British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

I can't see Freddie racing at Wolves nor indeed anywhere in the UK in League racing!! He's done his time valiantly, had the testimonial and probably won't fit within whatever the 2014 rules are!

Not saying I told you so, but I told you so!! :P

Good article. At 28 think he has made the wise decision. Dont think Fred will be lost to British speedway for good, can see him taking in a fair few open meetings.

Good luck to the guy,hes been an absolute credit to the Elite league these past 10 seasons.

You won't have to wait too long ...... March 17th 2014 in the Bank's Olympique

Hardly a surprise that Freddie won't be riding in the EL next season, had gone stale and IMO never quite been the same since that awful crash in 2012 at Monmore.

Must be left scratching his head as to how he had gone from the Wolves golden boy to being left firmly in the shadows of Tai.

I doubt he will be back ever again, done his ten years and got his pay off, thanks for the memories.

It's not suprising that Freddie has been overshadowed by Tai some what in 2013 as Woffy has hardly had a bad meeting all season while Freddie has had a few under par performances like 7(10) at Birmingham, 5 at Peterborough and 5+2 v Coventry while in Poland he has scored 101 points from 67 rides (6.03) and in Sweden he has scored 109 from 62 rides (7.03).

Tai has on the other hand has been paid for double figures in ALL his EL meetings and his Polish meetings apart from one where he had to pull out and a guest appearance for Lakeside. He has scored 203 points for Wroclaw from just 87 rides (9.33) and if you include bonus points its 215/87 (9.88)

Freddie has still had plenty of good meetings this season with 19 double figure scores and two paid double figure scores with maximums at Coventry and Birmingham along the way.

If you think Freddie won't be back you are likely to be provd wrong as he is disappointed he won't be back at Wolves next season but understands the reasons and with more fixtures planned on SET race nights in Sweden and Poland, he can concentrate on his GP's more and face hardly any through the night flights to get to Wolverhampton on a Monday and then back to Stanstead straight after the meeting.

He wants to ride in England again and with Wolverhampton but this year he has set race nights, less travelling (flights) and hopefully it will give him the edge he possibly has been missing in some meetings, especially the GP's.

Yep. His defining season in the GPs. So ask yourself why he didn't drop league racing elsewhere instead of GB. Answer = money.

No problem with that at all after his loyalty to the EL. Just can't be doing with folks who try to hide the real reason behind a smokescreen.

Set race nights of Tuesday, Thursday an Sundays along with GP's on 12 Saturdays

He would earn more in England riding in 30+ meetings than he will riding on 14 Thursdays but the situation he finds himself in gives him the chance to relax a bit more and get things sorted with a new work pattern and no smokescreen from Freddie !!

Freddie has been a great servant to Wolves and British speedway, I cant believe anyone would not wish him well in 2014 as he strives to make a mark on the World scene..

• Like 1

Career defining season that just happens to be the one after your testimonial. Fooling no one Fred.

Think Freddie showed his intentions earlier in the year when he chose to miss a Wolves meeting for another commitment not on the calender.This wouldn't have happened if Freddie was going to ride for Wolves in 2014.

Bjerre: I want to ride for the Panthers

Lindgren: Bye Wolves, Thanks for the testimonial, I'm off to concentrate on the GP's

Loyalty, Commitment and mercenaries summed up in two lines.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

News from tonight's talk in.

* FREDDIE IS HAVING A SEASON OUT OF EL *

N

As quoted, was already confirmed on the 4th Nov.

Hardly a surprise that Freddie won't be riding in the EL next season, had gone stale

Not for Wolves or the EL he hasn't. Improved his 2012 average (8.68 - rolling) 9.33 to (8.94 rolling) 9.71.

He has been a solid scorer even allowing for his 2 year slow decrease prior to that.

Edited by stevebrum

I like Freddie and I think he will be missed good luck to him in 2014.

Maybe Nicholls will join Tai

I would be happy with that he likes the track and always gives his best when guesting.

Edited by fish keeper
  • Like 1

Think Freddie showed his intentions earlier in the year when he chose to miss a Wolves meeting for another commitment not on the calender.This wouldn't have happened if Freddie was going to ride for Wolves in 2014.

That was down to travel arrangements and nothing else. Hans and Tai were offered a plane and couriers to rush them to Russia and after advice he decided along with the backing of SVEMO that he could travel the day before and miss the rearranged meeting at Coventry.

His inclusion in the SEC was arranged before the Coventry match was arranged for that date and going by their own rules, I personally think he had justification in missing the Coventry match but do feel Wolves should have had cover as it was one of those moments that stopped us finishing top ...... like the last heat at Poole.

