sheffield v Berwick; Glasgow v Rye House; Plymouth v Redcar; Workington v Somerset
First round byes:
Edinburgh, Newcastle, Scunthorpe and Ipswich
Edited by Guest

Brilliant news, and there's no way a rider will sign unless he is absolutely convinced that the team will run.

My money's on Lawson, but hopefully Stead and Albin will follow. Get Ollie Greenwood in and that leaves 17 points for the remaining three - which could include Roynon.

Add in Andre and that makes just 1.

im expecting something along the lines of:

Stead

Albin

Lawson

A Compton

Greenwood

????

????

Matej Kus worth a go ?

1. Stead

2. Skidmore

3.Roynon

4.Compton

5. Lawson

6. Albin

7. Greenwood/Koppe

Would be a solid enough side for me. I think we just need a really good side around Owlerton, and i think that'd be one team that wouldn't be beat at home all season. But as others have said, we really need Facu to step up a bit. Absolutely looks the part and pulled off some crazy passes last season, but really does need to get some decent machinery so he can really show what he can do.

1. Stead

2. Skidmore

3.Roynon

4.Compton

5. Lawson

6. Albin

7. Greenwood/Koppe

Would be a solid enough side for me. I think we just need a really good side around Owlerton, and i think that'd be one team that wouldn't be beat at home all season. But as others have said, we really need Facu to step up a bit. Absolutely looks the part and pulled off some crazy passes last season, but really does need to get some decent machinery so he can really show what he can do.

Would be surprised to see Hugh Skidmore back at Sheffield, as there seems to be a mutual love in between both him and Redcar.

Would love to see Ollie Greenwood at Sheffield, but I think that would depend upon whether or not Scunthorpe plan to use him.

I think Ollie Allen would be a better proposition than Richie Lawson on a lower average give us more points to play around, but Richie lives locally and maybe he could be more likely to sign.

Got to bring back Adam Roynon, exciting rider who rides Sheffield well and get the fans on their feet.

Ideally would love to have Andre back at reserve.

Steady is a no brainer.

Facudo would be nice with better machinery

Other riders who could come on the radar.

Ramus Jensen (surplus to requirement at Plymouth)

David Bellego (could be ready to move from Berwick with riding in Poland)

Dakota North

Nico Covatti

Alex Edberg

Michael Palm Toft.

At least the decision has been taken early and still plenty of riders out there to try and get into the Tigers

Would be surprised to see Hugh Skidmore back at Sheffield, as there seems to be a mutual love in between both him and Redcar.

Would love to see Ollie Greenwood at Sheffield, but I think that would depend upon whether or not Scunthorpe plan to use him.

I think Ollie Allen would be a better proposition than Richie Lawson on a lower average give us more points to play around, but Richie lives locally and maybe he could be more likely to sign.

Got to bring back Adam Roynon, exciting rider who rides Sheffield well and get the fans on their feet.

Ideally would love to have Andre back at reserve.

Steady is a no brainer.

Facudo would be nice with better machinery

Other riders who could come on the radar.

Ramus Jensen (surplus to requirement at Plymouth)

David Bellego (could be ready to move from Berwick with riding in Poland)

Dakota North

Nico Covatti

Alex Edberg

Michael Palm Toft.

At least the decision has been taken early and still plenty of riders out there to try and get into the Tigers

:lol:

Ollie Allen for me loves Sheffield. Once he got dialled in properly at Sheffield he could be brilliant.

• Like 1

Ollie Allen for me loves Sheffield. Once he got dialled in properly at Sheffield he could be brilliant.

Totally agree, and I think that he and Steady would push each other for the number 1 spot.

• Like 2

Lets hope the first signing isn't Jacobsson,Hall or sanchez.After the last 2 years we need some decent riders in our team that can ride home and away.Workington and Rye look to have attractive teams,lets hope we can.I am a bit confused and worried that neil wants out yet he has told Hoggy to sort the team !!!!!!!! It doesn't fill me with much excitement if Hoggy is picking the team after the last 2 years.

Throwing a bit of a curve-ball in here. I haven't seen Benji Compton's name mentioned. Would Tigers fans have him back, along with elder brother Andre? Benji C seemed to be scoring quite well in the CL towards the end of last season, which is why I mention him.

I'm guessing hoggy can only choose a team from the budget given to him. I'm sure if that fund was unlimited you would get a very different team.

Maybe the people who are taking over have given the go ahead to start the team building. Just waiting for the legal process to go through. They don't want to be left with the scraps. After the last two seasons we need to have a competitive team.

• Like 1