British Speedway Forum

Another good signing. Also the remaining two riders in the top five should be confirmed on friday

Fair enough draw,Ben at Kent, if he stays there, as number 1. On paper Ellis is the stronger of the two but will be interesting to see how they bond and ride Lakeside.

Any guesses who the last 2 will be?

At a guess PoP, and purely as a guess ............ 'im and 'im! :wink::P

At a guess PoP, and purely as a guess ............ 'im and 'im! :wink::P

Clear as mud Bryn....how comes you are not currently in the land of the kangaroo mate / cobber?

Clear as mud Bryn....how comes you are not currently in the land of the kangaroo mate / cobber?

Was intending to be down under and wish I was SC but stupidly fell over (AND I was sober!) at Swindon resulting in replacement hip joint! Ah well there's always next year!

Think one could be Electric.

Wow i didn't know Gary Numan rode!

Aha..the penny drops....would have said more static than electric!

Quote of the year so far mate.

If we re-sign Davey Watt, then I truly give up.

He clearly doesn't, in his true 'heart of hearts' want to be with us.

We are simply a financial 'means to an end'.

I truly despair. :(

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

Quote of the year so far mate.

If we re-sign Davey Watt, then I truly give up.

He clearly doesn't, in his true 'heart of hearts' want to be with us.

We are simply a financial 'means to an end'.

I truly despair. :(

I was disappointed with Davey at times last season but would be happy to see him back.

Perhaps being in his third season with us will make him feel part of the furniture and forget about his beloved Poole as they have had no use for him over that period.

Daveys help towards younger riders is well documented and will be essential this coming season with the new draft riders.

I was disappointed with Davey at times last season but would be happy to see him back.

Perhaps being in his third season with us will make him feel part of the furniture and forget about his beloved Poole as they have had no use for him over that period.

Daveys help towards younger riders is well documented and will be essential this coming season with the new draft riders.

I think most of us feel like that. Nobody could fault Davey on the way he rode in 2012 and if we had more of the same most people would be well pleased. Davey had a number of problems last season and not getting paid in Poland didn't help. Like a lot of the Aussies he starts throwing his toys around sometimes if things are not working out but if you are building s team to include a 7+ rider I can't think of anyone of those available that would necessarily be any better.

I also think the Poole thing is a bit over-rated when you look at the way he bothers with younger riders. You won't find many EL captains that bother half as much as Davey has done.

Whether the whole team has been built with the right balance though, is a different matter. Big season needed from Lewis.