British Speedway Forum

SLIGHTLY off-topic, but is it true that Birmingham and BikerFM's Chris 'Bart' Simpson has been banned from working Speedway in the UK by the BSPA for posting his earlier statement online??

I get your point but its a bit of a leap of faith to compare the second leg of a domestic speedway semi - final with the European football champions league final.

Absolutely, there is no way Man Utd will get to the Champions League Final!!!

SLIGHTLY off-topic, but is it true that Birmingham and BikerFM's Chris 'Bart' Simpson has been banned from working Speedway in the UK by the BSPA for posting his earlier statement online??

Better bloody not have, an excellent presenter at Perry Barr, is he not allowed an opinion like the rest of us then ?, the BSPA and their chums are just digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves with this dictatorship, BSPA admit the situation is unacceptable and change it before you kill the sport, the fans have spoken and the overwhemingly majority are of the opinion something untoward has gone on here, you won't get away with wallpapering over the cracks and pretending it didn't happen, we will not be taken for mugs!.

The BSPA - even prepared to censor free speech to try and keep the status quo.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 7

Better bloody not have, an excellent presenter at Perry Barr, is he not allowed an opinion like the rest of us then ?, the BSPA and their chums are just digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves with this dictatorship, BSPA admit the situation is unacceptable and change it before you kill the sport, the fans have spoken and the overwhemingly majority are of the opinion something untoward has gone on here, you won't get away with wallpapering over the cracks and pretending it didn't happen, we will not be taken for mugs!.

The BSPA - even prepared to censor free speech to try and keep the status quo.

I think we should wait and see if this is true before making any judgements.

Someone will know, and the information will find its way to this forum no doubt.

• Like 1

Firstly, I'm certainly no website building/hosting expert, so I might be asking daft questions here, but what is the purpose in having every club website hosted on the same servers?

I can understand some logic in the idea that all club website domain names should follow a uniform pattern, but wouldn't it be simpler to allow each club to build their own website and host it wherever they want, and then the BSPA just point all the .co domains to the relevant places?

A top Elite club might want to pay more to be hosted on a server that doesn't crash when it suddenly gets 27 visitors, whereas a small NL club might even be able to find somewhere to host their site for free. As long as the official BSPA .co domains point to the right place then to the outside world everything would be uniform.

On the subject of the uniform domains, it still mystifies me why all clubs have a Colombian domain, and why they use nicknames rather than the word speedway.

If I was a non-fan (in say Eastbourne) who had just seen speedway on TV and wondered if there was a local track, I would surely look for "Eastbourne Speedway". I wouldn't know to look for "Eastbourne Eagles" and I certainly wouldn't expect to find them with a South American domain.

Surely Birminghamspeedway.co.uk , Eastbournespeedway.co.uk etc, is better than Birminghambrummies.co and Eastbourneeagles.co ?

• Like 8

Think everyone should be careful of making slanderous comments because it will close down BSF like it did last time.

• Like 2

Think everyone should be careful of making slanderous comments because it will close down BSF like it did last time.

Hmm..was just about to post the same thing.

Richsimpson in particular might want to word his accusations about malicious removal etc a bit more gently. And yes, i realise i have offered to put HougardRacingFan in a river on this same thread, but i'm pretty sure the bspa won't be interested in that one..

Absolutely ludicrous to think that AP Media would take the site down in some sort of petty act. What on earth could be gained from it...

There were technical issues with the site for yonks and yonks, a decision was made by the Bspa - it was carried out. It also went off the week before didn't it ?

What's probably not helped aswell is a renegade press release made by someone who has chosen to go it alone without the backing of his management.

I think we should wait and see if this is true before making any judgements.

Someone will know, and the information will find its way to this forum no doubt.

On what I've seen, there are only two possible outcomes.

A. something less than honesty behind the scenes

B. the website hosting is woefully and inexcusably inadequate, even if that's the unlikely case, not doing anything about it is also unacceptable, as quite clearly its' been shown as not fit for purpose and clubs have a right to complain if it's costing them revenue.

Whatever the reasons why it happened, having a website down at such a crucial time from seemingly something that should not cause it to break sweat is unacceptable and should be changed with immediate effect, also banning Chris Simpson for speaking his mind is bang out of order, this last setence is not rumour or slander, it is fact.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 3

Hmm..was just about to post the same thing.

Richsimpson in particular might want to word his accusations about malicious removal etc a bit more gently. And yes, i realise i have offered to put HougardRacingFan in a river on this same thread, but i'm pretty sure the bspa won't be interested in that one..

Absolutely ludicrous to think that AP Media would take the site down in some sort of petty act. What on earth could be gained from it...

There were technical issues with the site for yonks and yonks, a decision was made by the Bspa - it was carried out. It also went off the week before didn't it ?

What's probably not helped aswell is a renegade press release made by someone who has chosen to go it alone without the backing of his management.

IF you're referring to the statement issued by the Birmingham Press Officer in relation to the website outage, then I think you will find that this was approved by the Birmingham management.

• Like 1

On what I've seen, there are only two possible outcomes.

A. something less than honesty behind the scenes

B. the website hosting is woefully and inexcusably inadequate, even if that's the unlikely case, not doing anything about it is also unacceptable, as quite clearly its' been shown as not fit for purpose and clubs have a right to compain if it's costing thm revenue.

I don't disagree.

The point I was trying to get over was that we should be careful about commenting on the possibility of a guy being banned from working in the sport, when we have no real information yet whether or not it is true . :D

I don't disagree.

The point I was trying to get over was that we should be careful about commenting on the possibility of a guy being banned from working in the sport, when we have no real information yet whether or not it is true . :D

GUESS Chris himself can confirm, or others connected to the situation. However, as an 'insider' I am 100% sure it's true.

Edited by SGP
  • Like 1

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, proof enough the BSPA is not fit for purpose.

• Like 1

Just a minor point Steve. It is libelous not slanderous, slanderous is spoken . Edited by A ORLOV

Just a minor point Steve. It is libelous not slanderous, slanderous is spoken .

Fair point, same meaning.