British Speedway Forum

When the website "went down" we were served with a Parallels Plesk default page. This tells us that the website was moved, deleted from its hosting or the domain nameservers were changed. The only thing that could cause this would be an intentional removal from an administrator or hacker.

Or the flicking of a switch on a control panel...don't forget that the "favicon" was still in the browser's address bar, so the files were still there, but being blocked from being accessed.

Or the flicking of a switch on a control panel...don't forget that the "favicon" was still in the browser's address bar, so the files were still there, but being blocked from being accessed.

Nope. The pages were not physically there. The favicon was probably already in your cache. I am well accustomed with Plesk and only the methods I mentioned above would cause this.

Edited by Synikalle

Nope. The pages were not physically there. The favicon was probably already in your cache. I am well accustomed with Plesk and only the methods I mentioned above would cause this.

Ok but stop saying 'nope', it makes you seem a right smartarse and you're probably not like that at all. Cheers.

Ok but stop saying 'nope', it makes you seem a right smartarse and you're probably not like that at all. Cheers.

Umm... nope.

To be fair it has been mentioned multiple times that it wasn't bandwidth related. I'd rather be a smartarse than just out right thick.

But thanks for your unnecessarily provocative post.

Cheers.

Edited by Synikalle
  • Like 5

Umm... nope.

To be fair it has been mentioned multiple times that it wasn't bandwidth related. I'd rather be a smartarse then just out right thick.

Cheers.

Brilliant :D :t:

• Like 3

?

Well after a short unexplained ban we now hear that 27 visitors were enough to threaten all British speedways websites? What a joke!

• Like 2

"Speedway clubs are contractually obliged to have their sites hosted on BSPA servers which are controlled by AP Media"......this is bizarre.

Its not uncommon in sport.

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME, YOU WON’T CHANGE A THING

The problem is, that's exactly what they want and too many people do it.

If I see Andy Povey anytime soon, i will be demanding a full explanation for this act.

You make me laugh..

I have the misfortune of being up Peterborough way in the next few few days - let me know where you're stacking shelves and i'll be there.

For the forum's sake, i shall say that i would like to shake your hand and and talk speedway.

For the sake of humanity and the protection of the Jepsen Jensen family, i would like drop you one, put you in one of your own trolleys, and dump you in a river...

Kind Regards

Tom

• Like 1

Thanks Phil for the explanation for my short ban. Not sticking to topic basically.

So to keep very much on topic...

Andy Povey, why did you take the Beimmies website offline on Monday night.

Your original explanation about volume of traffic was a total lie. The admin of the site has data to show only 27 visitors during the period of concern.

Is it because y

• Like 1

Thanks Phil for the courtesy of an explanation for my ban last night. I wasn't sticking to topic.

So keeping very much on topic...

Andy Povey, please explain the logic behind your decision to remove the Brummies website on the clubs biggest night in many many years.

Now that the stats prove your original explanation was a complete lie. You claimed traffic to the site was the problem but 27 visitors??

Is your product seriously that poor.

It stinks, I believe you acted maliciously at a time to cause maximum impact and disruption to the club, spiteful only because Birmingham speedway didn't accept your demands earlier in the year and parted company with you.

That's on topic?

Edited by richsimpson
  • Like 1

Yes indeed. Very surprising - promoters are hardly going to ban every BSF user - even if they could! :lol:

Eh?

The BSPA have nothing to do with this website!! :mad:

A compliant was made about some posts not related to this topic. I was unable to review the topic at the time so had to hide it. Remove the offending post and a couple of others which quoted it or got mixed up in it.

Like everyone else I am appalled that the Birmingham speedway website was pulled.

If they say it was due to load on the server then let them all host elsewhere. It is ridiculous that the BSPA make clubs all host on the same server.

• Like 6

Thanks Phil for the courtesy of an explanation for my ban last night. I wasn't sticking to topic.

So keeping very much on topic...

Andy Povey, please explain the logic behind your decision to remove the Brummies website on the clubs biggest night in many many years.

Now that the stats prove your original explanation was a complete lie. You advised Brummies management it was due to the increase in traffic yet 27 visitors seems very small to me.

Or are your systems are simply not up to scratch?

My opinion is it was a spiteful act to deliberately damage the club based solely on your poor relationship with them after they decided not to use your services this year after getting too big for your boots.

• Like 1

You make me laugh..

I have the misfortune of being up Peterborough way in the next few few days - let me know where you're stacking shelves and i'll be there.

For the forum's sake, i shall say that i would like to shake your hand and and talk speedway.

For the sake of humanity and the protection of the Jepsen Jensen family, i would like drop you one, put you in one of your own trolleys, and dump you in a river...

Kind Regards

Tom

There is friendly banter and then there is just out right bullying.

http://www.childline...e-bullying.aspx

Eh?

The BSPA have nothing to do with this website!! :mad:

A compliant was made about some posts not related to this topic. I was unable to review the topic at the time so had to hide it. Remove the offending post and a couple of others which quoted it or got mixed up in it.

Like everyone else I am appalled that the Birmingham speedway website was pulled.

If they say it was due to load on the server then let them all host elsewhere. It is ridiculous that the BSPA make clubs all host on the same server.

Hi Phil,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know what happened.

I don't think any posts were particularly offensive. The upset and anger conveyed by myself and others was directed at the brand AP Media and was completely relevant to the topic. The Birmingham Brummies website going down was just one of many issues caused by Andy Povey and his company AP Media.

I do not understand why my posts would be removed as they attacked the service Andy Povey offers to the public through his company. This is exactly the same as a fan venting their feelings about how Matt Ford conducts his business, it is simply a case of the public being annoyed with the business and the appointed director of that business.

My post was accurate, directed at a company and it's brand, services and director. It was also completely on the topic of our debate.

Edited by Synikalle
  • Like 4

Hi Phil,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know what happened.

I don't think any posts were particularly offensive. The upset and anger conveyed by myself and others was directed at the brand AP Media and was completely relevant to the topic. The Birmingham Brummies website going down was just one of many issues caused by Andy Povey and his company AP Media.

I do not understand why my posts would be removed as they attacked the service Andy Povey offers to the public through his company. This is exactly the same as a fan venting their feelings about how Matt Ford conducts his business, it is simply a case of the public being annoyed with the business and the appointed director of that business.

My post was accurate, directed at a company and it's brand, services and director. It was also completely on the topic of our debate.

Mate, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. You obviously were too accurate in your post, and it seems some people didn't like it as it was too close to home. As a matter of relevance to the thread, I notice there is a post which makes veiled attacks at both Birmingham and Poole Speedway's and is still there. Light having been shed on reasons why certain other posts were pulled, why is that one still here?
  • Like 3

OK, fair enough. I come from the Linux /Apache side of the world and as a customer and not a reseller / server administrator. Glad that we have someone with Plesk experience here who can help out with honest comment.