Bjerre: I want to ride for the Panthers

Lindgren: Bye Wolves, Thanks for the testimonial, I'm off to concentrate on the GP's

Loyalty, Commitment and mercenaries summed up in two lines.

Fredrik Lindgren - Wolverhampton ...... 10 consecutive years !!

Kenneth Bjerre - Newcastle, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn, Peterborough

Plus Wolves already have a #1 rider while Peterborough need all the 7+ riders they can get (or still wants to ride for them !)

• Like 3

That was down to travel arrangements and nothing else. Hans and Tai were offered a plane and couriers to rush them to Russia and after advice he decided along with the backing of SVEMO that he could travel the day before and miss the rearranged meeting at Coventry.

His inclusion in the SEC was arranged before the Coventry match was arranged for that date and going by their own rules, I personally think he had justification in missing the Coventry match but do feel Wolves should have had cover as it was one of those moments that stopped us finishing top ...... like the last heat at Poole

Now that made me smile - there were quite a few moments that stopped Wolves finishing top! On the back of a few very poor seasons with virtually the same team Wolves were written off before they started ! With the turnaround in form of the eventual world champion from a good heat leader to world beater I think it inspired the rest of the team to raise their game. But don't get too carried away - Wolves were never going to finish top and they were the weakest of the 4 play-off teams and an easy pick for the team finishing top - and that's how it turned out!

Fantastic season but don't get carried away

Now that made me smile But don't get too carried away - Wolves were never going to finish top and they were the weakest of the 4 play-off teams and an easy pick for the team finishing top - and that's how it turned out! Fantastic season but don't get carried away

We made mistakes like all teams do during the season and at the start we had a bit of luck by meeting the right teams at the right time but when injuries came we started to meet the wrong teams at the wrong time and as the season went on we were running on empty.

With the play offs you have to finish the season in form and Wolves were by far the easiest pick of the four and got showed up in both legs with Tai's replacements scoring just 7 in two meetings and Miskowiak in the form that he was in was never going to threaten any team and would have struggled to have got in the Dudley team (no disrespect)

Now it's build for another season and whatever the format or limit, I feel pretty confident in Tai 9.20, Ty 5.78, Jacob 4.61 and Pontus3.15 that we have four riders (if all start) that can seriously improve and als have a number of riders like Sam Masters 3.85 who wants to ride for Wolves who will also add strength to the team in what looks to be a much better but weaker league.

Now it's build for another season and whatever the format or limit, I feel pretty confident in Tai 9.20, Ty 5.78, Jacob 4.61 and Pontus3.15 that we have four riders (if all start) that can seriously improve and als have a number of riders like Sam Masters 3.85 who wants to ride for Wolves who will also add strength to the team in what looks to be a much better but weaker league.

Given your point about how to help British riders (foreigners maintaining initial assessed averages) in another thtead its interesting that you see 3 low average foreigners as important to team building plans.

Seems that you are also a turkey that wouldnt vote for Christmas!

Now that made me smile - there were quite a few moments that stopped Wolves finishing top! On the back of a few very poor seasons with virtually the same team Wolves were written off before they started ! With the turnaround in form of the eventual world champion from a good heat leader to world beater I think it inspired the rest of the team to raise their game. But don't get too carried away - Wolves were never going to finish top and they were the weakest of the 4 play-off teams and an easy pick for the team finishing top - and that's how it turned out!

Fantastic season but don't get carried away

Think most Wolves fans will agree we had a much improved season and may have shocked many with the way we started, not me i hasten to add!

The only thing that matters that prior to the injuries (most notably Ty)we were top of the table and winning for fun. The rest is open to suggestion what might have happened.

Keeping the same 1-7 fit like the Brummies is likely to have seen a different table topper and potential finalist/winner. Speculation of course, not a science!

and Pontus3.15

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm away without access to last year's rules at the minute) but if Aspgren only appeared in the PL last year, wouldn't he be on a converted PL average this year?

Edited to add: 6.74 PL would equal 4.04 according to the current rules

Edited by Nellie

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm away without access to last year's rules at the minute) but if Aspgren only appeared in the PL last year, wouldn't he be on a converted PL average this year?

Interesting point. Like last season`s rules will mean much for next year!

Interesting point. Like last season`s rules will mean much for next year!

Fair point SB. I should've included the 'subject to change at the AGM' caveat, necessary when discussing any rules in speedway.

Edited by Nellie