British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Comets V Witches Plpo 28 Sept

The finals over 2 legs, lets hope the other group get their fixtures over with, whether it's us (pleeeeease!) or Cookies's lot.

• Like 1

Well done Worky to dispatch the Group favourites :approve:

Cannot envisage Monarchs taking four points off Ipswich as apart from Cookie, we are poor at Foxhall Heath and unlikely to get within six points there.

With the October Green Sheets taking effect, Max Fricke moves into main body and Derek Sneddon drops to reserve which will restrict Edinburgh's scoring options.

On the other hand, Witches can now replace Ellis with a PL guest and together with the in-form Hawkins as the other reserve, expect this to be decisively in favour of Ipswich at home.

This might be a reasonable assessment in the circumstances but all Cyclone's previews are exactly the same - Monarchs will lose! That's not because he isn't an Edinburgh fan - it's because he is! He is the same with Hibs - always predicts defeat.

We did win at Somerset and Newcastle, Theo Pijper has some new equipment, Claus Vissing is back home testing clutches... so you never know.

• Like 1

The finals over 2 legs, lets hope the other group get their fixtures over with, whether it's us (pleeeeease!) or Cookies's lot.

i know the final is over 2 legs but where will it be run somerset will proberbly be the away leg but what about the home leg im pritty sure workington cant run after the 5th october

at least thats what a member of the rugby club is saying i didnt want to actually say it but it seams people are in the know and not wanting to coment

will they agree something to let us run 1 more fixture or will they not

maybe its just the anti speedway people at the rugby club trying to cause unrest again

i think it should be run on the beach at Silloth (that's a few miles up the coast from Workington )

i know the final is over 2 legs but where will it be run somerset will proberbly be the away leg but what about the home leg im pritty sure workington cant run after the 5th october

at least thats what a member of the rugby club is saying i didnt want to actually say it but it seams people are in the know and not wanting to coment

will they agree something to let us run 1 more fixture or will they not

maybe its just the anti speedway people at the rugby club trying to cause unrest again

As the final Play Off fixture (Diamonds vs Rebels) is scheduled for 13/10, that would be bad news - surely the local outcry would force the rugby club to relent.

Only feasible alternatives would be to move fixture to Berwick or Newcastle (if they didn't make the Final),

Edited by cyclone

What difference would it make to the rugby club if you had another meeting? Do they play on Saturday nights? Sorry I know nothing about rugby.

As the final Play Off fixture (Diamonds vs Rebels) is scheduled for 13/10, that would be bad news - surely the local outcry would force the rugby club to relent.

Only feasible alternatives would be to move fixture to Berwick or Newcastle (if they didn't make the Final),

or redcar ;)

What difference would it make to the rugby club if you had another meeting? Do they play on Saturday nights? Sorry I know nothing about rugby.

they are claiming they need time to prepair for the upcoming rugby world cup matches but lets face it derwent park is no fancy stadium it would take more than a few weeks to turn the place into something special

Workington are hosting 2 rugby World Cup matches in the coming weeks not sure what days they are on . Now Baldyman my friend please get your guys going on Thursday to beat Mr Invincible & Co for us 😉. I am sure Ipswich lying second in the PL wouldnt want to end in the playoffs with no points 😳 . Come on Ipswich witches ... who would have thought I would have ever shouted those words , hahaha !!

Edited by Taylorj

Oh right, I didn't even know there was rugby world cup in this country. Thanks for that.

Perhaps baldy if the posters had written that the fixtures were for the "Rugby League" World Cup it may have made more sense!! ;)

Workington RL applied to host two qualifying pool matches concerning Scotland, whom are being based here for those games, when Whitehaven had to back out after being unable to build a new ground in time, so, allied to the debateable theory that because a couple of Workington players with those international lineage associations like, "my granddad had a holiday there once" may well stimulate some local interest in those matches and make them a few bob?

As scarra has pointed out, it will take more than a fortnight to ready that place for international standard sport, but as far as I'm aware no match is scheduled for the Saturday but it could depend on the TV coverage and what night/day they want it played coz as you know, TV rules everything!!

Going from some while back, I'm sure the track is being used for television camera gantry's with the pitch being widened to bring it up to international standard, all could be considered as problems for the Comets if those things need to be in a fixed position prior to the the end of the speedway season? :blink:

May be a serious issue if the other play off group don't get their matches done in a reasonable amount of time as it does state in the Comets fixture list that dates are available only until the 5th of October? :cry:

Edited by Lord Lucan

Thursdays meeting just got a whole lot easier for those pesky monarchs..

Thursdays meeting just got a whole lot easier for those pesky monarchs..

Perhaps not if Lawson Howarth and Morris guest!?
  • Like 1

Not a lot of chance of the Witches doing the Comets any favours on Thursday after the disasters at Newcastle tonight I'm afraid !

Perhaps not if Lawson Howarth and Morris guest!?

I think the Workington management should get on the phone to Chris now and insist that they ride Thursday and agree to pay their wages too!!! ;)

• Like 1