British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Why Can't All Speedway Be Like This

The main thing that has changed in Speedway is the passion of the fans ....in the old days that always made the match look and feel better than is was ...it was like the other night after losing to Poole I really did not care to much and that sort of feeling is what I sense at most tracks these days .

The fans that were watching in the old days are pretty much the same fans that are watching now ! why have they lost the passion and if they have why do they still go ?

The fans that were watching in the old days are pretty much the same fans that are watching now ! why have they lost the passion and if they have why do they still go ?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I sometime wonder myself. :sad: :sad: :sad:

The main thing that has changed in Speedway is the passion of the fans ....in the old days that always made the match look and feel better than is was ...it was like the other night after losing to Poole I really did not care to much and that sort of feeling is what I sense at most tracks these days .

Exactly. The best example I can give is that during the Mallett era I'd go to Newport probably 6-8 times a season as a "neutral" and I'd feel odd for clapping or cheering as the 250 others in the stadium were spread out and doing the same, so nobody cheered. Then Newport made the 2011 KOC final and over 1000 people turned up, the place was buzzing with people cheering race times. It was a great meeting, finished about 65-25 to Newport, there was plenty of passing as every time Glasgow gated Newport just flew past them with an air of inevitability but nobody cared, they're cheered and shouted. It was a great meeting. Now of that meeting has been the league meeting a couple of weeks earlier it would have just been another meeting in stead it was one of the best meetings I've seen for a long time.

People make a meeting exciting, more people = more noise. more noise = atmosphere and fun. atmosphere an fun = more people. Sadly, the reality is that the opposite is true of speedway these days :(

I don't like the 2 semi's in one night. You lose the thread keeping jumping around and don't get to see replays of all the better bits as they have zip off to the other track. Its all very disjointed, then you get a couple of falls as we did last night and it all goes to pot towards the end. Was at the Norfolk Arena a couple of years back when the Stars made the PO's - it was the worst nights entertainment I'd seen all season - not due to the racing, but continual stop / start nature of the racing and killed the atmosphere and it was a right drag. The play offs should be a great finale to the season, but in the current form they don't really work for either the spectator or arm chair viewer

Can't they do it live from track A and then keep filtering in one recorded race from track B.

• Like 1

Can't they do it live from track A and then keep filtering in one recorded race from track B.

That's the question we were asking at Perry Barr on Monday. At one point the riders were sat on their bikes for over 15 minutes, while the screen showed a heat from Poole, followed by Pearson and Ermolenko yakking away, followed by an interview, followed by Pearson and Ermolenko yakking away again, followed by adverts.

OK, broadcasters and viewers love "live" sport, but with the numbers involved would it really matter if one meeting was live and the other tape delayed? 30 heats done and dusted by 9:45 that way.

Edited by TonyOfBrum
  • Like 3

I think that is a great idea barrow boy. It would certainly help with continuity at both of the Tracks. :t::approve: :approve: