British Speedway Forum

Home wins is always the most important, but whilst not consistent away from home last season did bang in the following:

9+1 at Kings Lynn

9 at Wolverhampton

9+1 at Eastbourne

9+1 at Peterborough

12 at Poole

So not all bad

He did have some woeful away scores but that was compensated by his home form. He was brilliant around Brandon, beating the likes of Iversen and Ward

Birks with 1 of Kennett, Swiderski, Zengota, Hougard, or Skornicki fits. Or Rosco could please our south coast rivals and go Bellego and THJ .

He's a modern day Exeter rider who can only ride his home track & is more often than not woeful away.

Yes he might be a rider who seems reliable in terms of turning up but to just perform on his home track simply isn't enough.

I guess the penny finally dropped with Bjarne that his days of riding for Poole were over & he was just an asset now would be the answer to that.

A bit like Davey Watt as well now.

Have to agree with Reliant Robin there Crazy. Zengi still has potential to fulfil in my opinion. He would be decent at number 4 or number 2, but not as a heat leader. He now knows all of the EL away tracks (possibly not Leicester)and from memory has posted a decent score at all the away tracks in the 3 odd seasons he's ridden over here.

I am a big Gustafsson fan, but I can see Simon taking a while to settle down. There would be a lot of expectation from supporters who know that he can ride Blunsdon, but I have a feeling he wouldn't end up averaging much more than Edward Kennett. He's still young though and definitely worth a shot.

Birks with 1 of Kennett, Swiderski, Zengota, Hougard, or Skornicki fits. Or Rosco could please our south coast rivals and go Bellego and THJ .

Would take Swiderski & Birks out of that lot & please anyone but bottler Kennett.

Gustaffson 5.17 & Dakota North 4.23 fit & although both would be a risk they both could & should up their averages.

Mads is now out of the picture & Zengota 6.15 or Swiderski 6.22 & Birks 3.06 seem to be another selection.

Edited by Crazy robin

Gustaffson 5.17 & Dakota North 4.23 fit & although both would be a risk they both could & should up their averages.

Mads is now out of the picture & Zengota 6.15 or Swiderski 6.22 & Birks 3.06 seem to be another selection.

Good call imo.. :t:

Good call imo.. :t:

I know both riders are firm favourites of Rosco's but I guess it will depend on whether Swindon want to pay loan fees rather than use their own assets.

Not sure what average Steady would have but as he's signed for Sheffield & they're a Thursday night track he'll be out of the equation.

Also Dak has no Premier lge team yet & I assume will want to double up.

Most riders have their ups and downs, Barne Pedersen was always getting stick for under performing with a view to a Poole return but never did return and had a good season last year for Eastbourne.

Just seems odd that the only ups for KK are with Poole. And don't get sacked regular either.

One other rider who improved last year is P Hougaard on 6.19

And he bagged 18+1 at the Abbey if I remember correctly - I'd take Zengi over Swiderski every time.

Zengi, Hougaard or Gustafsson I'd be happy enough with. Likely to be Birks I'm thinking as the other. Is Gustafsson not heading back to Eastie?

Average was that high because of the spell he had at reserve & didn't do that much when in main team which would be a real worry for me.

Has though always done okay at the Abbey but not for me.

• Like 1

Very pleased that 'Killer' - the EL's most exciting rider is returning to Swindon for 2014..

So far the Robins are looking good for next year..

Best wishes to Steve Worrall and Josh Bates too..

A job well done so far Rosco !