British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

Similar averages but ones much better than the other :lol: Explain yourself young lady????

Sorry meant the averages they would come in on

Piotr - 7

Shamek - 7.09

TNT talks about Pawliki having not been seen here we had the same problem with him and his big brother at Coventry being involved in under 19's under 21's in Poland, best of luck but I guess you will have problems with this young man.

darn i wish people wouldn't copy paste steve bum and bwitcher i muted those ******** for a reason

If only you had something constructive to add other than abuse.

Nothing changes.

Sorry Wolves fans this team looks lower end of the table bound .

Remind me, did you say the same thing (amongst many) about our 2013 line up? LMFAO

TNT talks about Pawliki having not been seen here we had the same problem with him and his big brother at Coventry being involved in under 19's under 21's in Poland, best of luck but I guess you will have problems with this young man.

Please tell me where I have said anything about him missing meetings ?

I have only said that he has been here briefly which is correct as he had a few meetings with Coventry and a few with Poole.

Can't see CVS signing a rider without making sure he is committed to the club and the fixtures ahead. Maybe there will be a few clashes but not many and Wolves have bagged a great young rider

Why Piotr Pawlicki over Shamek Pawlicki?

Maybe because Prez Pawlicki is already signed up elsewhere ?

Maybe because a small track and a Monday race night was more suited to Piotr ?

Maybe because the Wolves team is 31,94 with Piotr and 32.03 with Prez !!

Let's see who is the better rider in 12 months time ;)

Maybe because the MJJ post didn't get much of a bite?

Edited by Fourentee
  • Like 1

If his brother hadn't missed meetings you wouldn't have won the play offs. Piotr didn't miss meetings for poole. Very impressed with him myself and a future gp rider in my opinion
  • Like 1

Sorry meant the averages they would come in on

Piotr - 7

Shamek - 7.09

Do you ever think before you post as so much of it is without facts or substance.

The mere fact that you asked why they signed one & not the other when one obviously is already signed up for Poole & even if he wasn't couldn't have fitted into the Wolves team with Ricky Wells who was the rider they wanted.

I wonder how much CVS has had to pay Pawlicki?

12 months ago at a Pirates fan forum - just after Piotr had been assessed at 7 points - Matt Ford said that he was asking for a better deal than Holder (as the then World Champion) was getting!!! :wink::shock:

Ford was either going to pay what was requested or negotiate down though until the re-assessment. And in context regardless of his deal, Ford explained that no team would touch him on a 7 last season anyway. On a 7 instead of a 4 his value drops. Whilst he won't be cheap, I doubt Wolves will be paying that level as a lot of their budget will have gone on Tai. The loss of Lindgren who was potentially the biggest earner will have freed up money, as will the British reserves.

Whilst obviously Holder was worth more, there were many riders being paid more than him (and Ward) anyway. Whilst you would have expected Holder and Ward to be the best paid riders in the league, in fairness to them they have put their loyalty to Poole first and taken lower pay than many of their contemporaries.

If his brother hadn't missed meetings you wouldn't have won the play offs.

If Pawlicki was in the main body we would still had won. Poole lost it because Holder and Ward only scored 20 between them in the 2 legs. We won the tie by 22 points!

• Like 1

If Pawlicki was in the main body we would still had won. Poole lost it because Holder and Ward only scored 20 between them in the 2 legs. We won the tie by 22 points!

Don't rise to it as it's simply what happened rather than what could've happened.

We gave up in the second leg,pawlicki at reserve was vital

[quote name="INCOGNITO" post="2386980" timestamp="1387549179"

As Wolverhampton own both riders it will mean Workington will have to find replacements and not Wolves

That is certainly how the double up positions will be dealt with but havent seen anything to confirm the same re the draft riders.

That is certainly how the double up positions will be dealt with but havent seen anything to confirm the same re the draft riders.

I am sure CVS said it when they had the talk in last month.

The key riders are Proctor,Thorsell and Wells and in that order. I do not expect Woffinden to improve further, he is already top of the averages and World Champion ! Pawlicki will do very well to hold his assessed average. Accordingly, in my view, the only improvers, leaving aside the reserves, are those first named. We need Proctor to ride like the heat leader he was last season, but he is coming back from injury, who knows how he will go.Thorsell I like a lot and I think he will continue his progress, would be nice if he eventually got to the level of Freddie Lindgren. Wells I have my doubts about, whether there is anymore to come from him, I don't know. But if these three can improve their averages we might do better than most might think.

• Like 1

The key riders are Proctor,Thorsell and Wells and in that order. I do not expect Woffinden to improve further, he is already top of the averages and World Champion ! Pawlicki will do very well to hold his assessed average. Accordingly, in my view, the only improvers, leaving aside the reserves, are those first named. We need Proctor to ride like the heat leader he was last season, but he is coming back from injury, who knows how he will go.Thorsell I like a lot and I think he will continue his progress, would be nice if he eventually got to the level of Freddie Lindgren. Wells I have my doubts about, whether there is anymore to come from him, I don't know. But if these three can improve their averages we might do better than most might think.

Best post I've seen on the team for 2014 season. Could not agree more.

• Like 1