British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Noticed that the home fixture against Somerset has moved to Monday 28th July at 7.30.Sky?

Noticed that the home fixture against Somerset has moved to Monday 28th July at 7.30.Sky?

Thanks for pointing this out. My guess is, we have more fixtures to fulfil , than there are Thursdays before the cut off point, and that this particular Monday has been chosen as Wolverhampton do not have a match and Proctor will be available.

Comparing the fixtures on website to yesterday's programme, I notice discrepancies,

Peterborough away Tuesday 24 June programme, Wednesday 25 June website

Thursday 03 July Reserved per programme Rye House Website

Monday 28 July Somerset per website (7.30 start), nothing in programme.

Thursday 7 August Somerset per programme Reserved on website.

Friday 05 September Edinburgh away on website, nothing in programme.

Could the management (if they read this) please clarify.

MESSAGE TO MANAGEMENT. IF THEY CHANGE FIXTURES, ESPECIALLY, ANY HOME MATCHES WHICH ARE NOT ON THURDAYS, COULD THEY AT LEAST PUT A NOTE ON WEBSITE THAT FIXTURES HAVE BEEN UPDATED. I keep Thursday's free for speedway, but not the other 6 days in the week, so the more notice I given the more likely myself (and presumably other fans) will be able to get down to Owlerton.

Thank you

• Like 4

What is the "cut off point" for play offs. Asking because the Berwick home premier league fixture now on website as Thursday 11 September.

What is the "cut off point" for play offs. Asking because the Berwick home premier league fixture now on website as Thursday 11 September.

are you asking for berwicks sake cos we wont make the playoffs with this septet.

Edited by romans lovechild

Looks like it will be on Sky, nothing to do with Proctor's availability

From the Sheffield Star:-

Some hard decisions are needed at Owlerton.

Sheffield Tigers’ boss Joe Screen says he will support whatever decision the club’s owners make over team changes.

The Sheffield consortium members are currently looking at the prospect of two new signings to pep up the side for the second half of the season, once the new averages for July are confirmed.

And Screen says they have to do what is right for the club as some riders are clearly under the microscope after a disappointing run of results.

Said Screen: “It’s not my decision, I’m just here to work with the riders and try and help them improve.

But as coach and manager I will support whatever decision they make.

It’s never nice when something like this happens, but it’s the nature of the sport.

I guess someone will be disappointed along the way.

They’ve done it once this season by replacing Adam Roynon with Ty Proctor and that’s not really worked out how we wanted it to so far, but then again Ty Proctor hasn’t become an ordinary Premier League rider overnight.

He’s got the ability and the talent, but he’s just not doing it for us at the moment, along with several of the other boys in the team.

It’s the nature of the beast and I know Damien Bates is crunching the numbers looking at what may or may not be done when the new averages come out.”

Tigers are back in action tonight when they head to Peterborough in Premier League action.

Panthers are strongly fancied as one of the title contenders with a powerhouse side, particularly on their own track.

PETERBOROUGH: Ryan Fisher, Lewis Blackbird, Ales Dryml, Ulrich Ostergaard, Lasse Bjerre, Joe Jacobs, Nicki Barrett.

SHEFFIELD: Simon Stead, Taylor Poole, Leigh Lanham, Andre Compton, Ty Proctor, Simon Nielsen, Josh Bates.

Why are Sheffield booking guests for future matches which clash with the World Cup?. Team GB are not guaranteed to progress in this competition, and as far as I am aware, if they do, they are not bound to keep the same team.

PS anyone heard if there will be a match at Owlerton on 31 July, or when we race Plymouth at home?.

Why are Sheffield booking guests for future matches which clash with the World Cup?. Team GB are not guaranteed to progress in this competition, and as far as I am aware, if they do, they are not bound to keep the same team.

PS anyone heard if there will be a match at Owlerton on 31 July, or when we race Plymouth at home?.

Called forward planning and you never know what will happen with other clubs and whether they may need a Guest rider.

If Steady is dropped or Team GB fail to progress then we simply cancel the booking.

• Like 1

even i can suss out why sheffield have booked guest riders. rich lawson , a great guest. see him on form at workington on sunday. yes , sunday. on the other hand , why is stead riding in the world cup on saturday and not riding at worky on sunday..

even i can suss out why sheffield have booked guest riders. rich lawson , a great guest. see him on form at workington on sunday. yes , sunday. on the other hand , why is stead riding in the world cup on saturday and not riding at worky on sunday..

It's a good question, our busiest week of the season and our number 1 is missing. I would assume Ricky Wells would be missing for the Comets as well ???

Is it a case of if the SWC meeting at Lynn is called off, the re-staging date is Sunday (I think), and Sheffield are 'covering all the bases' in case of that happening? If it goes ahead on Sat, Steady then can ride Sunday? Or have Team GB said they want the squad to remain together and they can't ride whilst Team GB are still in the Competition?

I see that they have booked Richard Lawson for all of the Matches for Stead while the World cup is on .This is most odd as surely after The KL match team GB are surely going to use Stead again away form home