British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

I would like to see Sam Masters ride for us next season at reserve with Jacob would be a good tail end.

Edited by fish keeper

That does appear the assumption but not certain.

Freddie have signed as a guest rider for Griparna in the Swedish 2nd division Allsvenskan, which could be an indication that he might race for Wolves next year,

Edited by Ghostwalker

Freddie have signed as a guest rider for Griparna in the Swedish 2nd division Allsvenskan, which could be an indication that he might race for Wolves next year,

Makes it more unlikely in my opinion. 2 leagues in Sweden, Poland, quite likely the Swedish Wild card pick for GP`s. Cant see how he will be able to do UK as well.

Makes it more unlikely in my opinion. 2 leagues in Sweden, Poland, quite likely the Swedish Wild card pick for GP`s. Cant see how he will be able to do UK as well.

Unconfirmed reports it will be Jonsson...

Unconfirmed reports it will be Jonsson...

Very little between the 2. Neither have excelled this season , whilst Jonsson has had some time out injured it is open to question if he would have scored more than Freddie anyway.

Freddie was highest ranked Swede so logic says him. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was Jonsson, neither have really earned it this year.

I dont know that much so i dont know how realistic this is but how about:

1. Tai Woffinden 9.20

2. Jacob Thorsell 4.61

3. Peter Karlsson 8.09

4. Tyron Proctor 5.78

5. Matej Zagar 8.78

6. Kenneth Hansen 3.00

7. Pontus Aspegren 3.00

Probably really unrealistic but there you go.

Christ, how top heavy can you get :blink:

Quite a bit more as that isn't a particularly top heavy side, its got strength in depth... not that it would fit under any pts limit for next season!

May be interesting to see if Wolves and Poole (or any other track) would be allowed to share the #1 race jacket which has been looked at before. Wolves can then use Woffinden or Lindgren while Poole use Ward or Holder. Swindon can use Andersen or Kildemand etc

Can't see that, if the Points limit does go down and another 2 clubs join the EL, they will need 3/4 top class rider to be able to compete, there's only so many decent riders you can pack the lower order with.

Quite a bit more as that isn't a particularly top heavy side, its got strength in depth... not that it would fit under any pts limit for next season!

If the point limit is 38 or less, I reckon it would be madness to have more than 2 riders over 8.00 or more than one over 9.00, too much of a gamble that there will be a couple riders on falsely low averages to avoid the lower order being spanked out of sight, it does happen, but your in trouble if it doesn't, a safer option of someone on a 6.00 would be better IMO.

I can see Woffy at Wolves next season, be madness not to have the reigning british world champion from a commercial and publicity point of view mind, can't see the Lindgrens or PK however, Bomber woulden't be a bad shout considering how he rides Monmore.

Can't see that, if the Points limit does go down and another 2 clubs join the EL, they will need 3/4 top class rider to be able to compete, there's only so many decent riders you can pack the lower order with.

If the point limit is 38 or less, I reckon it would be madness to have more than 2 riders over 8.00 or more than one over 9.00, too much of a gamble that there will be a couple riders on falsely low averages to avoid the lower order being spanked out of sight, it does happen, but your in trouble if it doesn't, a safer option of someone on a 6.00 would be better IMO.

I can see Woffy at Wolves next season, be madness not to have the reigning british world champion from a commercial and publicity point of view mind, can't see the Lindgrens or PK however, Bomber woulden't be a bad shout considering how he rides Monmore.

Agree with most of that, however Bomber will be at Boro next year.. :t:
  • Like 1

I agree, but that side wasn't a 38pts limit side so therefore not top heavy.

In a 38pt limit Wolves should be looking a top 3 along the lines of Woffinden, Skornicki, Proctor.

He has posted teams on most threads and all of them are top heavy......................... bit of a theme going on.

Agree with most of that, however Bomber will be at Boro next year.. :t:

Wasn't he meant to be last season? :P

He has posted teams on most threads and all of them are top heavy......................... bit of a theme going on.

Wasn't he meant to be last season? :P

Yes, but the silly 2/20 ruling put paid to that because Sundstrom was signed before the ruling was brought in...

Yes, but the silly 2/20 ruling put paid to that because Sundstrom was signed before the ruling was brought in...

Always best to wait before the rules then!

Always best to wait before the rules then!

Absolutely :t: You never know what strange rulings will come out of that room....