British Speedway Forum

A big season ahead for Nick, some have said he will do well to maintain his average.This year could be his breakthrough year i hope so he is talented anough.

Did anyone go to Beaumont Park yesterday? I was there and have to say that Nick was impressive after his first ride being a bit mediocre-thought he was in with a chance of winning it until Cookie Monster invited him up the inside on the last bend and the inevitable happened. If Nick can maintain that sort of form it's going to be a good season! However, Birmingham must be worried with Barker and Skornicki both failing to score!

A big season ahead for Nick, some have said he will do well to maintain his average.This year could be his breakthrough year i hope so he is talented anough.

You know my thoughts on Nick Morris Sidney! ;)

Nick will be in a tough position as most of his races will be against other heat leaders, but this may be what he needs and it may help him progress further.

The way the averages will work out, due to the protected riders, if Simon or Nicolai go well they could be pushing Nick for the third heat leader position, again this could spur Nick on.

He needs to get either a position with a PL club or ride on the continent as extra meetings seem to keep him sharp.

Nick will be in a tough position as most of his races will be against other heat leaders, but this may be what he needs and it may help him progress further.

The way the averages will work out, due to the protected riders, if Simon or Nicolai go well they could be pushing Nick for the third heat leader position, again this could spur Nick on.

He needs to get either a position with a PL club or ride on the continent as extra meetings seem to keep him sharp.

Nick is good enough to ride abroad & give the Premier lge a miss in 2014.

He is an immense talent & needs to use not doubling up as a positive.

• Like 4

Nick is good enough to ride abroad & give the Premier lge a miss in 2014.

He is an immense talent & needs to use not doubling up as a positive.

To be practical he has to double up, Doyley did for two years otherwise he will not get anough meeting,s.

Can't understand why Nick isnt riding in the polish 1st league at least or the swedish league, plenty good enough.

He's not going to learn much more from another year in the premier league. If he wants to reach the big time, he needs put himself outside his comfort zone pretty sharpish.

Can't understand why Nick isnt riding in the polish 1st league at least or the swedish league, plenty good enough.

He's not going to learn much more from another year in the premier league. If he wants to reach the big time, he needs put himself outside his comfort zone pretty sharpish.

Very hard to Pete, easier said than done in Poland and Sweden it very hard to get rides.

Doesn't Danny King get rides in Poland though? Please!!

Is Worrall also? it is still tough to get rides though.

It is tough(er) to get rides out there, but when you see some of the toilet over here getting meetings over there, it indicates to me that its more to do with Nick's willingness to get over there and get fixed up, than his ability. Hopefully Rosco will help him get sorted out.

And Bridger!

Maybe Nick's lack of visibility on the world stage has not attracted the attention of foreign clubs. I wonder if he will race in the U21s this year, or if he is even eligible?

I am a big fan of 'the kid'. From his early days at Glasgow/Coventry, I have watched him develop slowly but surely. In my opinion, he has pretty much everything in his locker to become a 9 point EL rider, and eventually at GP star. He is fearless, has a good head on his shoulders, is astute on the track way beyond his years, and above all he is a winner.

Nick will be fine even without a PL track this year. Injuries aside, I expect him to add at least a point on last years average.

• Like 2

It is tough(er) to get rides out there, but when you see some of the toilet over here getting meetings over there, it indicates to me that its more to do with Nick's willingness to get over there and get fixed up, than his ability. Hopefully Rosco will help him get sorted out.

Sometimes you have to be in the know have a bit of luck did Craig Cook try like mad to get fixed up? he has to double up.

Agree Sidney, and agree with most of the previous comments from ER. Nick ideally needs to ride abroad but his only option initially may be to d/u, but keep improving this year while pushing to get in to a foreign team during this season.

Edited by A ORLOV